• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Engine/TG Appreciation and Collecting Thread, Because who needs a 2nd controller?

I been hearing that People Play Games is expensive. How much did you pay for Devil's Crush and Dragon's Curse?

30 and 23 respectively. Not bad, and it's a local business I want to see stay around. Guys there are decent and it's a well organized store. I sold them a bunch of NES dupes I have. Old commons and got enough in credit thst it was an even swap.

Separate topic: any reason not to buy the import of Bomberman '94? Assume English isn't required to play Bomberman.

HaL64

30 and 23 respectively. Not bad, and it's a local business I want to see stay around. Guys there are decent and it's a well organized store. I sold them a bunch of NES dupes I have. Old commons and got enough in credit thst it was an even swap.

Separate topic: any reason not to buy the import of Bomberman '94? Assume English isn't required to play Bomberman.

If that's with the case and instructions, that's a good price.

Just got my doujijdance Duo-R! Will post pictures at some point this weekend. Tested a Hucard and disc - zero issues. My god the system is frickinn cool looking in person. I should never have waited this long.

8AoApPt.jpg

There it is. Barely been able to play it since getting it yesterday. I just ordered a scart to BNC breakout cable from retrogamingcables.com. Bonk's Revenge and Lords of Thunder already look damn good on regular composite cables on my Sony PVM. How much better could it possibly look via pure RGB? Can't wait to find out.

What games did you buy the system to play? Get those.

They're all expensive now. It's dumb.

The good ones have been pricey for years. Next game I must buy is Rondo, but gotta save up for that one.

Currently have:
Bonks revenge
Devils crush
Ys I and II
Wonder boy
Lords of thunder

Mzo

Wonder Boy? Do you mean Dragon's Curse, Monster Lair, or Wonder Momo? Those are all good.

New Adventure Island is the best Adventure Island. I love Legendary Axe. It's a lot like the old 8-bit Castlevanias. Silent Debuggers is really original. Bloody Wolf is cool. Bomberman '94 is super cheap if you like Bomberman. Legendary Axe II, Ninja Spirit, Cadash, City Hunter, Chase HQ, Military Madness, Parasol Stars, Blazing Lazers, Super Star Soldier and Soldier Blade.

Rondo is worth it. I got a great deal around a year ago from a friend but if you can appreciate the original Castlevanias it is hands down the best. I like the Valis series. 2 is really bad, 3 is better, 4 is good, and the remake of 1 is impressive. Dragon Slayer by Falcom. The 4-in-1 CD brings both Bonks, and the amazing Gate of Thunder (plus hidden Bomberman). There's stuff like Kaze Kiri, Faussete Armor, Blood Gear, 3x3 Eyes and Strider (both Arcade card games, though).

Tons of games, really. Any genre in particular?

Check out both The PC Engine Bible and the reviews by The Brothers Duomazov. I don't always agree with the brothers, but you can at least get a feel for the games.

Teknoman

Dracula X (aka. Rondo of Blood) is so stupidly expensive, I've given up on it.

And I already have the PSP port anyway.

Keep an eye on ebay. Ended up settling for a good disc only copy a year or so back, but won it for 30.

,,,after searching just now, it does seem like there are more complete and expensive than anything though.

antibolo

Banned
The stupidest thing about Dracula X is that it doesn't seem rare at all, there are tons and tons of listings for the game on eBay. All in the 100$+ range. Whyyyyyyyyy

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The stupidest thing about Dracula X is that it doesn't seem rare at all, there are tons and tons of listings for the game on eBay. All in the 100$+ range. Whyyyyyyyyy

A lot of it is just pure demand.

I got my copy for about $70 here in Tokyo in Akihabara a couple of years ago, I was totally shocked when I saw it at that price!
Prices seems to be raising even locally for that game, I haven't seen a copy under 10000 Yen in 7 months so far.

IrishNinja

Got mine w/o a spine card in great condition for $50 last year. Fuck eBay.

yeah, mine was $65 just this year, from another forum - shit's ridiculous on scenes like these. i just scooped up Elevator Action Returns for $40 on a forum deal, go check ebay listings for that one at the moment.

Fuck eBay.

HaL64

The good ones have been pricey for years. Next game I must buy is Rondo, but gotta save up for that one.

Currently have:
Bonks revenge
Devils crush
Ys I and II
Wonder boy
Lords of thunder

Been wanting a complete Devils Crush for awhile. Let me know when you are done with it. :)
The prices are all over the place on that one.
Sometimes $30, sometimes $60. Oh the joys of collecting for TG16.

mikeBlack

Neo Member
Managed to grab a duo-rgb off doujindance last night. Had the money for a few months but kept missing the listings. Kinda sucked watching his feedback go up, knowing I'd missed another one lol. Subscribing to this thread etc.

Ban Puncher

Got some good stuff in the post this morning.

Ac40ht7.jpg

All lovely and mint except Spriggan which is sadly missing the spine card but it only cost $10 so I'm not too bothered.

Top Bottom