• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Unfortunately the only way these extremists, and their extreme activities will ever, somehow, be brought to a halt is via correspondingly extreme actions in turn.

How humans in 2015 can still have 'differences', real or perceived, that lead to horrific situations like this is staggering, and terribly saddening.

A very sad time, and a dire situation.

CNN is just interested in your viewership. They have zero interest in getting things right because there's no consequence for it. I've already assumed 90% of what we're being told is going to be wrong or changed in 24 hours.

zelas

Border being closed? It's way too late but it's a start, Europe is under siege. I fear this is the end of Schengen.

I'm assuming you mean too late to prevent these attacks? President said he was closing the borders to not let anyone escape. If attacks are still on going it's a reasonable reaction.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Prieres pour tous ceux et celles qui sont affectés.

Est-ce qu'on connait la provance des ses actes?

Curufinwe

Because this isn't a "gigantic" coordinated attack? This seems like something that relatively few people in a few different locations in a single city with a few explosives & guns have done. And it's all the more scary because of it. Usually we find out about bigger plans, but these kinds of smaller things are far more likely to go unnoticed while still being fairly destructive & deadly events due to the extremely deadly fire power of guns.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened in the US already with how easy it is to get assault rifles.

Osaka15

Banned
The government of these big nations are more to blame for this attack than the terrorist when they choose to do nothing about these alleged radicalized Islamist terrorist. I am glad I live in a good community and avoid these types of event.

Linius

Dutch extreme right winger Geert Wilders tweeted he wants our PM to close our borders as well. This kind of terrible events are like candy for extreme right wingers everywhere.

From what I'm hearing from witnesses on CNN, they are not taking hostages. They don't say anything, just shooting people. They are on a search and kill mission.

The police better not be waiting for some sort of demand or negotiation.

They need to storm the fucking theater now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom