• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@sethporges

If in #Paris, stay the F away from canal side of La République area. A man w AK-47 just gunned down multiple people & on run. Yes I'm okay

@sethporges

Sounded like maybe five shots. Reports are it was a Kalishnikov/AK-47 in a restaurant. Right by McDonald's on Quai de Valmy by canal

shaowebb

COMPLETE STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED FOR ALL OF FRANCE.

All borders closed. This is from President Hollande for those that missed it as these posts flew by so fast.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
François Hollande: Military reinforcements coming in. We know who the terrorists are. The attacks are still going on.

not surprising that they know, but still interesting

SRG01

I have a friend that lives in Paris, but she isn't online. It says that she has been on FB so hopefully she's alright :/

No, sorry i don't think so. Attacking bad ideas is never a mistake. The only positive outcome from any of this is religion ending all over the world.

Yes attack the bad ideas. Should we kill the constitution of the us because tea party likes to use it to plan a shift to right wing us politics ? Please

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
gEkNITE.jpg

https://twitter.com/rebeccakesby1/status/665302185844932609

She is a BBC journalist.

Cub3h

Banned
Border being closed? It's way too late but it's a start, Europe is under siege. I fear this is the end of Schengen.

kitch9

Banned
French question must be why not London and the answers have to be borders I guess.

Paris is iconic, similar to London.

Out of the two Paris would be the easiest to sneak a load of military ordinance into.

They would probably have preferred London I guess.

Can someone European explain the significance of closed borders? I assume it has a lot to do with Europe's generally open borders, but it seems like that's a logical reaction to an attack of this magnitude.

That and for a modern European nation that is a logistical nightmare that you only undertake during an absolute crisis. That means no planes, no cars, no ferries, no trains, all of it is shut down from crossing the border. Something like it hasn't happened since the Iron Curtain went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom