• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Card Boy

Banned
Jesus christ, i have being playing for 10 hrs and didn't realise i was playing on 1280x720 resolution. I thought i changed that shit to 1920x1080 the first time i set up the game.

Here i thought it looked like a console piece of shit the whole time.

O.DOGG

The safe house tutorial specifically mentions the vault contains your offshore balance but maybe it's bugged? Honestly I don't even understand the point of this offshore balance nor do I see the point of the game telling you in detail how much money you won't have to spend at the end of every mission.

Axtually if I remember correctly, the vault in the safehouse shows you the amount of money you have to spend. That is, those piles of cash is the money you have available to buy weapons/skills/masks.

Axtually if I remember correctly, the vault in the safehouse shows you the amount of money you have to spend. That is, those piles of cash is the money you have available to buy weapons/skills/masks.

I seem to remember the safe house tutorial guy saying something about the vault holding your retirement money but it's possible I'm wrong. Wasn't paying a lot of attention I guess.

Oreoleo

I seem to remember the safe house tutorial guy saying something about the vault holding your retirement money but it's possible I'm wrong. Wasn't paying a lot of attention I guess.
Why would your "offshore" money be stored in your house? It's like a Swiss bank account.

Tensketch

I absolutely love the game. I've specced in mastermind and have recently got the inspire ability to pick people up from afar. I keep forgetting I have it though.

Love everything about the game, but I have the following gripes:

- Level complexity. I love the idea of multi day heists and giving players the opportunity to just have a quick game. But I would like single day heists which have a lot to do, similar to the likes of No Mercy (in fact, just give us No Mercy again, seriously that's the best level they have ever done).

- More materials. I am genuinely surprised that there is no Camo materials in the game, I would love to break into banks with arctic or woodland camo masks.

- Old Hoxton. Because new Hoxton sucks.

- Old soundtrack. I love the new soundtrack and I love the idea of each level randomly having a track load for it. But I feel like I keep hearing the same tracks again and again. I bloody loved the drum and bass feel of PD1's soundtrack, love to hear it again.

- A completely blank mask. Similar to Dallas' and Hoxton's BEEEEF masks from the first game.

hamchan

So, this game turns easy mode as an Enforcer with the Mosconi 12G Shotgun, once you get near the end of his skill tree.

The thing one shot kills most enemies.

Wow. I cant even play the game right anymore. They fixxed so many stuff that makes the game not enjoyable anymore for me. Tried to complete a 3 Days pro job (Rats) with 3 Lvl60 guys. We didnt survived 3 minute on the first map. Got 2 Bulldozer and 2 Teaser at the same time.

Ah man. Im not enjoying this game anymore. Played 2 hours and it was so damn annoying.

Well it was good for 10 days.

hamchan

Yeah on Rats we blow up the meth lab on purpose so we can just go through it quickly. Day 1 is the longest and hardest day. Days 2 and 3 are fast and easy.

So if you just skip day 1 you still end up with a lot of money and exp in a short amount of time.

Yeah on Rats we blow up the meth lab on purpose so we can just go through it quickly. Day 1 is the longest and hardest day. Days 2 and 3 are fast and easy.

So if you just skip day 1 you still end up with a lot of money and exp in a short amount of time.

I dont mean that. I just mean that Overkill fixxed the wrong stuff with Patch 5.

They didnt made the missions more interesting (Everyone said that the missions are too easy). They didnt fixxed the Card issues. They made escapes for Day 1 jobs. So we got more repetitive things to do in the game. They made the specials harder even trough the cloakers arent in there yet? And they removed a thing that was in Payday 1 and in Payday 2... the grabbing bags trough walls. The rest is okay but the game gets harder and harder to do with randoms. My girlfriend isnt a good player. She will stop playing this game because it got ALOT harder. So i paid 30€ for playing 4 hours with her. Its kinda sad.

So, this game turns easy mode as an Enforcer with the Mosconi 12G Shotgun, once you get near the end of his skill tree.

The thing one shot kills most enemies.

75% of the friends I play with are fully specced Enforcers, that's why I decided to go with Mastermind/Technician. It's definitely the most used class from what I've saw, no wonder though, that Mosconi is fucking ridiculous with the Enforcer upgrades.

remnant

Banned
Been thinking of jumping in on the PC side this weekend. Are there any severe bugs or issues going on in the game right now, and how is the community?

Tenck

Been thinking of jumping in on the PC side this weekend. Are there any severe bugs or issues going on in the game right now, and how is the community?

Community has been good from what I've experienced. But I would rather play with my friends all the time.

blanky

I dont mean that. I just mean that Overkill fixxed the wrong stuff with Patch 5.

They didnt made the missions more interesting (Everyone said that the missions are too easy). They didnt fixxed the Card issues. They made escapes for Day 1 jobs. So we got more repetitive things to do in the game. They made the specials harder even trough the cloakers arent in there yet? And they removed a thing that was in Payday 1 and in Payday 2... the grabbing bags trough walls. The rest is okay but the game gets harder and harder to do with randoms. My girlfriend isnt a good player. She will stop playing this game because it got ALOT harder. So i paid 30€ for playing 4 hours with her. Its kinda sad.

Well the grabbing through the wall is kind of a cheap trick though. I agree with the other points though. Especially the immense increase in escapes sucks.

I wish it paid off a lot more to take your time and get as much as you can. It happens too often that people just want to get over with it as quick as possible, but why play the game then?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah I really do not like the Escape missions. I understand their concerns with people farming Ukrainian Job etc. too quickly, but I would much rather they tone down the rewards for the mission than add in this shit. These drawn out firefights are the worst part of the game already, don't give me more.

DesGaizu

Neo Member
So apart from the awesome gun play mechanics, I think payday 1 was better in all aspects. I ran the world bank level so many times over the year I played payday 1 and never got bored but payday 2 just isn't holding my interest past level 50.

Money becomes pointless, which in a game all about robbing is quite a big oversight. I don't have anything to spend it on.

so that leaves leveling up for spec points and collecting weapons/masks

well the game refuses to give me the loot I want for the guns I have and use so I ended up just using the op double shotgun which needs zero mods...

On the spec side I pretty much have everything I need so even that feels like a pointless grind at this stage.

payday 1 had so much to archive, overkilling each mission felt like a real achievement and then again for 145+ and getting your gold mask felt great like you had become this amazing criminal.

Payday 2 I'm robbing some tiny shops for petty cash, a small bank... and smashing some windows in a mall like some angry teenager.

Overall it feels like the the beginning of a good game but sadly the middle and end is missing.

I wish it paid off a lot more to take your time and get as much as you can. It happens too often that people just want to get over with it as quick as possible, but why play the game then?

It happens because people are trying to maximize the amount of xp they are earning per minute. At some point the reward for doing missions stops being about the money and becomes about the xp and random cards and the faster you get those, the better.

Yeah I really do not like the Escape missions. I understand their concerns with people farming Ukrainian Job etc. too quickly, but I would much rather they tone down the rewards for the mission than add in this shit. These drawn out firefights are the worst part of the game already, don't give me more.

If they toned down the rewards of those missions, people would stop doing them altogether. Instead they should massively increase the reward of doing longer missions. I'm talking a 3 day mission giving 6x the xp as a one day mission.

depending on ohw long those are i can see them gettng annoying
Each escape makes you survive waves of enemies for 3-4 minutes before heading to an extraction point. It's not much but it gets very repetitive and boring very quickly.

O.DOGG

Personally I rarely do the shortest missions like Ukrainian Job or the night club so adding extra escape missions doesn't really bother me. The other day I even stumbled across an escape mission I hadn't done before, and that was fun. So I don't mind them at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno whats the big issue with people farming missions

the game has a lot of grinding and not that many missions, what's so bad about people just doing the optmial thing?

i personally find it really boring but to each its own

This is what happens when you fail the first day of Big Oil and no one has played the mission before so no one knows the sheer hell of dragging 20 engines out to the extraction point and waiting for the helicopter to make those 20 trips before you can finish. 75 minute long mission with over 1000 enemies killed, 5 or so people just quitting out of frustration and ultimately getting through by the skin of your teeth. Can you imagine lasting 75 minutes with the ammo and health packs you start a mission with?

icuDlY3.jpg

This is what happens when you fail the first day of Big Oil and no one has played the mission before so no one knows the sheer hell of dragging 20 engines out to the extraction point and waiting for the helicopter to make those 20 trips before you can finish. 75 minute long mission with over 1000 enemies killed, 5 or so people just quitting out of frustration and ultimately getting through by the skin of your teeth. Can you imagine lasting 75 minutes with the ammo and health packs you start a mission with?

That's some spartan shit right there. Big Oil is too complicated with not enough rewards the way it's done now. The second you realize that you won't be able to choose the right engine from the first or second try is the moment the mission is basically lost. I like the fact they tried something a bit more detailed with this heist, but I'd rather just have 3 engines with 3 colors and make the choice a bit easier.

I mean, I can choose the right engine most of the time, but I completely avoid the mission as it is.

And it's a shame, since there are so many repeats of the bank, we could have a 1 day job at the Big Oil villa, or the FBI HQ from Firestarter, with such huge maps.

The game was definitely released prematurely, so I suspect more interesting heists in future DLCs.

BibiMaghoo

Lots of talk about the money you cannot spend :/

In the first game, this was the same, except your 'money' was your experience. You leveled up by earning money, but could not spend it on anything.

Now we have things to spend money on, but are given spending money for it, a portion of our total cash. I think the mistake made here was not using the same system as the first, and having that money as experience. For example, money bundles you find essentially give you XP, rather than an unspendable sum.

Either way, I don't see it as an issue. If that didn't exist and you just got spending cash, no one would give a fuck, but instead you are given this illusion of loads of cash you can do nothing with, which has technically always been the case. It's a complaint that only exists because of the perception you have something you can do nothing with. When in reality you don't actually have anything at all, other than spending cash.

