• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

MaxiLive

What's the deal with "Pro Jobs"?

The description implies that if you fail any part of a multi day heist you have to start over but I've primarily seen it attached to 1 day heists.

I think it adds even more challenge to a heist. For example the Jewellery store will gain CCTV, more guards and metal detectors so it just adds an extra layer of difficulty that isn't based around enemy types.

BibiMaghoo

I have to say I am a little disappointed that some of the levels are reused under different names. That is not cool.

They have mixed things around, but in a game that is supposed to mix things around when playing the same level anyway, that is not really good enough.

Going to the same bank in Firestarter, and the same jewlery store in the Ukranian job is a bit cheap.

JambiBum

I have to say I am a little disappointed that some of the levels are reused under different names. That is not cool.

They have mixed things around, but in a game that is supposed to mix things around when playing the same level anyway, that is not really good enough.

Going to the same bank in Firestarter, and the same jewlery store in the Ukranian job is a bit cheap.

I actually don't mind this too much. The first time we did FS and UK we were surprised that they took place at the same locations but they also changed enough of it up that it didn't feel the same and that was what mattered. If every heist feels the same I have an issue, if each heist is it's own thing then I have no problem with them using the same locations.

I look like an Uruk-hai from LOTR...
1024x576.resizedimage

Noob question - do you get any added bonuses if you stealth a mission? or is it just easier?

From what i've seen online, you don't seem to get a stealth bonus, but I have seen a bonus based on skill or something like that. It could be based on that.

However doing it stealth definitetly makesit a lot easier.

BibiMaghoo

I actually don't mind this too much. The first time we did FS and UK we were surprised that they took place at the same locations but they also changed enough of it up that it didn't feel the same and that was what mattered. If every heist feels the same I have an issue, if each heist is it's own thing then I have no problem with them using the same locations.

Well the bank has some nice touches, but for me the UK job seemed almost exactly the same, they changed a few things, but the way it is played it essentially the same as JS. I don't yet know if this occurs on any other levels, but I will be more disappointed if it does.

I guess the bank bothered me because the first 2 days are new levels, then for the finally they throw me back to that poor bank. There is another bank in the game, although I have yet to reach it.

Vormund

It's probably buried in this thread somewhere, but how do I get around to using c4? Is it in the skill tree somewhere?

Daigoro

now gamestop says no retailers get the game until Friday. lol they fucked this release up good.

this was a total impulse buy for me, and now I'm not sure I'm goin to bother picking the game up.

I feel like I've put too much energy into taking this thing down already. we'll see how I feel this weekend.

now gamestop says Friday. lol they fucked this release up good.

this was a total impulse buy for me, and now I'm not sure I'm goin to bother picking the game up.

I feel like I've put too much energy into taking this thing down already. we'll see how I feel this weekend.

Friday? Dammit. I heard either today or tomorrow.

I'm gonna know this game back to front before I actually get to play it.

Received an e-mail from Amazon this morning saying they wouldn't have the game until August 28th, WTF? That is for PS3, I'm sure the 360 version is the same for them. Canceled and downloaded it on PSN, it's not even worth the trouble getting a retail copy. How did they fuck up the console retail release this bad?

If you push to talk should you see an icon that you're broadcasting? Because I'm not getting any feedback on my microphone.

Also could I be added to the steamgroup? :D
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ap0ks

I don't believe so. I have the same issues but it works fine.
Also, it sucks that all console players are being screwed with this. It's a good game and I think this will heavily effect sales if its put off until after saints row, splinter cell and other big names are released.

U2NUMB

Received an e-mail from Amazon this morning saying they wouldn't have the game until August 28th, WTF? That is for PS3, I'm sure the 360 version is the same for them. Canceled and downloaded it on PSN, it's not even worth the trouble getting a retail copy. How did they fuck up the console retail release this bad?

What??? Is this for a US copy of the game? If so I will just cancel as my window to play this game is small with Saints, Splinter and Madden up on deck.

Yep... Payday 2 had NO major releases the week it came out and could have benefited from that, but now that people won't be able to find it till the end of the week or early next.... most will skip it for Splintercell or Saints Row.

LtOrange

So I am just starting out and with money so tight I was hoping someone could help me out. Which pistol would be best for stealth missions w/ a suppressor? I don't want to invest money in a crappy weapon if there are some favorites out there already.

Atruvius

Was in the Nightclub stage, got the money and we were making for the van and get a ctd. Then I tried to join multiple games failed to join. :( Maybe restarting Steam will fix it.

Edit. nope, now I couldn't even find any games.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I just got off the phone with customer service and they said they don't expect our copies to be shipped until Friday at the earliest. Screw it, I'm just going to download the PS3 version.

O.DOGG

Hit level 40. I really need to cut back on playing this game a little. I have other stuff I need to do and I'm spending 9 hours a day playing. So much fun though. Thanks GAF for getting me interested in this. Or thanks for nothing , either one :)

derFeef

One thing I wish would be that if an item is used, like a bag or a drill being fixed - that it would be locked out for other players to use. I have seen 3 players fixing one drill and such stuff.

Netprints

Really wished that MS offered day one download for the 360. I am hoping I get a call from best buy at least by Friday. I am glad people are enjoying it, can't wait to get paid.

hom3land

One thing I wish would be that if an item is used, like a bag or a drill being fixed - that it would be locked out for other players to use. I have seen 3 players fixing one drill and such stuff.

I am guilty of this.. And reminds me I need to ask

Do multiple people fixing drills or helping someone up make it go quicker? I'm assuming not by your comment.

Top Bottom