• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Daigoro

I had no problem joining games on the 360 earlier.. Only problem is my level is so low they kick me out :(

thats annoying, especially since the game just came out today for a lot of people. still waiting on my gamestop to "go through their shipment and check" to see if it arrived today. so fucking annoying...

Kingpen

Is this worth playing solo on console?

Just looking for confirmation that I am right in cancelling my preorder since it sounds like 1 player is not that fun in this game.

I dont intend in going online with this but I love the premiss of this game and love movies like heat and the town

Just looking for confirmation that I am right in cancelling my preorder since it sounds like 1 player is not that fun in this game.

I dont intend in going online with this but I love the premiss of this game and love movies like heat and the town

AI is poop, but i'm gonna solo it for a while to get the hang of things and level up a little. By that time (hopefully) my friends will have a copy and i'll jump in with them. Or joina GAF group if i'm welcome.

bitoriginal

This game is impossible to find at retail in my local town (UK). Seriously pissed off that I left work early to go on a wild goose chase.

web01

There are files in the game for a lot more heists that match up with the pre-release list.
Apparently the game was released early and the devs are working on updating the game to include the rest, I couldn't find the dev quote but multiple people seem to be saying this.

is this working on PS3 at all? I just got it and I can't join a game because they are just all immediately full.

Is there some kind of matchmaking that will just throw you into a game?

its really annoying trying to move the cursor over the games before they disappear (most of them are gone within a second or two)

It works...maybe like 10% of the time. I call bullshit on them all being filled up all the time, especially when multiple people are saying they have the same issue when trying to join a lobby.

I've had two occasions in the last few days I've been playing where my lobby has filled up with players, but that is all. They really need to fix this, the matchmaking as it is on PS3 right now is nearly broken. Because it IS a CO-OP game and it's actually nice to have human players to play with, seeing as how the AI is so completely inept.

Is it me or does the game looks worse than the original Payday on the PS3?

No, it's not just you, I thought the same thing as soon as I started playing. Some maps are worse looking than others though it seems.

No, just skip this if you just intend on playing solo.

Friendly A.I is pretty awful and I doubt some of the higher level missions are even doable with just the A.I. This game is only great when playing with others.

Amneisac

No, just skip this if you just intend on playing solo.

Friendly A.I is pretty awful and I doubt some of the higher level missions are even doable with just the A.I. This game is only great when playing with others.

Yeah, I mean playing solo definitely sucks, but even just playing with 3 people and having 1 AI teammate can be really obnoxious. The AI is absolutely terrible.

DocSeuss

Wasn't there either heists mentioned like Bring Me The Head Of Armando Garcia, War Is Fantastic, etc? What happened to them? Future DLC?

Here's the list: http://www.fpsguru.com/game/373/article/3597/Payday-2-Heists-Possibly-Leaked.html

EDIT: Also seems weird that the day counter goes up to seven when the longest mission is four days (might be three days, can't recall correctly)

That is kinda weird. Maybe they're all in the 5 planned DLCs.

Last night I realized Jewelry Store on Overkill takes 40-45s if you grab all bags from the store, and it doesn't set off any alarms/cops either.

"We know" I hear you saying, but last night we did three times without a problem, so then it became perfectly clear to me that it works :)

It's about 25 seconds on normal too.

Here are my PC centric suggestions i came up with and i hope to see them in game.

• Add the Splinter Cell mofos
  • Add Safehouse customization
  • Game needs a Anti-Alising option
  • FOV slider needs to display the degree of FOV
  • Game should have the video colour gradients from Payday 1 (eg. Dinero, Payday+, Bhd)
  • Need the ability to draw on maps in the planning phase to plan heists in more detail
  • Need to ability to manually select difficulty and heist like from Payday 1 instead of having to wait for the right job to show up in Crime.net
  • I would love a survival (Horde) mode aswell as a Versus mode.
  • Lootbag items shouldn't be sellable and the mask shouldn't take a mask slot
  • Steam overlay needs to be fixed
  • Owners of Payday 1 should get a special mask.
  • Career Criminal Edition owners should get more, its basically a soundtrack and PDF at this stage
  • Allow team members to buy assets but have to be approved by the game leader
  • Game should have challenges like from Payday 1 that give out rewards. Maybe add daily, weekly, month challenges aswell.
  • Would be cool if the game had a optional Halo 'Skull' system where you add modifiers to make the game even difficult or for mixing heists up.
  • There should be a full stealth/no alert bonus for Heist
  • Game needs a chat wheel to do simple voice commands like L4D but Payday style (eg. 'Move', 'go', 'pick up x item', 'move quietly', 'guard', 'camera' etc)
  • Trading masks and items would be cool
  • Split screen multiplayer on 1 computer.
  • LAN support

I'd love a TF2-style trading/drop system. Would hate having a Versus mode. Absolutely agree with the full stealth/no alert bonus. Having a mutator system would be great. I miss challenges, so I'd kill to have those back.

Would prefer more complex missions. That's the big thing I want.

BlindRage

Man, finding this is my area is crazy. Trying to find a copy for a friend and all the stores telling me they got let than their preorders

505 fucked this up.

Will be on after work though... If my 360 Brothers would like to get any games going

Daigoro

wow my local gamestop didn't even get all of their pre orders. I went to go pick mine up and the guy almost didn't give it to me because I didn't answer the phone when they called to let me know it was in. wtf.

anyways, this game looks like fucking ass on 360! holy shit. the first game did not look this bad on ps3.

and the tearing is out of control bad here.

first impressions are not good.

wow my local gamestop didn't even get all of their pre orders. I went to go pick mine up and the guy almost didn't give it to me because I didn't answer the phone when they called to let me know it was in. wtf.

anyways, this game looks like fucking ass on 360! holy shit. the first game did not look this bad on ps3.

and the tearing is out of control bad here.

first impressions are not good.

Oh great. Finally picked up my copy and I'm now hearing it looks terrible :(

Anyone in Canada know if tis came out yet? I've checked out like 5 places and none of them have it

Edit: just talked to a guy at eb games, he said the release got delayed across Canada till Tuesday. Wtf?

kassatsu

Banned
PS3 version still fucking busted and no word from Overkill yet.

Over sell, under deliver.

Also as other have mentioned, there are some straight up PS1 looking textures in this game (on PS3 at least) I am like 99% sure Payday 1 looked better.

I'd love to see a 'overkillierer' mode in this game. It's kind of easy unless someone on your team does something stupid like run into the middle of the street.

Also, a mode with player collision and friendly fire on would be killer.

I'd love to see a 'overkillierer' mode in this game. It's kind of easy unless someone on your team does something stupid like run into the middle of the street.

Yeah they'll probably be adding another level of difficulty like they did in PD1 with Overkill 145+.
Nonetheless, I think Overkill should be harder. Most of the maps are doable in OK without that big of a challenge, I've done several OK runs with randoms quite easily so I can't imagine what it's like with an organized team. I know that cloakers will be added but I don't think it will have a big impact unless they're nothing like what we had in PD1.

Okay, finally got my CE copy from Gamestop. For the extra $20 I cannot complain at all. The mask smells like your typical nasty Halloween shop vinyl though.

Beyond disappointed in the ps3 version. Online straight up doesn't work, enemy ai is laughable, and I waited almost a week for it. I know what's gonna pay off my gta5 preorder. LAME

Pinbot

Banned
Liking it a lot but have a few problems.

Host connection lost near the end of a game = no XP, instafail.

Would have REALLY liked a manual, as pretty clueless as a new player. I understand they are being cheap and conserving the environment, but FFS I have no idea what I am doing.

Otherwise, great. And not much lag as an Aussie joining US and UK games.

U2NUMB

I just do not understand my dumb luck.. Walmart, Target and Gamestop all got copies in by now in my area. Best Buy? nope... which is of course where I pre paid for it. And of course by the time I find out my BB wont get it today the other stores are sold out. Friends all playing now which is just fantastic while I sit here wishing I could play.

Wow ps3 version is fucking broken. I've been trying to join a game for the past 20 minutes without success. This shit is borderline infuriating. All the matches say 3 persons or less. I can't possibly be that unlucky with someone sniping my place all the god damn time for that long.

Fuck this shit. They better patch it up quick.

Afro

wish they would allow me to do a quick run of that modern-mansion-at-sunset heist without having to commit to a 2 hour session.

i find myself replaying the same maps over and over just 'cause i don't feel like running a 3 day. it sucks b/c that mansion one is my favorite by far.

FrsDvl

Damn this game looks like good fun.. Wish I could afford it right now. Definitely getting it rather sooner than later though. Never played the first game.

beanman25

I'm really bad at this game. :(

Tried doing the lowest difficulty jewelry store with AI and failed miserably each time. Don't know how I'm supposed to get 3 bags to the van without dying from the police!

It's really fun though. I lasted 20 minutes defending myself from snipers and such. haha

Willectro

Banned
Game looks pretty decent, matchmaking / creating a party couldn't be any worse.

Edit: fuck this game, trying to play with friends has been a nightmare.

During the four stores mission, one of the guys seriously just leaned against the wall the entire time. I really want to like this game but my god, I'm regretting my purchase so far.

Seems patch #2 has been reverted. lol

Edit: I've been saying it since the beta, but I don't know why there's even an option for offline Crime.Net, considering the state of the friendly AI. Seems like a lot of people are playing it with the intention of getting a good singleplayer experience, and that's simply not the case in these kinds of games by default (L4D isn't fun in singleplayer either, IMO). The poor friendly AI in this game makes it even worse.

Arulan

I've been playing this since the the beta launched with a few friends. So far I've really enjoyed it, there are few games that properly execute co-op.

The difficulty I believe is one of its biggest problems at the moment, Overkill simply isn't challenging. The first game's Overkill was much more difficult than it is in the sequel. This may be due to the fact that shock troops aren't nearly as threatening, and snipers only serve to trickle you down. The lack of "Sam Fishers" doesn't help either. Being able to rush maps such as "Ukrainian Job" on Overkill in less than 35s is ridiculous.

Overall I feel the game is an improvement over the original, most importantly with regards to the mechanics and gun play, however difficulty isn't one of the improvements.

Maybe I just need to find the right people to play with. Every time I go to enter a room it says full.

CrimeNet is busted, on PS3 anyway. That's why I've been flinging out friend requests left and right if I find good peoples. Can't bother looking for randoms if the game will only let me join 1/20 times. Then the possibility that you might be kicked for whatever reason.

Top Bottom