• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

HoosTrax

I don't know how i blew up the meth lab, i didnt know you could. Some guy was pissed at me. Felt like saying some smart ass comment like he didn't explain it or that he skipped all the briefings.
Well at least you got an achievement out of it, right ;)?

I try to play through every mission offline and read the wiki / steam hub walkthroughs first, just to have a general idea of what I'm supposed to be doing, so I don't end up pissing off my teammates too badly.

---

Also, I'm getting kind of annoyed at the whole respec cost thing. I almost wish I could have two player profiles or something, and be able to have a unified inventory for all of my characters. And also, Crime.net can diaf -- very definition of form over function.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I'm getting kind of annoyed at the whole respec cost thing. I almost wish I could have two player profiles or something, and be able to have a unified inventory for all of my characters. And also, Crime.net can diaf -- very definition of form over function.

Anyone know if Player Character details are saved on or off the computer? By which I mean, if it's the former would I be able to have a seperate save on the cloud drive thingy (360)...?

Oreoleo

There is one already. From the bottom up, at least.

On that note, am I the only that wishes we could set skill ceilings for lobbies? I don't want some level 70 guy with saws and dominator and c4 that doesn't know how to play the game because he spent the last week farming Ukrainian job joining my crew. It takes the fun out of things for me and my friends when we are trying to play the game legit and someone comes in and thinks they can stealth framing frames by sprinting around the mansion on day 3 because they can answer one extra pager. And then they don't listen to you because you are only level 30-something so what could I possibly know? Buncha idiots. I'd rather play with a random that's level 10 or 20 at least they are willing to learn the game still.

Darkwater

Level ceiling for hosts would be a good thing, yes.

A friend of mine is joining me in the game soon. He'll be level 0. I just wanna stealth stuff with him, can we do that just the 2 of us? I'm level 20.

Oreoleo

Level ceiling for hosts would be a good thing, yes.

A friend of mine is joining me in the game soon. He'll be level 0. I just wanna stealth stuff with him, can we do that just the 2 of us? I'm level 20.
You can set your game to private or friends only so no one else can join, sure.

def sim

I don't know how i blew up the meth lab, i didnt know you could. Some guy was pissed at me. Felt like saying some smart ass comment like he didn't explain it or that he skipped all the briefings.

I did that just to get the steam achievement, though yes, it's easy to miss the instructions with all the shooting and assault music playing.

But is it doable with a level 0 and a level 20?

If you have the right equipment, you can stealth some missions, sure.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
But is it doable with a level 0 and a level 20?

Depending on the mission it can be very hard for two people - but not impossible - to do a stealth run, especially without some key Mastermind perks (Dominator, Smooth Talker and maybe extra cable ties). If you are doing any of the Bank Heists, an EMP Jammer is also invaluable (cashiers, y'see?).

The most important thing of all doesn't come with the game or indeed many gamers: patience.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Finally got the saw, extremely disappointed. Didn't even realize it replaces your primary weapon, and it lasts so little time. How much longer do the blades last with the aced skill?

Been looking in stores for a week, no dice in trying to find a copy.
Went INTO the GameStop near me, and they had to order it online for me through their own website, in store. lol. That's how rare physical copies for Xbox360 are in my area.

I heard you'll be able to DL from XBL this Friday, but I really want the game on disk.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This game could have the stupidest co-op AI I've ever seen in a shooter. Jesus.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Numerous times when playing solo one of the AI randomly decides to post up on a wall and smoke a cigarette for the remainder of the heist.

My coming here to post was caused by exactly this, haha. Screwing around solo, turn a corner with a bag of jewellery on my way to extraction, only to face an army of armoured guards. Gunned down in no more than a second. Laying on the ground, turn to my left, and there's one of my crew standing up against a wall with his mask on having a smoke...in front of him the squadron of soldiers, each ignoring the other and both ignoring me.

O.DOGG

I can't find a group I can try stealthing with. Everyone seems to have the Enforcer tree all leveled up and plays the game like a cowboy. So far I've only managed to stealth the Jewelry store once with randoms, and that was it.

I can't find a group I can try stealthing with. Everyone seems to have the Enforcer tree all leveled up and plays the game like a cowboy. So far I've only managed to stealth the Jewelry store once with randoms, and that was it.

Good luck finding a group of randoms that want to try stealth runs.

It also seems to me that rather than focusing on co-op and helping each other, half the time people are out standing in the street trying to get as many kills as they can, completely disregarding their team. Then the other ones are inside trying to open/drill/move stuff getting shot to pieces while doing it. I've seen so many people go outside wasting ammo and try to Rambo cops only to go down in less than a second. Then it's "come revive me bro," as 10 swat guys stand around him.

Loxley

This game could have the stupidest co-op AI I've ever seen in a shooter. Jesus.

I wouldn't mind it so much if they were just programmed to restart drills or carry bags or something. But yeah, in their current state they're pretty much brain-dead bullet sponges. Makes pulling off most of the heists solo a pain in the ass :(

bs000

Finally got the saw, extremely disappointed. Didn't even realize it replaces your primary weapon, and it lasts so little time. How much longer do the blades last with the aced skill?

Aceing the portable saw skill just gives you one extra blade. The carbon blades cut faster and do more damage to locks so technically that makes them last longer. If you ace carbon blades and the ammo bag skill, ammo never really becomes a problem. Just be sure to bring a high capacity secondary. Tearing through all the lockboxes on bank heists is fun: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171392370

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Screwing around as he said in his following post. :)

I do wish they would have put some effort on the AI or given us command options for solo funsies.

Ah, right. "My eyes are dim. I cannot see." etc. :)

They never intended to have any AI at all, as far as I know. It was a last minute addition after the community requested it.

Been looking in stores for a week, no dice in trying to find a copy.
Went INTO the GameStop near me, and they had to order it online for me through their own website, in store. lol. That's how rare physical copies for Xbox360 are in my area.

I heard you'll be able to DL from XBL this Friday, but I really want the game on disk.

Same with me, my friends and I have been looking for the game for like 2 weeks now on 360 and absolutely no store has it whatsoever. I am wondering why the devs wanted the release to be so limited? I went to a Gamestop nearby and they said they only recieved like 5 copies, just enough for preorders.

I just want to play this game with my friends goddamnit

Cheddahz

Banned
I finally got a Steam copy of it, I didn't care much for the first one, but this one seems it is a lot better and I really like the gameplay footage I have seen of it

BibiMaghoo

Came across a level 100 player on Firestarter yesterday.

He asked everyone if they were cool with 'weird stuff' going on in the game.
I asked if he meant cheating, and he replies 'maybe. maybe not.'

I just left. It's fucking sad to see.

Nander

Same with me, my friends and I have been looking for the game for like 2 weeks now on 360 and absolutely no store has it whatsoever. I am wondering why the devs wanted the release to be so limited? I went to a Gamestop nearby and they said they only recieved like 5 copies, just enough for preorders.

I just want to play this game with my friends goddamnit

The problem is that the publisher for the game is 505 Games. They have no experience whatsoever with a release this big, and to be honest I don't think they expected the game to be as popular as it has proven to be. You see, their previous releases include such hits as "Grease: Dance", "Naughty Bear", "Sniper Elite", "MorphX" and "MiCoach"...

I wouldn't mind it so much if they were just programmed to restart drills or carry bags or something. But yeah, in their current state they're pretty much brain-dead bullet sponges. Makes pulling off most of the heists solo a pain in the ass :(

It would have been nice if they would have at least included the ability to point to a bag/drill or whatever and hit the action button to make an AI teammate interact with it and pick it up or restart it. Just something to make them more than brain dead bullet sponges.

Apparently the ps3 version has a patch out, but only for disc users.

How does a developer ship out a game without making sure the match-making feature works?

HoosTrax

It would have been nice if they would have at least included the ability to point to a bag/drill or whatever and hit the action button to make an AI teammate interact with it and pick it up or restart it. Just something to make them more than brain dead bullet sponges.
But...but...it's so much faster and easier just to copy and paste the cop AI onto the bot teammates and call it a day.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just got this and have never played before. Did pretty terrible on mission 1 which was a 1 star jewelry heist. My question is, it says I needed 3 bags, but when first walking in you can grab literally every piece of jewelry in the store, you then run out and throw it in the van and it only gives you 1 bag done. Now there's no jewels left. Then what?

Do you really have to be sure to only grab a few items at a time then do a drop and come back?

