• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwahhhhh

just got home and heard about this and have been reading various news sites. terrible. condolences to ParisGAF and all of Paris.

Gorger

CTujtWNWIAA1-Zw.jpg

They've got one?

I'll be extremely surprised if they catch any of these bastards alive. They are ready to die for their cause, and will take as many people with them as they can.

Cappa

Banned
Agence France-Presse ✔ @AFP
#BREAKING One of explosions near Paris stadium was suicide attack: several sources

Breakage

Copped news of this on the radio, turned on the TV and damn, this is crazy. A planned multi-pronged attack at night and the body count is already at 40 last time I checked. Seems like they wanted to overwhelm the police and security forces. It's fucked up.

I have to say this makes me feel a little uneasy about working in Central London. I also travel to Paris twice a month. Probably a little irrational but still, I find this discomforting.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Okay, so the problem is that you are posting a german source which is repeating old french news.

And it's made worse that you don't even know if it's true, you just went ahead and reposted it anyway. So if it was false, now you would have spread false news.

Sorry.
But how can I should I know if it is true? I can hardly verify it. And it's hard to keep up what's new information and what's not, I just saw this retweeted a bunch on my twitter feed. It's a german newspaper so I thought it's probably more verified than some random dude on twitter. But I wont repeat it. Sorry again.

Edit: Hope that doesn't sound condescending or annoyed or anything! You are correct.

Tapiozona

Banned
Not condoning what they did but the Russian Alpha Team dealt with terrorists in Boss mode... These people obviously don't care about their own lives.

Six years later, in October 1985, Alpha Group was dispatched to war-torn Beirut, Lebanon. The Kremlin was informed of the kidnapping of four Soviet diplomats by the militant group, the Islamic Liberation Organization (a radical offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood). It was believed that this was retaliation for the Soviet support of Syrian involvement in the Lebanese Civil War.[19] However, by the time Alpha arrived, one of the hostages had already been killed. Through a network of supporting KGB operatives, members of the task-force identified each of the perpetrators involved in the crisis, and once identified, began to take the relatives of these militants as hostages. Following the standard Soviet policy of no negotiations with terrorists, some of the hostages taken by Alpha Group were dismembered, and their body parts sent to the militants. The warning was clear: more would follow unless the remaining hostages were released immediately.[20] The show of force worked, and for a period of 20 years no Soviet or Russian officials were taken captive, until the 2006 abduction and murder of four Russian embassy staff in Iraq.[21]

Euron

Holy Fuck what the hell is going on?

Regardless, stay safe ParisGAF. We, the rest of the world, are with you through this no matter what happens.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Jesus Christ.

I hate the French as much as the next Englishman, but to shoot up Paris and take hostages is so far past the line that you can't even see it any more.

God damn...

My thoughts are with them. Any reports on those responsible yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom