• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

Reiza responded at RD.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ozv8-crowd-fund-project.103435/page-8#post-2105241

Also with what Paul Field said on page 7 of that thread this whole thing is a mess.

SimRacingOz doesn't seem to want to provide information to the public which doesn't help things. I don't know about the backers for their mod though, maybe they got some inside info.

I do believe one thing though, Reiza couldn't be directly involved in the mod since they would have to pay licencing fees to V8 supercars which I don't think they could or would want to do. It wouldn't think it could be financially viable for them given that they've finalized their vision for GSCE through their crowdfunding campaign and are looking to their next game.

Their stories seem to corroborate each other on the last page of that thread. Not sure what the problem is.

Reiza makes a V8SC with (poor) modeling help from SimRacingOz. SimRacingOz uses the existing physics to create the other cars. That's my understanding of how it was proposed to work. Reiza held up their end of the bargain when they released the super V8. As Renato essentially said, where did this expectation of additional modeling help (of all things) come from? That doesn't make any sense.

Shaneus

Reiza responded at RD.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ozv8-crowd-fund-project.103435/page-8#post-2105241

Also with what Paul Field said on page 7 of that thread this whole thing is a mess.

SimRacingOz doesn't seem to want to provide information to the public which doesn't help things. I don't know about the backers for their mod though, maybe they got some inside info.

I do believe one thing though, Reiza couldn't be directly involved in the mod since they would have to pay licencing fees to V8 supercars which I don't think they could or would want to do. It wouldn't think it could be financially viable for them given that they've finalized their vision for GSCE through their crowdfunding campaign and are looking to their next game.
Yeah, after re-reading what Reiza originally posted about only providing sounds and physics (something I'd forgotten about at the point of reading the PRC article) it does sound like the OZV8 guys were under the misapprehension Reiza were going to do more, or they were/are blatantly misleading people about Reiza's practices.

I should've known better to than to think ill of Reiza given the good they've done, compared to the (at least to me) relative unknown of OZV8.

Also, a comment here by "smudi" sums it up in a better way. I feel really bad for thinking Reiza had been shifty while only having/remembering one side of the story. Sorry guys :(

Edit: I wonder if SimRacingOz's implosion has anything to do with this? Posted on Sept. 30 on their FB:
Most if not all are aware that The League will be Closing down for Good.
Originally I set a Date for the Last Race in December, but the recent events with attendances very low I have decided that with that in mind and the Renewal of the Site and Domain due next month.
The V8Supercars Gold Coast 600 Race will be the Last Race here at SROz.
30th October will Officially be the Last Race.
Seems to me they're trying to dissolve themselves as a collective/group. Maybe this news is perhaps to deflect for long enough until they're officially non-existent, dragging things out for another month or so? Pure speculation and possible hyperbole on my part, obviously.

Oh, and slagging off Reiza/GSCE after the fact is seriously not cool. I'm guessing that there'll be a few mod groups begging Reiza to let them release stuff once their new platform releases next year.

After reading bits of that PDF... they're hoping to get things done for Q1 2016? Ahahaha. They couldn't do shit with licensing from Reiza and dodgy 3D models up to this point, I love that they think it'll be enough time to model all the cars currently in the V8 Supercars championship *and* have their physics and sounds up to snuff by then. If at all.

Last thing: Important to note the response that Reiza post got in that thread vs. the SimRacingOZ one. Reiza got this (so far):
XT3igai.png

The other has nothing.

TJP

I believe no one apart from the mongs on PRC are blaming Reiza. For me it's more about the 'drama' from the group who took the funds from backers doing a series of flip-flops about the mod and its status.

Absolving themselves of blame, not issuing refunds to those who want them and claiming SCE isn't a viable platform any longer doesn't do much for their credibility.

What a clusterfuck; with MAK Corp being involved, this mod may be released by 2020. An opinion piece on bsim racing: http://www.bsimracing.com/ozv8-mod-the-next-big-scam/

Link to the mod backers PDF: http://m.imgur.com/a/hyTyv

I'll wait for another developer to create a proper V8 Supercar experience with all the cars and tracks included.

OZV8 Team come off as real assholes in these links. Talk about kicking both your backers and Reiza straight in the balls.

If they:
1) thought that GSCE was an "aging platform"
2) and now say that "Further; the new game platforms (lets not forget we are delivering on two platforms now, not just one) used, house features that the aging SCE platform could only dream of having"
Why didn't they crowdfund for AC and rF2 in the first place instead of GSCE? A bit hypocritical eh?

What's funny though is that in the PDF Petros Mak pleads to keep this information private. Firstly, that is never going to happen on the internet. Second, why keep it private? Why should it be a big secret?