Oreoleo

Just got this and have never played before. Did pretty terrible on mission 1 which was a 1 star jewelry heist. My question is, it says I needed 3 bags, but when first walking in you can grab literally every piece of jewelry in the store, you then run out and throw it in the van and it only gives you 1 bag done. Now there's no jewels left. Then what?

Do you really have to be sure to only grab a few items at a time then do a drop and come back?

You must have missed something. You can bag up the watches and rings on the floor to take to the car, but can only hold one bag at a time. Things like the necklaces on the busts don't get bagged and are instead 'picked up' instantly but you don't have to drop them off at the van or anything.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Stupid question.

How do I setup a private game on console. Do I need to go through the safe house first?

Oreoleo

Stupid question.

How do I setup a private game on console. Do I need to go through the safe house first?

Nope. If it's the same as PC, from Crime.net set the filter to friends only and pick a mission to create a lobby. From there you can set the game options to public, friends only, or private.

EekTheKat

PS3 patch now up for the digital version (SCEA only, sorry Europe)

Yup, and it does work as advertised (PSN copy, patch 1.02 for connection issues - patch size was 2GB). I just hosted a pretty successful public lobby where we went 6 for 7.

Framing Frame done as well with a random group, but all of us had mics and talked it out. Got a little greedy on one mission and we were overrun.

Might do more open lobbies in the future, but might have to stop and tackle a few other games first before coming back.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Mastermind with a few points in Technician.

Firstly, nice avatar. :)

Secondly, how far up the MM tree did you go? I got to about Smoothtalker/Domination then stopped. I'm using all the useful ones from MM to augment my mainly Ghost build (although I have nabbed Pumping Iron and Transporter from Enforcer).

Yo Gaf, what kind of classes are you?

I just spent 1.8 million dollars to respec my mastermind/ghost build into c4 tech. It is by far the most effective way to play (and in fact can be considered game breaking). This is especially true when you run out of content by level 40 or so.

They really shouldn't have rushed to get this game out of the door. It has so many design problems.

O.DOGG

Firstly, nice avatar. :)

Secondly, how far up the MM tree did you go? I got to about Smoothtalker/Domination then stopped. I'm using all the useful ones from MM to augment my mainly Ghost build (although I have nabbed Pumping Iron and Transporter from Enforcer).

Thank you :)

I am all the way up to ace Inspire and the first level of Gun Messiah. I hit level 68 today. I want to take a few skills of the Enforcer and Ghost trees but that's still a ways off. I really like Mastermind by the way, though I wish they'd fix Inspire because it's buggy as hell and works about half of the times. Still, I find it indispensable when a hit goes south.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I just spent 1.8 million dollars to respec my mastermind/ghost build into c4 tech. It is by far the most effective way to play (and in fact can be considered game breaking). This is especially true when you run out of content by level 40 or so.

They really shouldn't have rushed to get this game out of the door. It has so many design problems.

From my time playing, Techs seem to be a valuable rarity. Those builds certainly save the time on a lot of levels. In combination with a good MM/Ghost build, you can slam through levels really quickly without firing a shot, la Professional style. :)

The thing about this game that you gotta remember, though, is it was made by something like a 30 man team; it's essentially an arcade title. They appear to be really good at listening to the community, so I'm sure they'll patch a lot of the fixable problems. Also, I'm pretty sure they had to get this game out before that other game built around bank heists hit. :)

I'm doing this build :
http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/sully2/

I'm not level 100 yet but that's what my build will look like by then, for now I've got all the Enforcer tree and a part of the MM tree covered. I got the most important stealth skills in this build but it's mostly a fecal-matter-meet-fan one (for reference I couldn't even stealth MGS2 on very easy D:).

That's a good build to have when those Bulldozers hit :)

Thank you :)

I am all the way up to ace Inspire and the first level of Gun Messiah. I hit level 68 today. I want to take a few skills of the Enforcer and Ghost trees but that's still a ways off. I really like Mastermind by the way, though I wish they'd fix Inspire because it's buggy as hell and works about half of the times. Still, I find it indispensable when a hit goes south.

Yeah, I was personally quite dubious about going for The Joker and Inpsire because even Dominator is a little dodgy sometimes. Also, if I'd gone any higher I wouldn't have been able to get all the silencer boost/EMP/Lockpicking perks in Ghost. Thinking about it, silencer boosts are the only weapons perks I've gotten. I don't think I could commit to one type of weapon, myself.

Anyone know if Pumping Iron in Enforcer and Martial Artist in Ghost work together?

Do to all the games I've picked up and the reviews I'm working on, I don't know if I have the time to truly get into this or if the community has the patience to deal with someone who only pops on for a few rounds. Pretty sad. Me and one other person have had some bad experiences online simple because were new to it. I might just sell my 360 version and be done with it. I like the idea of the game but some people in the community can be little shits about it.

From my time playing, Techs seem to be a valuable rarity.

That's pretty interesting. In my case, I don't think I've seen a single drill in action past level 35 or 38. Most people have shape charges and once in a while you'll find a safecracker.

You gotta remember, though, it was made by something like a 30 man team; it's essentially an arcade title. Also, I'm pretty sure they had to get this game out before that other game built around bank heists hit.

I get that it's an indie team and a $30 game but come on, you have to admit a lot of the problems are because the game is rushed. The AI is horrible, the matchmaking system is horrible, the difficulty and rewards are not properly tuned and in some cases the game balance is totally broken. The game is also missing a lot of content in terms of enemies, maps and features. There's nothing new to do beyond level 40 and yet the game goes to level 100. And then there are all the bugs and crashes on top of that. They might be indie but they aren't a brand new team either... they have experience with the first game as well.

They made a fun game but it's clear as day that they rushed the game out the door to beat GTA to market and the game has suffered quite heavily as a result.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Do to all the games I've picked up and the reviews I'm working on, I don't know if I have the time to truly get into this or if the community has the patience to deal with someone who only pops on for a few rounds. Pretty sad. Me and one other person have had some bad experiences online simple because were new to it. I might just sell my 360 version and be done with it. I like the idea of the game but some people in the community can be little shits about it.

I'm on 360 if you ever decide to dip in and need a patient third man. :)

That's pretty interesting. In my case, I don't think I've seen a single drill in action past level 35 or 38. Most people have shape charges and once in a while you'll find a safecracker.

What system are you on? The team I most often play with are MM/Ghost, MM/Ghost, Enforcer/Tech. The last guy is pretty low level, so we get a lot of drilling :) I'm working towards safecracking myself.

I get that it's an indie team and a $30 game but come on, you have to admit a lot of the problems are because the game is rushed. The AI is horrible, the matchmaking system is horrible, the difficulty and rewards are not properly tuned and in some cases the game balance is totally broken. The game is also missing a lot of content in terms of enemies, maps and features. There's nothing new to do beyond level 40 and yet the game goes to level 100. And then there are all the bugs and crashes on top of that. They might be indie but they aren't a brand new team either... they have experience with the first game as well.

They made a fun game but it's clear as day that they rushed the game out the door to beat GTA to market and the game has suffered quite heavily as a result.

It's not perfect by any means, but I have a really good time playing it. My biggest problem is other players! XD

I guess in many ways it is similar to my relationship with State of Decay, I find the gameplay is so engrossing that I kind of don't notice/ignore most of it's foibles. I'm glad to support them and, hopefully, they'll learn lessons and make a stonking PD3 and improve whatever is fixable in PD2 via patching.

I uh... I really like Crime.net. I think I'm the only one though. XD

Yo Gaf, what kind of classes are you?

I started out focusing on Tech skills specifically the ones the help drilling, but one of my regular crew decided to do the same a few days ago.

I respec'd and am focused on being a great medic/support type player. I am still pretty low level (30) but my goal is to be able to revive with shouts carry 2 doctor bags.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I started out focusing on Tech skills specifically the ones the help drilling, but one of my regular crew decided to do the same a few days ago.

I respec'd and am focused on being a great medic/support type player. I am still pretty low level (30) but my goal is to be able to revive with shouts carry 2 doctor bags.

We need to hook up again!

Is there a way to "sell" skills without starting from lvl 0? I went full Enforcer (basically to get the saw) but now am realising I really like the stealth stuff, but don't have enough lvls left to shape it out as I wish.

Also I don't get ypur problems with random people. Most of the time I join a server/someone comas at my server the first question is "stealth?" and everyone agrees. May be local differences (I'm in Germany)?

Top Bottom