So i just got this game, and it feels like they made so many stupid decisions with this game. Why in the crime.net does it look like I can only play the same 4 missions over and over? Bugs me that I have to wait in the crime.net thing just to wait for a higher difficulty heist to pop up when they could of just had create match which would take 2 seconds. And the only way to unlock gun upgrades is from that dumb lottery minigame? What also bugs me is that the heists themselves are like 1/5 of a level and then the rest of the match consists of horde mode with Cops. I was expecting some Oceans 11 shit and I am disapoint

Either way, I don't see it as an issue. If that didn't exist and you just got spending cash, no one would give a fuck, but instead you are given this illusion of loads of cash you can do nothing with, which has technically always been the case. It's a complaint that only exists because of the perception you have something you can do nothing with. When in reality you don't actually have anything at all, other than spending cash.

I think the only complaint with the offshore money is that it's just a complete waste of time. At every mission completion screen you sit through money counters that are utterly meaningless. There is no point of showing you (or even having) offshore money.

Atruvius

I think the only complaint with the offshore money is that it's just a complete waste of time. At every mission completion screen you sit through money counters that are utterly meaningless. There is no point of showing you (or even having) offshore money.

They'll probably patch in safehouse customization which will probably use the offshore money. I think some safehouse recording even says something like the more you have offshore money the better the safehouse will get.

But then again the safehouse is pretty useless right now...

BibiMaghoo

As Atruvius says, the plan is to implement some upgrades to the safe house, so you can do something with it, I just wanted to point out that is has always just been a measure of general game progression, rather than a spendable asset. It's just the spending money split that has altered the perception of it's purpose, and made people think of it as useless.

O.DOGG

I think of the offshore money as just some big number that doesn't really mean anything. This is your retirement fund. It's there just for fun. The money available is what's important. I know, having a billion in the retirement fund makes doing more jobs pretty pointless but I take it as part of the role playing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That's some spartan shit right there. Big Oil is too complicated with not enough rewards the way it's done now. The second you realize that you won't be able to choose the right engine from the first or second try is the moment the mission is basically lost. I like the fact they tried something a bit more detailed with this heist, but I'd rather just have 3 engines with 3 colors and make the choice a bit easier.

Dumb it down? No way. I was so impressed when I came across Big Oil Day 2. I've missed games that require thinking and paying attention.

As Atruvius says, the plan is to implement some upgrades to the safe house, so you can do something with it, I just wanted to point out that is has always just been a measure of general game progression, rather than a spendable asset. It's just the spending money split that has altered the perception of it's purpose, and made people think of it as useless.

Yea I understand the point you're making. To me it just feels like one of many half baked concepts that this game has.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
There always was escapes to multi days missions, it has a random chance of happening between each day. Or maybe I didn't understand your post well.

No, I'm talking about extra escapes that weren't there in between the days, unless I'm completely mistaken / remembering wrong.

blanky

It happens because people are trying to maximize the amount of xp they are earning per minute. At some point the reward for doing missions stops being about the money and becomes about the xp and random cards and the faster you get those, the better.

But then you're just stuck playing the follow-the-carrot game in another environment. It shouldn't be about hunting for xp it should be about a sweet heist.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Same here, i cant find anyone to play with.

Oreoleo

No, I'm talking about extra escapes that weren't there in between the days, unless I'm completely mistaken / remembering wrong.

The very first time I played Rats in the BETA, we got an escape between both day 1 and day 2, and day 2 and day 3. This is nothing new.

Big Oil day 2 is incredibly easy if you can find the two notepads that show what type of gas is used and how many hoses are connected to the big blue tank, also one computer usually shows if the gauge on the engine reads over or under 400 BAR. If you have all 3 you're pretty much assured getting it on the first time. If not, then have a nice time waiting lol.

I really do wish they would add more XP for the 2/3 days missions though. They honestly don't seem rewarding enough as it is, especially on console where they still haven't patched in the new XP amounts from the last PC patch.

I hate that mission....u know whats even more annoying....u can get the first mission perfect but on the second sometimes they randomly turn off the lights so even if you manage to find the clipboard u cant tell what engine is correct

At least there are ammo bags around

I hate that mission....u know whats even more annoying....u can get the first mission perfect but on the second sometimes they randomly turn off the lights so even if you manage to find the clipboard u cant tell what engine is correct

At least there are ammo bags around

Can't tell you the amount of times my mounted flashlight has come in handy when that happened. It really helps on that part for sure.

I heard one guy yelling, "fuuu the lights" once on day 2 and I ran over with my light. He said "oh, nice" lol.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can't tell you the amount of times my mounted flashlight has come in handy when that happened. It really helps on that part for sure.

I heard one guy yelling, "fuuu the lights" once on day 2 and I ran over with my light. He said "oh, nice" lol.
I have a flashlight weapon just for that mission. A tough but really cool mission.

Top Bottom