• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

derFeef

Certainly getting the wrong randoms, lol.
Only lvl7 but either get kicked because of to low or no one joins or people are just really not paying attention :/

Decided to respec out of Ghost. I just didn't feel like I was getting anything. Maybe really late on when full stealth would be commonplace. Any bank heist or scenario I do starts fine, but eventually the alarms are tripped and all I can do is shoot people. So I might as well have a purpose other than stealth.

O.DOGG

Man, is it just me, or Dominator doesn't quite work? I haven't managed to subdue a single guard, even though I aced it.

I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but damn, I was really hoping this looked a little better than the original Payday on PS3. I agree with everyone saying the textures look pretty abysmal on the PS3 version, it doesn't detract from the great core gameplay, but some of them are pretty jarring at times. But then again, maybe I'm jaded from playing so many great looking PC games lately.

That feel when you find a group of randoms that co-operate even when things go sideways and when 1 person doesn't even have a mic. SO GOOD

I can't get enough of the audio in this game. The soundtrack is great, and the gun sound mixing is intense. When it's finally time to make that rush from close quarters into the street for the getaway vehicle it sounds like running out into hell.

Getting all the money then realizing your team is out of ammo is the worst feeling

It's a tricky thing to balance. Hard to convince your team they have to go now not stay and loot deposit boxes.

Did my first full stealth bank heist, pro job overkill. Pity we didn't have a friggin' saw! Only got out with like 250k. Could have had it all :-( This was with a team of randoms with no mic comms.

Can anyone who is playing on PS3 join a goddam game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMgTrUiYPAU <-- this is all I get now. NAT Type 2

I got that a lot on Tuesday. Then Wednesday morning CrimeNet was running really smoothly to the point where I actually got in a lobby and played with the same people for like 4 or 5 hours. Directly after that session ended though, I was right back to the nightmare of not being able to join any heists, and getting caught in long loading loops or "waiting for server" screens, and disconnecting from the host.

O.DOGG

I've been getting this inconsistent framerate with this game. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's moving in slow motion. What the hell is wrong with this game?

This game is fantastic. I had an awesome night playing with a bunch of Randoms that didn't rage quit when things got messed up, and were generally just playing for fun. I think we played for 6 hours straight.

We did one match on the last stage of Big Oil that lasted 30 minutes, and we failed at the helicopter. It was still a lot of fun!

I'd love to be added to the group:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970669971

I have a question. Regarding your safehouse, what determines how much money appears inside your vault(not the off shore balance)? I have over 170,000 and it's still that one pile.

I have a question. Regarding your safehouse, what determines how much money appears inside your vault(not the off shore balance)? I have over 170,000 and it's still that one pile.

That's your on-hand spendable cash I believe. I have about $500k and it covers most of the table 1 stack deep.

Finally got some people in my lobby tonight on PS3 and had some good games, although a 10 year old that came in and was screaming/raging right away soured it somewhat lol. That didn't last long though.

BeBen

Banned
Please someone try to explain to me how people can level up to 30+ and still not understand the concept of assaults or this game in general

The amount of pub teams trying to leave the fucking bank vault during an assault is too damn fucking high...

Why do people waste all their ammo shooting at cops not trying to get in?

Why do they always run off somewhere get downed and expect you to go help them?

I need to fix my sleep schedule and play with friends cause that shit is ridiculous

BibiMaghoo

Please someone try to explain to me how people can level up to 30+ and still not understand the concept of assaults or this game in general

The amount of pub teams trying to leave the fucking bank vault during an assault is too damn fucking high...

I need to fix my sleep schedule and play with friends cause that shit is ridiculous

1) Because to many people are grinding jewlery store, over, and over again
2) Because the vault is not a good place to defend. Shields will fuck you up.
3) Because they will be coming in, and will move towards you so long as its an assault
4) Because they are noobs

It's ok leaving during assaults as long as the map is big enough to take a detour. I don't know if the group AI is the same as in PD1 as I haven't played that much of PD2 but the spawn is kinda the same as in L4D meaning that if there's a lot of cops concentrated in one place the rest of the map is pratically empty.
Also (again I'm speaking from PD1 experience so this may not still be accurate) smoke grenades are a good way to determine where on the map the cops AI is focused. If you start getting a lot of smoke bombs that means that cops are redirecting towards where the smoke hit and they are going to break through soon.

So again it's ok to move during assaults as long as you got the AI under control, Diamond Heist (alarm on) got ridiculously easy because of that, you basically had to plan a route and run around the map in circles killing a few cops.

By all means, anyone join up with me. I'm streaming live right now, and every team I've been a part of has been massive assholes. When, I'm the leading accuracy and most kills, AND trying to be the lead on a stealth, while also being shit on, people need to do a bit of self-analization.

Join me on Steam, and let's get rich. Krappadizzle on Steam.

O.DOGG

For some reason Steam is not letting me invite people into groups. I get a weird "[object Object]" blank page. How do you guys do it?

BeBen

Banned
1) Because to many people are grinding jewlery store, over, and over again
2) Because the vault is not a good place to defend. Shields will fuck you up.
3) Because they will be coming in, and will move towards you so long as its an assault
4) Because they are noobs

lol? Shields will fuck you up? really?

How?

I fail to see how shields can cause you any problem in a defensible room like the vault, they get focused on one person and can be easily disposed of by someone else in the group simply walking up behind them

Also no they will not come in, not the ones hiding behind cars, there's no reason to waste ammo on them as long as you're in cover, it doesn't give any points or loot or anything, in fact if you're able to be shot by cops behind cars, you're doing it very wrong

Top Bottom