• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

You are thinking about the cancelled inXile/Codemasters game.

That game and this are completely different games.

Ah, thanks! I knew this game seemed familiar.

I rememeber Hei$t was taking place in the '70's, but it was suppose to focus on the build-up and execution of the plan, much like this game talks about.

Been great so far apart from some asshole last night....we were on a gold mission for watch dogs and had basically offloaded 8 bags of coke and were running for the chopper...big payday....the host kicked me and another guy about 10 metres from the exit so we got nothing after about 30 mins work....only experience so far that's been negative the rest has been pretty good

they also have appeared to fixed the save game bug where u lose all your shit if the game crashes

hopefully the game ships out tomorrow to most locations. couldn't find the game anywhere in downtown Toronto. I have to get the 360 version, no one I know is getting the game on PS3 and my computer sucks for gaming (I can barely run counter strike source).

Karak

Having only played with AI since i got it today i can safely say the AI is complete rubbish. Like a child could play better. Oddly enough the enemy AI is superb compared to your partner AI which is pretty mind blowing.

Which is still to say the enemy AI is atrocious:) I sort of split it up into sections in my review to cover the big difference between playing with bots or a team. Sadly your still stuck with NPC AI.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played the easiest heist i could find... got killed. =/

BlindRage

Just called my local GameStop and was told it would be in tomorrow

Where you at?

My gamestop is telling me that they don't get shipments until sometime in the afternoon so if they do get it tomorrow, it'll be later.

Nothing official, and the other gamestops are telling me friday. lol

Where you at?

My gamestop is telling me that they don't get shipments until sometime in the afternoon so if they do get it tomorrow, it'll be later.

Nothing official, and the other gamestops are telling me friday. lol

Turlock, CA. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they actually did get them or not.

styl3s

Which is still to say the enemy AI is atrocious:) I sort of split it up into sections in my review to cover the big difference between playing with bots or a team. Sadly your still stuck with NPC AI.
I don't deny the enemy AI is atrocious, but their teamwork for the most part is superior to my team AI.

Enemy AI will form up and rush in, my AI? Stands around holding their dicks.

BlindRage

Tried to check target around my area and they hung up on me lol.

Best buy just has no idea what they are talking about either, figures.

JakeD

I'm JakeD22 in the group, feel free to add me.

Anyone have any strategies for stealth play? Is the main goal to get the employees on the ground before they hit the alarm? Seems almost impossible with the guards being so suspicious and quick to start shooting.

I wish there was a non lethal meleee for civilians, and I wish you were able to do more things without your mask on.

Holy shit... the bank heist, one of the options for it is just "oops, no gold here for you guys. Check the 100 or so safety deposit boxes that take 30seconds to open." Brutal

Those pro versions of heists are real fun. Just got done with one with some GAFers and it was quite awesome. The payout was big and the difficulty was right up there but we pulled through due to some awesome teamwork.

Game is so much fun, so much more variety than the original.

Though if you plan on playing this single player, don't bother.

+1

Not really feeling the game so far. Played about 3 hours with randoms(all nice people with Mics) but something about this game feels very bland. Feels like a free Source Mod.

Basically walk into a building, wait, then shoot guys for 15 mins and run to a point :/

Robbing a bank should feel exhilarating. Maybe this would have been better with good AI or multiplayer Cops vs Robbers.

Playing with people who don't know what they are doing sure. Stealth is actually important to getting often bigger rewards. Going in guns blazing just makes things boring and at times tougher while getting lesser rewards.

Karak

I don't deny the enemy AI is atrocious, but their teamwork for the most part is superior to my team AI.

Enemy AI will form up and rush in, my AI? Stands around holding their dicks.

Oh I actually agree. I was just saying they are all pretty poor.

HamSandwich

Game has some N64 quality textures on PSN.

also, does anyone know if the Underdog skill for the Enforcer tree is a damage buff regularly, or is it only when you are downed?

I don't know if anyone else is having as hard a time as I am getting into random games on PSN but gotdamn. Then you're lucky if the game doesn't loop in a loading screen, die during "waiting for server" messages, or lock up at the beginning of a round or when someone is joining.

Overkill, fix it so I can steal stuff pls

RetroMG

Can anyone point me at any deals for this? Got a friend who is interested but only if he can pick it up at a discount.

theRizzle

Holy shit... the bank heist, one of the options for it is just "oops, no gold here for you guys. Check the 100 or so safety deposit boxes that take 30seconds to open." Brutal

There is potential for WAY more money from boxes though. Especially once you tech up and get the saw that opens them in an instant.

Played the easiest heist i could find... got killed. =/

Don't know if you played much of the first game but even on normal you are looking at less than a 50% success rate for the "easiest" heists. (Some of them on Overkill in Payday 1 has less than 15% success.) Lower than that now because for the most part nobody has any idea what they are doing... especially on consoles where there was no beta access.

An-Det

Played a few hours tonight with some friends. Some of the variations I saw for the first tonight (like the giant boat spewing swat at dock 8 on Watchdogs day 2) were a welcome surprise from the beta, plus the various tiny improvements they've added since the second reset during the beta.

Loving it so far. Working tomorrow is going to be uncharacteristically awesome with the soundtrack blasting in my ears.

rrs

Don't know if you played much of the first game but even on normal you are looking at less than a 50% success rate for the "easiest" heists. (Some of them on Overkill in Payday 1 has less than 15% success.) Lower than that now because for the most part nobody has any idea what they are doing... especially on consoles where there was no beta access.

The only raid I failed was that one with the paintings, had plenty of close calls though. Also got a cool Cthulhu mask.

Card Boy

Banned
No masks that I see that I can buy.

You have to buy ''The Skull''' mask and you can customisive it with lootbag items. There is a scope you can get for your rifle.

Look at the attachment descriptions on the right hand side.

edit: i did the safehouse mission where i got extra money for ''supporting Overkill"

hom3land

Tried for an hour to beat the mission where you sneak into the politicians house to steal data off his server.. Screw that mission. It seems if you can't stealth it, it's impossible. The circuit breakers are always in the worst spot 1 or 2 floors away and the endless spawning just wears you down.

Other then that awesome game.

Hah, on the PC I got into a game with 3 people. two of which said the third was a creator of the game, all three of them's steam accounts were USA bound.. :Y Game ended up disconnecting right after all three of them set the metal detectors off on the Jewelry heist.. XD

Top Bottom