• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
This seems like a maximum psychological terror attack. I doubt the gunmen have any intention of trying to escape. Hostages are just to draw out the terror as long as possible. Shoot people one at a time and if they get rushed, just detonate so you can take military/law enforcement with you. Absolute evil.

SwolBro

Banned
it's time to call this out for what it is. this is a war of ideas, of really poor ideas with theological underpinnings.

enough dancing around it.

Anion

Seems like a very trained, coordinated, desperate group...also rehearsed and clever enough to evade Interpol and what not.

MrHoot

Still waiting on a news from friend. Corinne Porta, was near the location when the events happened. If anyone there happens to know her

Dryk

But he is right...the people know will be scared even if the refugees are just people who run away from exactly the same terror. But here in germany a lot of people were scared befire and they thought we woul let get terrorist in our country with the refugees and you can think what the people will think now after what happend in paris. Damn...
It's the natural response but it's also a great recruiting tool for these people. Just once I'd like to see them not immediately provoke the reaction they wanted :(

I have to go sleep but I sincerely hope the hostage situation will end soon and that that will be the end of it in Paris.

The constant stream of unconfirmed reports is making my mind go crazy.

People should not be posting anything that isn't a first-hand report, linked directly, originating from within the last few minutes. There is essentially no reason to post a US media report at all because they will never be those things in this case. Less noise, more signal.

The CNN report was a direct, one-on-one report, with Wolf Blitzer interviewing a first-hand witness. And the interview finished within minutes of your post.

I don't know why you are trying to limit what news sources are allowed in a case like that, simply because the network originates from the US.

ICKE

Banned
When they find out all the perpetrators, I want people to be held accountable.Relatives who knew, Church leaders who were part of this ideology and so on. This is a huge security problem and we have hundreds of thousands pouring in without any supervision.

The political ramifications will be significant. Fuck this day...

I'm almost curious if someone inside has a Periscope.

This is such a goddamn shame. My thoughts are with Paris. I'm watching a livestream of the scene now, with no news dialogue over it. Found it on Reuters live update feed.

Majukun

This is just awful. Was watching the football game and heard the explosion.

Makes me feel uneasy having so many refugees without any papers in Europe.

it's not like having any papers matters at all
anyone can become a terrorist since now ideologies..being them good or bad,travel in 0 seconds due to the internet

many of the guy fighting for ISIS were sons of immigrants who were born and raised in europe,,and probably many of the terrorist that made these attacks haven't just arrived in france

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom