• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

finally got it on the psn. man, it's tough as hell to stealth a mission solo. if anyone with a ps3 wants to help me my tag is ddealer.

Tokubetsu

Mr. Smooth mask is great.
iI1VYnAChlqgi.jpg

demolitio

Please add demolitio2 if any of you need another good teammate that uses a mic. Been kicking ass with some randoms but me and one other dude had to do all the damn work and the host wasn't even cooperating.

Also, for those complaining about money really need to listen to some of the advice here and do missions that span multiple days where the payout is a lot bigger and if you're doing it online, play on harder difficulties. Even with one idiotic random and an A.I., me and the other guy managed to easily escape with all the loot on Overkill mode. You just have to be careful and not run out like Rambo because you take a lot less to die. As long as you stay in a controlled area where the enemies are funneled in, you'll be ok.

DoktorZaius

Neo Member
Tried for an hour to beat the mission where you sneak into the politicians house to steal data off his server.. Screw that mission. It seems if you can't stealth it, it's impossible. The circuit breakers are always in the worst spot 1 or 2 floors away and the endless spawning just wears you down.

Other then that awesome game.
Yeah, I played that with some people when I was ~lvl12 or so, and we definitely failed it. It looks fairly epic though, assuming you can stealth it. Really looking forward to giving it a more thorough try at some point.

Please add demolitio2 if any of you need another good teammate that uses a mic. Been kicking ass with some randoms but me and one other dude had to do all the damn work and the host wasn't even cooperating.
Added, and ditto to everyone else. Add DoktorZaius and let's do GAF mic runs at some point here.

demolitio

Yeah, I played that with some people when I was ~lvl12 or so, and we definitely failed it. It looks fairly epic though, assuming you can stealth it. Really looking forward to giving it a more thorough try at some point.

Added, and ditto to everyone else. Add DoktorZaius and let's do GAF mic runs at some point here.

Awesome. Just holler at me if you ever want to get a game going.

Card Boy

Banned
Thinking of just running Mastermind and Ghost as a Stealth character. I can't see Technician being useful, Enforcer is only good when the bullets start flying.

demolitio

Thinking of just running Mastermind and Ghost as a Stealth character. I can't see Technician being useful, Enforcer is only good when the bullets start flying.

Technician's sentry gun is useful for escapes or long drill-times but mainly for the shaped charges that you can use to breach doors or safes without all the waiting.

Enforcer I only picked up the ammo bag and the run faster with loot skills and that will be it.

I'm mainly going to do Ghost plus Technician I think.

I feel bad when I join other people's games in the GAF group. It's always awkward...If anyone wants to play and bonus points if you use a mic, don't be afraid to join my game. I'm under demolitio2 or -Demo-.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

That was my thinking, too. Forunately, I've got a mate who is gonna concentrate on the other two. Techs make drills quicker after all.

demolitio

I love pulling off the heists that get you like $250,000 spending cash with a bunch of random people that are decent. Those are the heists that basically buy my weapons...lol

Still wish there was more communication though.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If my calculations are correct, I should receive this in the post tomorrow. Any other 360 users here who fancy hammering some high security vaults...?

zkylon

zkylewd
I love pulling off the heists that get you like $250,000 spending cash with a bunch of random people that are decent. Those are the heists that basically buy my weapons...lol

Still wish there was more communication though.

yeah it's really weird they didn't add a simple message "wheel" like in l4d.

just the standard things like:
need health
need ammo
incoming here
fall back
hold position
follow me
etc

also it'd be nice to be able to tag cameras

Hixx

The saw is incredibly handy and that's in the Enforcer tree.

Tenck

Thing I need to do is pull off a stealth mission. Tried a couple times with some random dudes online. Never goes how I want it.

Card Boy

Banned
I might just leave Ghost to have these:

Ace Dead Presidents (extra cash for loot pickups)
1 tier of Chameleon (Civilians and enemies find you less suspicious)
1 tier of Cleaner (You deal additional damage against special enemies.)

When I'm filthy rich i will respec and swap Ace Dead Presidents for something else.

Tried for an hour to beat the mission where you sneak into the politicians house to steal data off his server.. Screw that mission. It seems if you can't stealth it, it's impossible. The circuit breakers are always in the worst spot 1 or 2 floors away and the endless spawning just wears you down.
Other then that awesome game.
Yeah, I tried that mission with the usual group of friends and we got absolutely slaughtered. Not only does it seem stupidly difficult to stealth, if you don't do it you'll never stand a chance against the crazy numbers of enemies thrown at you.

Jealous of the masks everyone seems to be getting, all I've got so far is a bunch of upgrades for weapons that I never use (but my friends do).

Card Boy

Banned
Just noticed this on the Steam news feed (i don't know why its there)

A message regarding community behaviour
Community Announcements - OVERKILL_Almir
Hello everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to show you a good example on how we at OVERKILL interact with the community.

Our ambition is always to meet you with respect. Me, together with the crew, work very hard to be consistent and give everyone a chance to speak as long as they use common sense and a civilized manner.

With the release of PAYDAY 2, a lot of new players have joined our community and a lot of discussions have come up. Sadly, some of the discussions made are very toxic and the arguments are cynical, on the verge to the extreme.

xyzevan said:
i was promised safehouse customization?
splinter cell lookin mofos?
a ton more heists? (half the heists are the same thing just you burn the money insted of take it IE firehouse or w.e its called)

i feel almost cheated, its a good game but it feels rushed and the heists all feel alike.

Hey xyzevan!

Thanks for the question.

First of all, I changed the subject of the thread to something more fitting than "So overkill lies?". Questioning our honesty is something I feel is too dramatic and doesn't add value to the discussion. It can also be perceived as hurtful - myself and the crew do our best to be as straight with you as possible. To get to work and have this on the front page isn't exactly the best way to start the day.

Secondly - what's going on in this thread? I am seeing PAYDAY veterans who've been with us from the start act like we've cheated them over?

How many times do I need to tell you that we are doing our best to provide you the best content we can? If you think something is missing, how many times have I kindly requested a civilized manner in the discussions?

If I go to the forums to interact with you and tell you information, bring you free content or what have you - and I'm met with this cynical type of arguments and second guessing of our intentions - how do you think I feel about coming here the next day?

And the veterans most of all - all the new members in this forum look to you on how to discuss about possible features and new content. How are they to behave if you act in such a way as you are doing?

You need to seriously reconsider the way you behave in our forums.

Now, to your questions.

- We will add safehouse customization. There are many things we would love to add, but we haven't had time yet. I'm sorry if you expected a ton of customization at release.

- The Cloakers or "splinter cell looking mofos" have been made. We made the difficult decision of cutting them for release because they simply weren't performing their duty as a baton weilding menace. Does this mean we will sell them later as a 10$ DLC? No, it of course does not. We will add them as soon as we are comfortable with the quality, as we have with anything we've made. I hope that this time, you trust us to deliver, as we have many times before.

- Half the heists are not the same, that is an extreme exaggeration.

I'm sorry to hear that you "almost" feel cheated. We try to make the best game we can. We look forward to continue interacting with the community going forward, making sure we make content that you and we want to see in the game.

The philosopher Kant said something I think is pretty cool regarding the Categorical imperative.

He said: "Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

For me this means that, if you want there to be a great community atmosphere, it has to start with you.

Thanks for the questions and for the shocking wake-up call. If I don't continue with a rapid response in case anyone wishes to comment my post, this is not because I'm trying to be rude. I'm simply very busy right now as there are still many people that are unable to play the game, and that has to be a priority.

Almir
OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surrpised this game has no market support for masks and stuff. Didn't Valve help with this a little bit, or am I thinking of another game?

Thing I need to do is pull off a stealth mission. Tried a couple times with some random dudes online. Never goes how I want it.

I think it'll get easier with randoms as time goes on and people start 'learning' what to do (players using camera feeds properly, tagging guards, etc). I've done a few stealth heists with complete randoms with no communication, just players who know and understand what to do.

The problem is it just takes one idiot to get overexcited and ruin it. But still, I think it'll get easier once the community has more experience.

Tenck

I think it'll get easier with randoms as time goes on and people start 'learning' what to do (players using camera feeds properly, tagging guards, etc). I've done a few stealth heists with complete randoms with no communication, just players who know and understand what to do.

The problem is it just takes one idiot to get overexcited and ruin it. But still, I think it'll get easier once the community has more experience.

Yeah the casual dude who gets excited trying to do everything perfect then cost us the stealth heist :|

I noticed today how ridiculously easy some of the jewelry stuff is. Did a heist in like a minute, and that's because some guys were explaining to me what to grab and what to do.

Tenck

Got an Alienware mask, and I game on an Alienware PC. Was a nice surprise to find that in the game.

Also, working with random people online who use their mic and we pull off some overkill heists, feels good.

MAX PAYMENT

Where's all the content?

I'm level 23 and I only have access to around 3 missions that weren't in the beta. Please tell me more unlock in the future.

mug

It's hard to find a game with a good crew that isn't judging my low rank of 8. I keep getting booted right from the fucking lobby.

Dinosur

Would like a group invite whenever someone is nice enough to get around to adding everyone: http://steamcommunity.com/id/forensick

Played for a couple hours last night with randoms. I'm pretty sure I understand everything once the masks go on, but would love to mess around with friends and learn some casing techniques. Every random I played with would just walk through the front door and immediately press G.

I also have probably the dumbest question ever, but I haven't seen it answered anywhere. Is there a place to actually change your class before the mission or is it just dependent on what special item you equip in the loadout? I obviously already put the initial skill points into each class.

Where's all the content?

I'm level 23 and I only have access to around 3 missions that weren't in the beta. Please tell me more unlock in the future.

Saw a level 34 game yesterday where the guy had to choose between around 18 missions. It was crazy. You should have heard the shock in his voice when they all popped up!

I also watched a group spend 15 minutes trying to work out how to upgrade their safehouse. I guess according to that post above they can't do it. I had a feeling it was promised though, very disappointing. It would have been nice if they'd told people.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I also have probably the dumbest question ever, but I haven't seen it answered anywhere. Is there a place to actually change your class before the mission or is it just dependent on what special item you equip in the loadout? I obviously already put the initial skill points into each class.

As I understand it, you put together your own character by picking perks from whichever class you want, rather than picking one actual class per mission. So you can either have a few MM perks and a couple of Enforcer perks, or put all your points into one specific class; whatever suits your playstyle.

Did that make sense? XD

It's hard to find a game with a good crew that isn't judging my low rank of 8. I keep getting booted right from the fucking lobby.

This is worrying. I get kicked from L4D2 all the time for no reason I can work out (I'm not shit at the game by any means). Very frustrating.

FACE

Banned
Would feel better if you were with a crew that knows what it's doing, pulling off a stealth heist is an awesome feeling

Indeed. Yesterday me and a few friends pulled off a stealth bank heist and it was the most fun I've had with an online shooter in a long time.

What's the deal with "Pro Jobs"?

The description implies that if you fail any part of a multi day heist you have to start over but I've primarily seen it attached to 1 day heists.

Tenck

What's the deal with "Pro Jobs"?

The description implies that if you fail any part of a multi day heist you have to start over but I've primarily seen it attached to 1 day heists.

I'm sure those are the ones that if you fail once, you're done with the heist. No retries.

I've seen a bunch of 3 day heists that were pro. No way am I touching that.

PS3 version incoming today. My PSN friends list is dang near full of VitaGaffers, but by all means, do not hesitate to send me an invite or meassge.

PSN: BaronVonBeans

Should be putting some good time in to this tonight.

Top Bottom