• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
This is awful. ;_;

I'm going to Paris for a week in February. I have a feeling it's going to be a much different vibe than when I was there two years ago.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
wait...they were 100 hostages and all of them died...someone please correct me im confused...i feel sick.

"Hostages" of madmen which are making no demands.
They weren't taking hostages for demands. They were likely trying to bait police to get even more victims.

Anion

I have not responded to any of the needless attacks against me. My brother in law served 3 tours for many of these refugees or their neighbors. I couldn't serve I was on a mission.

It's not wrong to want people to stand up against evil. People must stand up to defeat extremism and tyrants.

Edit:
Crappy top of page post not close enough to subject:-(

To explain in a way you'll get it, lots of these people are ill fit for fighting. A lot of other things can be said to why that was a stupid thing to say besides this...

antonz

wait...they were 100 hostages and all of them died...someone please correct me im confused...i feel sick.

There was an estimated 200 people at the event. Some escaped in the initial madness so hard to say how many were left. At that point they went around executing. Sounds like when the police made their move the terrorists may have blown up hostages

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

The term "hostage" is pretty loose; as soon as the theater was attacked, everyone there becomes a hostage. There's no indication the attackers didn't just attack people from the start to the end, no actual standoff where they simply take people hostage.

RPGCrazied

CTuvNPQVEAA5Sws.jpg

https://twitter.com/CherguiaMbark/status/665318017232822274

I hope this is true and they find him a dark, dark, cold cell where he can rot for the rest of his miserable life.

France Info confirm 1500 was at the show in Bataclan. /u/Fabe56

Reddit Livestream.

Despite how many have died, remember that if these numbers hold, it could have been MUCH worse. Something to hold to in these dark moments.

Mr Swine

Banned
Ugh, I followed this thread when I visited my brother and the death toll wasn't that high, now it looks like it's going to be over 100 people. My condolences to everyone in France :(

Omg I just heard the 100 dead figure at the concert hall.

There will be a full inquiry about this. I hope proper hostage negotiation procedures had taken place. It sounds like they just stormed in gung ho and the terrorists retaliated by throwing grenades at crowd.

According to all the reports at the time (which should be taken with a grain of salt) the intention was to kill the hostages from the beginning.

KidB

I feel sick right now, wasting innocent lives like that is totally unforgivable... These people were just out to have fun for fuck's sake... I can't take it any more, this is enough for me...

Majukun

We, my family and myself, were watching television over here in the Netherlands, when the program was interrupted by these awful attacks. My two kids are really scared. They asked me if there will be another war. To be honest, I said that it was not likely, but then again...the situation reminds me a lot at the time just before World War I. There are so many incidents lately, that It can't be without consequences...I'm starting to get scared myself tbh. I don't wanna sound dramatic, but what on earth can you do to stop this? i'm afraid that even if ISIS will be destroyed completely, there will be new threats and it will start all over again.

well,teorrist groups,fueled by many different ideologies have always existed throughout the last 100 years..these are just better financied and organized..and have discovered how powerful a medium can internet be to spread certain ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom