• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

So this is a concert hall, kinda down in a pit, and people were shooting from the balcony DOWN onto them? That is literally fish in a barrel, I can't even imagine, and then the explosions. This is just insane.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Omg I just heard the 100 dead figure at the concert hall.

There will be a full inquiry about this. I hope proper hostage negotiation procedures had taken place. It sounds like they just stormed in gung ho and the terrorists retaliated by throwing grenades at crowd.

Other way around. According to Sky and AFP they stormed in AFTER the terrorists opened fire on hostages and threw explosives at them. French police saved lives today.

eerik9000

They killed all the hostages?! Is this true?!

I don't want to sound like a complete asshole, but why wouldn't they kill the hostages when the whole purpose of these attacks is to kill as many as possible and cause as much panic and fear as possible. That's their only goal.

They don't want a million euros and a getaway plane. They want to hurt and destroy.

I only got online a while ago and read about this. Incomprehensible levels of inhumanity taking place. Just horrifying. :(
I was playing Fallout and following the score of the Belgium - Italy game via Twitter. Got distracted for five minutes, I look back at my screen and start seeing reports pile in.

Feels so surreal.

11/13/2015

sadly another day that will live in infamy

again thoughts and prayers to all that were killed and injured and the families impacted by these horrible events

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Are there still locations that have not been brought under control yet?

I hope proper hostage negotiation procedures had taken place. It sounds like they just stormed in gung ho and the terrorists retaliated by throwing grenades at crowd.
I don't think there is much to negotiate about with suicidal terrorists whose only goal is to kill as many people as possible.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Crying my heart out... want to go to bed and hope it's just a dream...

Sky reporting all hostages are dead :(

That's not what they mean, 1500 people were at the show in Bataclan.
the number of 100 is a guess i think does does not include all the hostages, a lot of people managed to escape but the venue was packed with 1500 people

We, my family and myself, were watching television over here in the Netherlands, when the program was interrupted by these awful attacks. My two kids are really scared. They asked me if there will be another war. To be honest, I said that it was not likely, but then again...the situation reminds me a lot at the time just before World War I. There are so many incidents lately, that It can't be without consequences...I'm starting to get scared myself tbh. I don't wanna sound dramatic, but what on earth can you do to stop this? i'm afraid that even if ISIS will be destroyed completely, there will be new threats and it will start all over again.

Unfortunetely there's nothing to prevent what you describe (new threats and starting all over again) unless you end the human race. This is the way of our species: As soon as someone feels they're more right than you and have power, it's all abusing it.

My most sincere condolences to those who've lost people today as well.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Well, here begins the culling of my social media.

Some absolutely disgusting comments popping up, like I can't even wrap my head around it. A girl I went to grade school with, who is a mother, typed "lol" under the tweet telling people not to blame the refugees.

She's a mother. Raising a child. And this is her first thought. I'm so mad right now.

NateDog

There will be a full inquiry about this. I hope proper hostage negotiation procedures had taken place. It sounds like they just stormed in gung ho and the terrorists retaliated by throwing grenades at crowd.

Not sure that's the case, if the reports and eye-witness accounts (and social media updates from people who said they were in there) were true, then they didn't want to and never would have negotiated for anything. They simply wanted to kill these people. Someone on FB said at least over an hour ago IIRC that they were in there and a good few people had been killed already and they were going one-by-one killing everyone and they thus begged for someone to come in and help. If this was all true and the raid was done when it was reported it was done, it was way way too late for any possible chance to save anyone.

The people who did this are bastard muslims, not those who are just ordinary muslims. Then again, I actually wonder how many muslims will gonna speak out against these terror attacks. Response to the Hebdo attacks was surprisingly muted, especially in countries where Islam is more rooted.

M7VVMVQ.jpg

6gLZV32.jpg

k11P718.jpg

sahJmVK.jpg

kvuItN9.jpg

WhYE1SB.jpg

If you think this was an actual hostage situation, you're being incredibly naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom