• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeioIIDX

Woke up because of an earthquake at 5:15 in the morning and now this shit. Wtf is going on today? Jesus Christ..

Wait, what? This is totally unrelated but I'm freaked out right now because I live in Mississippi and was also sleeping around the same time and I had a vivid dream about an earthquake happening all around me. Very weird coincidence and I don't really believe in clairvoyance.

This Paris incident is scary as hell, I will be praying for everyone over there in just a minute. Please stay safe Paris-GAF and everyone else who lives there, please.

Putosaure

Okay but:

1) Posting this on GAF makes it third hand news (witness -> CNN -> poster), which is bad for getting the details right or assessing claim credibility

2) The information is significantly out of date

3) People who are not just driveby posting are trying to figure out what's going on and it's made harder when they can't figure out if new posts are the same old news being re-reported or new, breaking news, especially since old reports with the word BREAKING: don't get edited to remove the BREAKING:

People should not be posting anything that isn't a first-hand report, linked directly, originating from within the last few minutes. There is essentially no reason to post a US media report at all because they will never be those things in this case. Less noise, more signal.

I guess people watching the french news channels can report ?

Think it's more to do with getting attention and with affecting a large number of people rather than anything directly to do with sport, then again hard to say for sure. You're talking about one explosion near a football stadium / football match, one hostage situation at a theatre/concert, and a shooting at a restaurant at minimum, perhaps those places were chosen for more than simply that, who knows right now.

Edit: May have misread your post or what you meant, apologies.

I was thinking as the german team apparently got threatened together with attacks at the stadium, and also a avenue with an american band playing got targeted, it feels like its not only an attack against France.

And like other wrote there is gonna be huge security, but still I cant be the only one thinking about how this will end out with people from all over europe gathers up in this country that already had several attacks in a short time.

I must say I really hate the media coverage tho.. I find it so discusting when they interview victims in shock with stupid questions until they get the quotes they need..

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Goddammit, I used to think nobody took France seriously enough to actually attack it, but it seems we can't catch a break now. Awful.

Oddly enough, I managed to get home between 10 and 11pm without hearing or seeing anything suspicious, even though I took the most frequented metro line (line 1), which passes right through the center of the city.

Stay safe, Paris-GAF.

uSpmyyh.png

Damn

megalowho

How is this still ongoing. I'm not getting the sense that anything is under control out there, hard to separate new reports from the old. Absolutely dreading the official report of what happened at Bataclan.

Starfield

We will no longer be reporting what's happening at the Bataclan. This is due to a gag request by French Police.
/u/willz1208

from reddit so take it with a grain of salt. Im watching the live thread

From BFMTV: More policemen and the army are coming to Paris right now.
This is benign info but let's not quote BFM.

These are the pieces of shit who reported live on TV that people had managed to hide while the hyper casher hostage situation was still ongoing. They could have gotten these people killed. That's how sensationalist and worthless these guys are.

no, it's not an unreasonable statement at this moment in time.

what's nonsense is the outright dismissal of it.
Can you guys wait until this is over before the anti-refugee handwringing starts?

Cappa

Banned
This is just awful. Was watching the football game and heard the explosion.

Makes me feel uneasy having so many refugees without any papers in Europe.

as someone living in Europe... the refugees are not the problem lol. Most of these terrorists were born and/or raised in Europe.

Kerned

Banned
Probably misunderstood the meaning of your sentence (not a native speaker).

The person I was was responding to was comparing another poster to ISIS because they were advocating being level headed about a potential response to these attacks. I was just expressing that I don't think it's reasonable to compare other posters to ISIS.

LordAmused

From TV5 tv, the French Channel in Quebec:

The assault is being given right now in the Bataclan theater.

Trying to report as much as I can what I'm hearing on the TV right now.

What are you talking about? Jesus christ.

But he is right...the people know will be scared even if the refugees are just people who run away from exactly the same terror. But here in germany a lot of people were scared befire and they thought we woul let get terrorist in our country with the refugees and you can think what the people will think now after what happend in paris. Damn...

Juicy Bob

I think it's nearly impossible to accurately keep up with events like this as they're unfolding.

I hope that when I wake up tomorrow morning, Paris is calm, the death toll is minimal and the healing can begin.

Lots of love to FranceGAF.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope the best for everyone in Paris, I'm using the topic to be caught up, but may not have much to say but that this is all so dreadful.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So, German public TV (ARD), whose reporting is very conservative and proclaimed to be based on police reports and French media, summarizes the situation so far as involving attacks at at least 7 different locations.

manhack

Sounds like they are purposely trying to contain the news coverage to avoid alerting the terrorists.

We probably won't have the full picture about what happened for a very long time.

Jackl

How is this still ongoing. I'm not getting the sense that anything is under control out there, hard to separate new reports from the old. Absolutely dreading the official report of what happened at Bataclan.

Terrorists are being smarter about it.

Multiple groups coordinated and attacking across the city stretching police forces thin.

as someone living in Europe... the refugees are not the problem lol. Most of these terrorists were born and/or raised in Europe.
Pretty much. It's also amazing some people from here can travel to Syria and just come back. Those should all be arrested and locked up, no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom