• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfield

The things is, attacks like this you just can't prepare for. Unless you'd suggest we all start carrying guns everytime we go out.

You can only hope intelligence services are on to the groups organising these kind of attacks before they happen. But there will always be attacks that slip trough.

No no I mean that you gotta be prepared for the unprepared. Of course you can't prepare for something like that...but you can expect it.

inm8num2

This all is horrible and terrifying. Have not seen/read much about what has happened.

My thoughts are with everyone over there.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Friend of mine is with her boyfriend at the football game. Just got a message that she is safe.

What a terrible situation..

Grizzo

Nightmarish. That hostage situation, those multiple shootings, the closing of borders, those sirens still going off... Feels like war out there.

I'm still so stressed out GAF :(

CTujtWNWIAA1-Zw.jpg

They've got one?

No way to know. They will probably arrest many suspects.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Stuff like this makes me never wanna leave my small town. I know it's irrational, but it does really make you afraid.

I'm with you man. I moved out of the big city to a small town in the mountains and as horrible as it sounds news like this makes me feel safer up here. Not to disrespect the victims or anything like that, obviously.

Dryk

What the fuck
So they take all those hostages but haven't asked for anything, just kill them?
If your goals are to instill fear in the general population then this is arguably a better approach. The prospect of being held hostage and then killed is a lot more terrifying than just being shot without warning.

It really worries me that as time goes on terrorist groups are employing tactics that are a much more efficient uses of resources than something like 9/11.

They just played video on CNN during the soccer match of the explosions being heard in the middle of the match, coming from outside the stadium.

The crowd reacted as though it was fireworks or something like that. They didn't know at the time, so the players and game just went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom