• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers, what screen size do you use?

What monitor size do you use?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 26 9.3%

Votes: 91 32.5%

Votes: 64 22.9%
  • 43 or bigger

Votes: 99 35.4%

• Total voters

Leviathicus

Do you use the same monitor for gaming and productivity or is your pc strictly for gaming?

You are also allowed to post a picture if you feel like bragging (oled users probably)

Mortisfacio

I use two 27" with an ASUS Predator monitor being my primary. I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure what to go for. I'm not getting full usage of my 4090 because my primary is only 1440p.

I have a KVM I switch between work and personal (my laptop for work is also at my desk). Sometimes I use both monitors + laptop for work, sometimes I use my laptop + secondary with my primary set for my personal PC, like I'm doing right now.

Topher

Gold Member
42" 4K OLED
or
55" 4K OLED

Playing kb&m, I use the 42" on my desk. Playing with controller, I switch over to my 55" which is shared with my consoles.

Last edited:

rm082e

For now, 32" curved VA at about 20" in my office. I also have the PS5 and a headphone amp.

I would like to eventually move to something like a 45" 5k2k curved OLED, but that's years away.

Last edited:
32 inch

oled owners are so proud of their monitors they have to mention it when asked the size of their screen. Also OP was asking for pictures and I've yet to see any btw. Come on make us plebs jealous.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
48” LG C1 OLED. I got a floor stand for it and have it mounted so it’s right at the back edge of my desk. It’s glorious.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
24" screen, but they are old. I am also disappointed by how many games do not support dual screen. Especially RTS, where I could use one screen for the map.

Gp1

Voted for 43, but currently on a 40" 1080p Backup tv. I can play both "normal" games and my flight sims +trackIR without the need of a second monitor.

But I'm in a rock and hard place now. I've tested some high end 37" monitors and it felt tiny compared with my current one and i can't go higher because i would have to move my head to look at the borders of the screen at my current distance, which sucks for normal games.

Besides that i still don't have the hardware to go to 43 or higher at 4k.

squidilix

27 and in some way, I think sometimes is too wide.

I want 4k screen, but I don't think i'm gonna upper than 27"

T4keD0wN

24" - 1080p 1x for media player controls/guides and 2x for backup pcs
27" - 1440p primary gaming monitor
65" or 60" dont remember - 4k for poorly cpu optimized games or watching movies while playing games on the primary

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
49-inch Samsung Odyssey G9

Was worried about getting the OLED model as it seemed pretty hit-and-miss with screen burn in. Been very happy with this monitor, especially the picture in picture mode (so I can have my PC and docked Switch playing on the same screen).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
17" Laptop. Havent had a monitor for 15+ years and I dont hook it up to my TV as I like to have the TV on (usually sports) when I play PC games or surf the net.

Last edited:

ssringo

Dual 27". Primary is for basically everything and the second one is for stuff I don't necessarily need to pay attention to at all times; youtube, reference documents, etc.

I have a very old 24 inch monitor, but use that one only if I have to write a document or check my PC status or download something. For games I exclusively use my 55 inch 4K television.

Last edited:

Closer

I've been using a 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080 75Hz LG for quite some time now. Never felt the need to upgrade.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I use a 27 1440p 16:9 144 hz SDR LED display for the PC but I really want an ultra wide of at least 34 inches and at least 120 hz, HDR OLED, 4k isn't really needed but I wouldn't begrudge it, it's gotta be at least 1440p though and ultra wide with HDR for the next monitor, those are the bare minimums. OLED would be nice as I said, but I won't lie, I'm a bit nervous about OLED for a PC monitor that will be used as much for the office work as it will gaming....don't want burn in. Might QD OLED or something, who knows.

Top Bottom