• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it weird that I find this stuff fascinating? Like I completely understand the horror of the situation, but I can't look away once it happens, I keep watching the news and stuff.

Guess it's like being able to look away from a trainwreck, that strange sense of awe.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
guys if you're going to post random-ass unconfirmed english language tweets, please at least fucking link them (a direct link to the tweet is best) so people who aren't posting random-ass unconfirmed stuff can figure out what you're on about and correct your misinformation.

On this page I'm seeing people posting English-language reports based on French-language reports based on French facebook posts from half an hour ago as if they were breaking, even when there have been followups on that very situation.

Cake Boss

Banned
The government of these big nations are more to blame for this attack than the terrorist when they choose to do nothing about these alleged radicalized Islamist terrorist. I am glad I live in a good community and avoid these types of event.

What magical utopia do you live in sir?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is it weird that I find this stuff fascinating? Like I completely understand the horror of the situation, but I can't look away once it happens, I keep watching the news and stuff.

Guess it's like being able to look away from a trainwreck, that strange sense of awe.

These events tend to affect the world at large, so no not weird.

The government of these big nations are more to blame for this attack than the terrorist when they choose to do nothing about these alleged radicalized Islamist terrorist. I am glad I live in a good community and avoid these types of event.
What a strange thing to say right now. The terrorist are responsible for this 100%.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
WTF, that's actually true

WTF

WTF

WTF

Homme is supposedly not with them on this leg of the tour. Also, Chris Goss, longtime friend and collaborator of Homme/Hughes and the other members of the band, has heard that the band made it to a police station.

sQLSxs8.png

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I am afraid of what will be uncovered inside the Bataclan Hall. Pure speculation, but I am fearing the death toll will go through the roof. :(

RangerX

Banned
I understand grievances tied to foreign lands but citizens of france and the UK are so far removed and enjoying so much of our domestic comforts that I find their claims - "this is for Syria" and the like to be totally bollocks. Usually, when these people are apprehended or killed, the same picture emerges. Economically poor, mentally inadequate, selfish individuals who were happy until they weren't and then decided to kill a bunch of innocent people. It's not acceptable and places like France and the UK have hitherto been too soft in response.

We can stamp out these particular "ideas" by making it inconvenient to have them and killing people who act on them. If it creates more terrorists, we kill them too. This kind of social and cultural retardation needs cleansing from the global gene pool.

Thing is it isn't just Syria and Iraq. This ideology is spread over the region. That plan only works if you can kill the people who are actually propagating this vile ideology. Like in Iraq and Afghanistan tens maybe hundreds of thousands of innocent Muslims would die. All that would do is push people toward extremism. We need to stand with the majority of Muslims who reject extremism. Unless there is a change of ideas in the region it will just happen again. Even pushing those who are being radicalised towards a political path rather than violent jihad would be a significant step. My thoughts are with the victims of this tragedy.

Cappa

Banned
I never thought Id be nervous about travelling around Europe.... but man all this shit is in France has me nervous about my trip to germany, belgium and netherlands next week...

nilbog21

Banned

What the fuck..

pbsapeer

Banned

Feel the same. Morbid curiosity I guess? Can't help but feel such sadness for the victims though
Stay safe Paris x

Walpurgis

Banned
Holy shit. I just woke up and found out about the news.
Does anybody know who are the shooters?
No. It's been going on for at least 2 hours. All we know is that there were 6 attacks. Gunmen rampaged through the streets with assault rifles while a massive football game was going. At this time, there are 100 hostages in a nightclub.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
At least 40 dead, 60 wounded
numbers from sky news/french police

clockpunk

Christ...

People are tweeting from inside the theater to police - begging them to raid the building because the terrorists are going from room to room killing anyone they find hiding.

Police/Interpol/whoever needs to get in there and just hope they have good aim and good judgement and try to take out these fuckers.

That chills me to the bone, stay strong France - we are in this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom