• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Cerity

Someways through A9, have to say, I do kinda miss the rhythm of the old difficulties. You'd battle a bit to A4, go back to A1 in the new difficulty and just kind of cruise until you had to prepare yourself once again in A3/A4. Now the difficulty is a more steady climb up hill.

Don't miss having to repeat all that old content 3x over for each character though :p

Killed Kitava 10 as a summoner last night on hardcore 3.7k hp 300 es. He was surprisingly easy. The mob damage ramps up massively in act 10 but Kitava was distracted by zombies, stone golem and decoy totem, so he didn't target me much at all.

Abberath minor soul helps greatly too.

There's sound design missing, your character doesn't speak at all in part2, minor god fights are quiet, greust especially noticeable, sin and innocence say nothing in the Kitava fight etc. Hopefully they fix that.

Love the new acts, act 9 might be my favourite it just flows perfectly. It's a vast improvement over the mess that is act 4. Sure there's a lot of asset reuse and they decided to kill off a lot of vendors but it's done really well, except the white rock monsters. The Ossuary tileset is gorgeous, looking forward to seeing maps that use it.

Started playing again, the new map overlay looks so much better now. Is there any way to disable the UI to take screenshots? I don't remember if PoE had that feature.

The1Ski

Holy shit what is this skill tree.

Tell me I can respec... I'm gonna fuck this up.

Use the search bar in the skill tree to help plan!! That'll help you find paths if you have an idea of what you're trying to build. For example, searching "all elemental resist" will highlight all the nodes with that stat.

Volodja

Playing SSF RF Totems and just as I got into the Ascent a random mob dropped a Tabula Rasa.
The damage spike I got from it is sick, and with RF totems not costing mana, the only downside is the lack of defenses, but it's still early to worry about that.

Furio53

didn't realize there was a GAF guild for this! I use steam but my character name is Furiio if someone wants to invite me. Would love some people to play with.

Rufus

Just hit Act 10, might push to Kitava later, but first I need to eat. Fucking game has its claws in me again.

Playing SSF RF Totems and just as I got into the Ascent a random mob dropped a Tabula Rasa.
The damage spike I got from it is sick, and with RF totems not costing mana, the only downside is the lack of defenses, but it's still early to worry about that.
Oh heya, SSF RF Totem bro. Which ascendancy did you pick? Chieftan or Berserker?

Volodja

Just hit Act 10, might push to Kitava later, but first I need to eat. Fucking game has its claws in me again.

Oh heya, SSF RF Totem bro. Which ascendancy did you pick? Chieftan or Berserker?
Haven't gotten it yet, but probably Berserker because of the general speed, I don't really feel a big need for the totems to be fire immune and the heal on Warcry seems great.
The tanky aspect of Chieftain is kinda appealing though as I play HC, so I'm still deliberating.

Rufus

Haven't gotten it yet, but probably Berserker because of the general speed, I don't really feel a big need for the totems to be fire immune and the heal on Warcry seems great.
The tanky aspect of Chieftain is kinda appealing though as I play HC, so I'm still deliberating.
I went Chieftan and am wondering if I should have gone Berserker instead, so if that's what you end up doing, do report back please. :D

So I thought I'd try this again (haven't played since it first came out) and jumped on my terrible level 47 templar that is dying to level 30ish mobs in early act 4. (had to kill Dominus in act 3 because that part didn't even exist last time I played)

After about 20 minutes my account gets banned, totally out of the blue.

Ok.

So I thought I'd try this again (haven't played since it first came out) and jumped on my terrible level 47 templar that is dying to level 30ish mobs in early act 4. (had to kill Dominus in act 3 because that part didn't even exist last time I played)

After about 20 minutes my account gets banned, totally out of the blue.

Ok.

If you are using your controls fast enough (or in a certain way) GGG bot detection might think you are a bot and auto-ban you.

burney

Neo Member
If you are using your controls fast enough (or in a certain way) GGG bot detection might think you are a bot and auto-ban you.

I got banned aswell not sure why but I was fighting and panicked and spammed my flasks. I guess their bot detection is a bit too aggressive then.

Im tyring to figure my passive tree build, the path of builder guide im using has only allocated 111 skills. Are the maximum number of points obtainable 120?

docbon

Is there something I'm missing wrt trade etiquette in this game? I'm using poe.trade to acquire a unique valued at 1 chaos, but I'm getting auto replies from sellers saying not to whisper for 1c items. What is my other option here?

edit: belt acquired 💪

Rufus

Jesus Christ the Kitava fight. The minion phase is so dangerous. x_x

edit: LOL. Dead. 4k life, 39% phys mitigation. One shot by his punch.

Is there something I'm missing wrt trade etiquette in this game? I'm using poe.trade to acquire a unique valued at 1 chaos, but I'm getting auto replies from sellers saying not to whisper for 1c items. What is my other option here?
Just ignore those. They've progressed past the need to pop out of their map for 1c, but instead of taking their items off the shop, they put in this message instead.

KKRT00

Guys, i kicked few people out of Guild, because we were full.
I dont know if those accounts were active or not, due to lack of info in menu, so if i kicked somebody active, please let me know!

Also request for all guild member. Please add to your description info 3.0(Active) or something like that, so i will be sure that you are active.

-----
didn't realize there was a GAF guild for this! I use steam but my character name is Furiio if someone wants to invite me. Would love some people to play with.

Invite sent.

Volodja

I went Chieftan and am wondering if I should have gone Berserker instead, so if that's what you end up doing, do report back please. :D
What are you dissatisfied with on Chieftain?
Is it just a bit slow?
With going with Berserker I am only worried about getting spiked dead later on, even if damage spikes should've been lowered overall, but as long as I stick with Tabula Rasa, I'm gonna have some defense issues and I don't see myself switching off until I get a 5 link at least.
I should probably find a good spot to farm some currency to upgrade my equipment.
I should've ran Dried Lake for a bit maybe.

Rufus

What are you dissatisfied with on Chieftain?
Is it just a bit slow?
It was fine, but nore damage can't hurt. I just don't know how it compares. But now that I killed my Chieftan by being too impatient to grind, I can test out the Berserker variant myself.

I'm mostly worried that the totems will die too fast, but then again, my Searing Bond and Decoy lived long enough to wear off by themselves most of the time.

Doesn't chieftan give your totems immunity to burning damage? That seems really good. I'd say both have their pros and cons. They're both probably good for it.

Rufus

That's why I didn't even consider Berserker and went Chieftan instead, but I suspect the totems will be fine without the immunity. They might die to monsters, but they cost nothing to cast, anyway, so I might as well go Berserker this time for some extra damage.

That's why I didn't even consider Berserker and went Chieftan instead, but I suspect the totems will be fine without the immunity. They might die to monsters, but they cost nothing to cast, anyway, so I might as well go Berserker this time for some extra damage.

You'll lose some damage but you'll make up for it with survivability.

Rufus

Well, that bit didn't do much against Kitava (or his stupidly strong adds), so now I'm more open to the old idea that "dead monsters aren't a danger".

NG28

Are the 3.0 builds on the POE forums still relevant with newest update?

Nvm it looks like 3.0 is the newest update.

Are the 3.0 builds on the POE forums still relevant with newest update?

Nvm it looks like 3.0 is the newest update.

Most should be. I would stay away from builds that relied on poison, bleed, ignite, or energy shield though for now. Until we learn how to make those mechanics viable again.

This new expansion has been fantastic so far, the boss fights are on point.

If possible could I get an invite to the GAF guild? In-game name is Nezuhualpilli

Act 9 is probably my favorite Part 2 act so far.
It was so nice actually being able to explore the land around Highgate and have quests that involve the NPCs more. I also loved how the seemingly obligatory appearances by Shavronne, Malagaro, and Doedre thoughout the last several acts ended up paying off big.

Xyber

Stopped playing back in August last year after my RF build couldn't progress any further without a huge amount of currency. Glad to be back again and the game is as addicting as ever, lvl 59 now after 2 days and had a pretty smooth ride leveling with firestorm totem.

Was also lucky to get an exalted orb at lvl 27 so bought myself a tabula rasa to ease the leveling.

Tom Penny

All my currency is in standard with the new expansion in finally doing a league. I played a little yesterday so I should finally get to new content tonight. Attempting a Stun Marauder.

I think in going to respec my RF to Juggernaut. Zerker is nice for farming maps, but I want to farm Uber with it and that increased 10% damage taken makes dealing with traps and Izaro pretty difficult. Damage is great though and clear speed is good for maps. But I don't want to focus on mapping yet.

Someone posted on Reddit that they had a 10 key Uber runs. That's insane.

Also I'd like an invite to get guild. Character name is HoffellRF and my account name is SparkleMotion.

Wallach

I started Harbinger league as a Scorching Ray Trickster, but honestly being my first caster ever (I guess other than RF which I more consider melee) I was not into the playstyle. The final A10 boss was particularly annoying with the stand-and-rotate playstyle and relatively poor physical resist (which currently is a massive issue for that particular fight).

Had some good luck with currency though through level 70 (including one Exalted drop) so I funded the switch over to a Cyclone / Warchief Slayer and facerolled my way to level 61 / Act 9 in one sitting yesterday. Cyclone feels so great now. Basically elbow dropping everything compared to my Trickster.

Just did my first uberlab post switch to Jugg. My god that was so much easier. Took a little longer without having the increased 40% damage from Zerker. But at 6 endurance charges it made the whole uberlab a breeze.

Just completed a 6 key run.

Wallach

Just did my first uberlab post switch to Jugg. My god that was so much easier. Took a little longer without having the increased 40% damage from Zerker. But at 6 endurance charges it made the whole uberlab a breeze.

Just completed a 6 key run.

RF Jugg has to be the easiest uberlab farm in the game. Not the fastest, but definitely the easiest.

Died on HC with my Storm Call Templar at the very end of Act 5. :\ :\ :\

I should've known better than to skip out on a HP cluster in favor of more damage when I was already demolishing everything up to that point. That coupled with doing the boss while exhausted led me to dodge poorly and die.

Sad times.

I ran through first half of Act 6 with the same char was doing fine still so I think I just got sloppy.

I gave up on HC after two chars died to the templar boss with the laser beam + orb spams and massive hp. RIP Saboteur / Dead Eye. Now I've been playing an lightning elementalist on SC SSF Harbinger. :( There is no way to do campaign without dying, some of the bosses are spammy as fuck and I focused on hp nodes and resists for my HC characters too.

Furio53

Been having a blast (and thanks for guild invite!).

I played a long time ago, but don't remember a whole lot. No idea what you guys are talking about up there. :p

Made a shadow and going bow with it. Hopefully won't gimp myself but probably will lol. Used a build guide as a base line but kind of doing my own thing with it as well. Just started act 4 last night. Been going solo so far, but about to go into Kaom's dream and other portal quest. If i remember right those can be kinda tough? So if anyone wants to play together when I'm on just shoot me a message. Don't like to rush though, just stick together and have fun, hopefully get some loot :)

btw, I already have had 4 chaos orbs drop... seems like more than normal by lvl 35?

brian!

Ay if i wanna build a dual wielding sunder berserker which guide would i look at? I see that dw stunzerker that the tutorial video guy posted but im not really interested in going so ham with stun and stun res.

Been having a blast (and thanks for guild invite!).

I played a long time ago, but don't remember a whole lot. No idea what you guys are talking about up there. :p

Made a shadow and going bow with it. Hopefully won't gimp myself but probably will lol. Used a build guide as a base line but kind of doing my own thing with it as well. Just started act 4 last night. Been going solo so far, but about to go into Kaom's dream and other portal quest. If i remember right those can be kinda tough? So if anyone wants to play together when I'm on just shoot me a message. Don't like to rush though, just stick together and have fun, hopefully get some loot :)

btw, I already have had 4 chaos orbs drop... seems like more than normal by lvl 35?

I started last November when Breach came out. I've now played over 500 hours. I'm still learning a lot about the game every day. Knowledge of the game comes with time.

That sounds about right with the chaos drops. This game unfortunately isn't much of a party game unless you're rushing maps.

Ay if i wanna build a dual wielding sunder berserker which guide would i look at? I see that dw stunzerker that the tutorial video guy posted but im not really interested in going so ham with stun and stun res.

I think Zizarin has a decent guide on Youtube.

Furio53

I started last November when Breach came out. I've now played over 500 hours. I'm still learning a lot about the game every day. Knowledge of the game comes with time.

That sounds about right with the chaos drops. This game unfortunately isn't much of a party game unless you're rushing maps.

I think Zizarin has a decent guide on Youtube.

Oh so if you party up it doesn't increase difficulty/rewards ala Diablo? Ijust assumed it did.

Rufus

Oh so if you party up it doesn't increase difficulty/rewards ala Diablo? Ijust assumed it did.
It does. (Some outdated info there, for sure, but you get the idea.)

The added quantity per party member used to be really helpful for added map drops, but that's become unnecessary, leaving mostly downsides. Some people now run with a dedicated support character, but you generally don't see full groups any more outside of leveling or people paying for boss kills.

Top Bottom