• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaniel

Banned
France24 says (in the runner at the bottom of the screen) that a 'security source' is claiming 'hundreds' dead at the concert hall. I hope not. :(

and we got lucky the blast vests only killed their scummy wearers.

If they blew them off on the subway, PACKED under the stadium, god, that would be 50+ more people killed :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Holy fuck, what the hell happened.

When I clicked this thread an hour or so ago it had zero replies, skimmed a bit and it sounded like it was just a random shooting and then I'm seeing that more than 100 people were killed.

SomTervo

If ISIS really is behind this, then this has to be the final fucking straw man. It's time to send troops into Raqqa/Syria from all over the world. This shit cannot be tolerated anymore. This is fucking absolutely terrifying. And we just allow them to set up camp in Raqqa. It's a fucking disgrace.

This is definitely a NATO situation now

I sure hope so. I call myself a pacifist, but a point comes where an action has to be taken or there's a solid chance you'll lose everything. We're rapidly approaching that point right now.

This is just devastating. Unprecedented.

I work with a lot of people who live in Paris, remotely. Oh, god.

Cuyejo

All indicates there wasn't any plans for an hostage situation, the fuckers just want to ramp up the death toll. This is sick, what the fuck is wrong with some people.

Hedrush

That's not what they mean, 1500 people were at the show in Bataclan.
the number of 100 is a guess i think does does not include all the hostages, a lot of people managed to escape but the venue was packed with 1500 people

Yeah we know that, but they had 100 hostages.

Estimated around 140 total dead. This is based off previous reports. /u/XenoBen

That number is not confirmed, but based off totals from before. /u/XenoBen

Reddit Live Stream

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
100 people dead alone in the concert hall? That is so horrible...

That would mean, that they killed nearly every hostage.

No, there was much more people in there than that. And as far as we know there were never any hostages, just people who didn't manage to escape. The attackers apparently attacked immediately, not after taking people "hostage".

What I feared is exactly what happened... ISIS people have no mercy whatsoever. They kill/slaughter others for their cause like they're cattle.

Next time there's a situation like this, the police/army have to act quickly. It took them too long to enter the Bataclan.

Dryk

Unfortunetely there's nothing to prevent what you describe (new threats and starting all over again) unless you end the human race. This is the way of our species: As soon as someone feels they're more right than you and have power, it's all abusing it.
As uncomfortable a thought as it is; anyone can turn around and kill you at any time given the right motivation to do it. We live with that fact every day and manage to get on with our lives, I have faith that we'll be able to live with it tomorrow.

I'm not religious at all, but it's at times alike this I wish there was a "Hell" and a very special place in there for all who cause suffering in the name of a god.

Just... Fuck... Prayers for those affected and all those gripped by fear in Paris. I can only hope that justice may be swift for whatever sorry sacks of shit organized and carried out this massacre.

Just so people are aware, that was reported earlier and they were repeating an earlier recording.

Right, sorry. Its hard to keep up. I'm switching to BBC. They seem to not report on stuff unless they're sure whereas Skys coverage is a barrage of clips and headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom