• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

Stuff like this makes me never wanna leave my small town. I know it's irrational, but it does really make you afraid.

They keep saying the terrorists haven't won or won't win, but sentiments like this means they kinda have.

The world is a much more dangerous place post 9/11

Cyd0nia

Banned
CTujtWNWIAA1-Zw.jpg

They've got one?

Draw and quarter the cunt

Seize his family and friends tonight

Wonder how this will affect the football euro tournament next year given the targets of this attack.
The security for that will be crazy. They won't cancel it or anything - neither should they - but probably a lot of checks on trains, roads, at the stadiums and police in the streets.

Mask

Jesus Christ, I was just about to go to sleep when my phone went mad with alerts!

I feel sick, and I hope everyone here who lives in, or knows people in Paris, takes care and gets theirselves somewhere safe! Don't take risks!

RIP all the victims. Fuck the scumbag attackers.

HardRojo

Just caught wind of this, it's incredibly sad and terrible. 40 victims and the number will keep growing. My thoughts go to the families of the victims.

entremet

Some of the footage on Twitter is just horrific as smartphones allow people to post videos of this massacre rather easily.

Not for the squeamish.

NateDog

Wonder how this will affect the football euro tournament next year given the targets of this attack.

Think it's more to do with getting attention and with affecting a large number of people rather than anything directly to do with sport, then again hard to say for sure. You're talking about one explosion near a football stadium / football match, one hostage situation at a theatre/concert, and a shooting at a restaurant at minimum, perhaps those places were chosen for more than simply that, who knows right now.

Edit: May have misread your post or what you meant, apologies.

tass0

Banned
What did he say?

He said how Hebdo was nothing compared what they expected, what's happening now is a clearer picture of what we/he expects, what experts expected, claimed that most of the shooters are "French" or Muslim immigrants to France, went off about how he wished he could carry his gun, etc.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Concert hall is being raided right now according to Hamburger Morgenpost.
Can't tell you if that's a trustworthy source, just saw it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/mopo/status/665306043182809088

Okay, so the problem is that you are posting a german source which is repeating old french news.

And it's made worse that you don't even know if it's true, you just went ahead and reposted it anyway. So if it was false, now you would have spread false news.

wheeplash

Jesus Christ, I was just about to go to sleep when my phone went mad with alerts!

I feel sick, and I hope everyone here who lives in, or knows people in Paris, takes care and gets theirselves somewhere safe! Don't take risks!

RIP all the victims. Fuck the scumbag attackers.

I know it's a little off-topic, but what kind of alerts do you use on your phone? I'd like to have them.

I feel like a piece of shit that upon hearing that it was a Eagles of Death Metal concert, my first thought was to wonder if the band was OK. I guess it's because it's a group of people that I know of instead of a random person in France, but it made things scarier. I can only hope that the reports that the hostages are being killed off one by one is false, but I fear that it isn't the case.

Condolences to everyone who has died and I hope the authorities stop this before it gets worse and bring those involved to justice. Truly awful.

Putosaure

Reports of shooting and explosion followed by a silence in the concert hall.

Shots fired right now.

Dismembered corpses saw.

Just got the news about this, jesus christ this is absolutely horrifying.

Was hearing one of the witnesses in one of the reports telling how the perpetrators were just executing the hostages one by one like goddamn cattle, I feel devastated by just hearing someone having to share such a tragic story.

Prayers go to all innocents involved :(

Jezbollah

Suicide bomb went off at Stade de France, hit Gate J, and killed three people.

This is likely to be the sound that the video clip posted earlier was of.

forms

Are CNN actually broadcasting from outside the concert hall where hostages were taken, even though the French government has asked news agencies not to show what is happening there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom