• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

lol? Shields will fuck you up? really?

How?

I fail to see how shields can cause you any problem in a defensible room like the vault, they get focused on one person and can be easily disposed of by someone else in the group simply walking up behind them

Also no they will not come in, not the ones hiding behind cars, there's no reason to waste ammo on them as long as you're in cover, it doesn't give any points or loot or anything, in fact if you're able to be shot by cops behind cars, you're doing it very wrong

Shields can easily block the entrance to a vault and stand there shooting you with their SMG while you physically can't get behind them without running and getting your ass kicked by it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Pretty interesting that Electric Center is common on consoles, considering they changed it into an infamous item on PC during the beta.

Disc content was probably Gold before they made that change, I expect there to be a patch some time after people have it in their hands to play for a while and find console-specific glitches.

Ephemeris

Shields can easily block the entrance to a vault and stand there shooting you with their SMG while you physically can't get behind them without running and getting your ass kicked by it.

ran into this yesterday myself

Forced myself to run out in the open to shoot their shoulder. lol

They are fine to deal with normally so long as you have a team mate, they are dumb enough to focus a teammate in cover for a few seconds allowing you to flank. It's just when you are all holed up somewhere with no way to flank them that they can become dangerous.

My brother just called (Philadelphia area) and said he picked up his preordered 360 copy from Gamestop a few minutes ago.

So seems like they might have it finally. My GS isn't picking up the phone so I don't know what's up with my copy yet.

NotLiquid

Friend of mine managed to make a crazy compelling case for me to buy this game, so I caved in. This game is so Swedish it hurts, I like it.

Any advice for a Payday newcomer I should take to account?

BlindRage

My brother just called (Philadelphia area) and said he picked up his preordered 360 copy from Gamestop a few minutes ago.

So seems like they might have it finally. My GS isn't picking up the phone so I don't know what's up with my copy yet.
Damn, hoping they give some copies to Maryland stores. Called one and they said it wasn't in the shipment like it should, and the rest haven't got theirs.

Reading a best buy in Georgia has one and gamestops in Kentucky.

Also saw people that pre-ordered on shopto (uk I presume?) getting it today

Of course all the other Gamestops in the area EXCEPT mine got their pre-order allotment this morning.

Never before have I felt this level of console peasantry :(

Friend of mine managed to make a crazy compelling case for me to buy this game, so I caved in. This game is so Swedish it hurts, I like it.

Any advice for a Payday newcomer I should take to account?

All the voice acting when you answer pagers is so Scandinavian and you can tell its just them creating complete random shit. I bet that was a fun day in VO. As for tips, just enjoy the game. You will play the same missions quite a bit so don't get too bothered if you don't get a perfect run, or even close to it. It takes time and skill, and it also takes levels in many cases to do missions effectively silently. Try and find a good team of 4 and stick with them.

Nightclub and Tiara Heist with somebody who can plant C4 is total EXP and $ grind.

We played 4 hours now straight. Only to do those jobs. And got from lv 18-49.

Is the wiki right about the amount of Jobs? Because the Level list from a few days ago was much bigger.

psycrage

Neo Member
I feel like leveling in this game is too fast. I'm level 15 and I feel like I don't have all that much of a grasp of whats going on most of the time.
Although to be fair, I've played pub games, and someone usually masks up almost immediatly =(

I'm going up the enforcer tree. Question about camera's: Can I disable those or would that be in another tree? If I CAN disable them, is that a mask-on activity?

Also I've only gotten 2 weapon mods for weapons I don't want, and tons of mask designs. I want a new mask! Should intergrate with the steam marketplace to swap for things.

I feel like leveling in this game is too fast. I'm level 15 and I feel like I don't have all that much of a grasp of whats going on most of the time.
Although to be fair, I've played pub games, and someone usually masks up almost immediatly =(

I'm going up the enforcer tree. Question about camera's: Can I disable those or would that be in another tree? If I CAN disable them, is that a mask-on activity?

Also I've only gotten 2 weapon mods for weapons I don't want, and tons of mask designs. I want a new mask! Should intergrate with the steam marketplace to swap for things.

You have to get to 100. It slows down quite a bit once you reach about 45. It takes several heists or a long 3 day contract to level up. Early on it gives you levels thick and fast to get your character off the ground.

BlindRage

No console copies in my area, yay.

JK called one like 10 miles away and they got their copies. Dude is holding mine until I get off work today. Thank the lord

MedIC86

Ehm anyone else has serious crashing problems on PC? when i play online the game crashes a lot, and on random moments. Its unplayable for me atm.

What i've tried:
- Disabling steam overlay

All drivers etc are up-to-date, i have currently like 30 games installed and only this one is giving me problems. What gives..

U2NUMB

Pre ordered at Best Buy.. they still have no clue on when they will come in. Gamestops got their copies but of course have no extras. Such a frustrating week.

Raptomex

So I finally got around to playing this last night before bed. Did about 3 offline heists/missions. I love the improvements, especially the combat. The friendly AI is still dumb as shit. There's no reason why they couldn't improve that. I'll try some online this weekend.

got my 360 copy and played a couple heists with my brother and some randoms and am really enjoying it.

Sorry that I had to decline ur invite Meat, was hoping u had 2 slots open for me and my bro. I'll hit you up another time.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
got my 360 copy and played a couple heists with my brother and some randoms and am really enjoying it.

Sorry that I had to decline ur invite Meat, was hoping u had 2 slots open for me and my bro. I'll hit you up another time.

Not at all, it was my bad, I didn't read your message properly and just invited you straight away. XD

Gimmie a shout whenever. I think I'll be on this all the way up to GTA V.

I have finally acquired my 360 copy (Thanks Walmart for actually having it in stock!).

I'm looking for people to play with to enjoy the co-op experience and my gamertag is the same as my username (rangersfan414), so add me if you need people to play with too!

I'm lookin forward to playin with some of you guys.

U2NUMB

Was told by my Best Buy that I wont get it till Monday.. my gamestops had a couple but not even enough to cover their pre orders.

Gonna have to just cancel with Saints coming on Tuesday my window to play is shot :(

I need some help deciding on an assault rifle, I'm using the Locomotive 12g as my secondary and I'm using the Enforcer class, I want one with low recoil, and decent damage, from what I've used the AK5 seems to be the best but I want other peoples opinions.

I need some help deciding on an assault rifle, I'm using the Locomotive 12g as my secondary and I'm using the Enforcer class, I want one with low recoil, and decent damage, from what I've used the AK5 seems to be the best but I want other peoples opinions.

I love the AK, i have it pretty pimped out at this stage and it is a good mix of power and ammo. That being said I've recently been using the AK.762 which has less ammo and more recoil, but the damage is sick. The usually troublesome yellow-suited swat guys go down relatively fast with effective aim. I haven't tried the AK5, I'll probably look into it next time I play.

So I went to EBGames here in Canada for an update. This is crazy.

My copy will be in tomorrow for sure because I preordered. Whatever they sell tomorrow is all they're getting for 3 WEEKS! If i'd preordered the special edition I wouldnt be getting it until next week.

Jesus.

That was all based on a conference call they had earlier today.

Afro

I realize people will always find a way to grind XP/money in games, but the
jewelry store C4
exploit that gives ~$70,000 every 45 seconds has successfully made the economy pointless.

You got your copy?

Dammit, still waiting on mine.

Yea GameStop came thru with mine

I have finally acquired my 360 copy (Thanks Walmart for actually having it in stock!).

I'm looking for people to play with to enjoy the co-op experience and my gamertag is the same as my username (rangersfan414), so add me if you need people to play with too!

I'm lookin forward to playin with some of you guys.

I sent u a friend req

I realize people will always find a way to grind XP/money in games, but the
jewelry store C4
exploit that gives ~$70,000 every 45 seconds has successfully made the economy pointless.

Well. I wouldn't call it an exploit, and you are talking about the Ukrainian Job. It works on Nightclub as well, you can get in blow through it and get out at around 4 minutes and get like $150k I think.

Guys I was with last night was meleeing them and they went flying...inside the vault is ok as long as you are specced for it...had no issues with sheilds/tazers or dozers as our ak47s were pretty much on constant fire out the door while 1 was sawing and bagging

EekTheKat

Uh oh lol, I've been running Ukrainian Job solo stealth because it's easier than most of the other missions to do so. Sneak in, don't fire a shot. Takes me about 10 minutes per run.

It's good practice too to work out which skills complement a stealth build.

Almost level 40 on PS3, started off Enforcer but switched to a more stealth oriented style. Game is much more interesting played as a puzzle instead of a straight up shooter.

Top Bottom