<sarcasm> I have my own complaint about Reiza, where is my sticker! </sarcasm>

TJP

The guy running MAK Corp wants the info to remain secret because his mods never come out. For example, his 1993 V8 Supercar mod was due to be released in 2014 and its yet to be released. I don't know what others think but vapour ware and MAK Corp go hand in glove.

Stating isimotor 2 is far too old is laughable; the graphics module (gMotor) is a little dated however the physics sure aren't. As noted, if its such a shit platform, why raise money to make a mod for SCE?

I just hope the Reiza guys aren't scared off from future mod requests.

The guy running MAK Corp wants the info to remain secret because his mods never come out. For example, his 1993 V8 Supercar mod was due to be released in 2014 and its yet to be released. I don't know what others think but vapour ware and MAK Corp go hand in glove.

Stating isimotor 2 is far too old is laughable; the graphics module (gMotor) is a little dated however the physics sure aren't. As noted, if its such a shit platform, why raise money to make a mod for SCE?

I just hope the Reiza guys aren't scared off from future mod requests.

After reading bits of that PDF... they're hoping to get things done for Q1 2016? Ahahaha. They couldn't do shit with licensing from Reiza and dodgy 3D models up to this point, I love that they think it'll be enough time to model all the cars currently in the V8 Supercars championship *and* have their physics and sounds up to snuff by then. If at all.

It's a shame about this whole thing. I was really looking forward to this mod, and now it probably won't see the light of day on any sim. And seriously, a proposed Q1 2016 release from scratch? I agree with Shaneus, give me a break.

Phill and Darren under reconsideration and following a discussion with
myself, and given Reiza studio’s recent kind offer on Race
Department to still allow the OZV8 mod team to still use the Reiza
Studio’s developed ‘Super V8’ assets have now decided to still
deliver the mod on the SCE platform as was originally promised. GREAT
NEWS!.

Yeyyyy

I think the OZV8 team owe a bloody big public apology for dumping all over Reiza. Especially now given that Reiza is still allowing them to use their assets for the mod.

TJP

I don't understand the backers of SCE (and I'm a level 5). We have the opportunity to have Reiza model WEC cars from the golden era of the early 1980's to the early 1990's or the WSC which saw Porsche v Ferrari with the 917 and 512...

The community votes up the bloody Porsche GT3 Cup of which there are three mods already available for SCE!

I agree with Big in regards to the community decisions being largely horsehit (my words not his).

trillbo

I don't understand the backers of SCE (and I'm a level 5). We have the opportunity to have Reiza model WEC cars from the golden era of the early 1980's to the early 1990's or the WSC which saw Porsche v Ferrari with the 917 and 512...

The community votes up the bloody Porsche GT3 Cup of which there are three mods already available for SCE!

I agree with Big in regards to the community decisions being largely horsehit (my words not his).

I'll never understand the general simracing public's obsession with GT3 cars. Give me something slower and slidier any day of the week.

TJP

I think the OZV8 team owe a bloody big public apology for dumping all over Reiza. Especially now given that Reiza is still allowing them to use their assets for the mod.
Oz V8 team have taken a massive dump in their own beds with this fiasco. I see MAK and Reiza have chimed in here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...r-be-made-for-stock-car-extreme.111846/page-6

I 100% agree with Reiza calling into question the credibility of the OZV8 people in a very diplomatic way. MAK on the other hand calls the two men in the centre of the shitstorm gentlemen of high repute.

Fuck the drams...I'm looking forward to the next DLC from Sector 3 (should be DTM) and Dream Pack #2 from Kunos.

TJP

I'll never understand the general simracing public's obsession with GT3 cars. Give me something slower and slidier any day of he week.
Someone needs to post the T76 replica video from Evo's track car of the year in the voting thread. It's so hot, it would give a dead man a hard-on.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOdn4dyZGI

Someone explain how any GT3 is more exciting than the Lola replica. With the 917 and 512, it would be even more amazing!

I can imagine such a decision coming from the more mass-market Gran Turismo/Forza/PCARS communities, but I thought SCE drivers (especially backers) would have veered away from something so ordinary as a Porsche GT3. Very disappointing.

TJP

I can imagine such a decision coming from the more mass-market Gran Turismo/Forza/PCARS communities, but I thought SCE drivers (especially backers) would have veered away from something so ordinary as a Porsche GT3. Very disappointing.
Too right it's disappointing. Porsche was the first word my grandfather taught me when I was a toddler so I'm pro-Stuttgart however I don't need a another GT3 mod for any sim let alone SCE. I'd suggest league racers want it.

I put forth the RX-7 as a car to consider which earnt about as many votes as a pro-paedo political party however either of the enduro mods would be sensational; the GT3 Porsche in comparison is blah central.

/rant 8)

Spookie

To be honest I would have liked the Mazda MX5 or one of the more less represented racing cups. I could care less for 90s prototypes. Sorry guys. :>

Someone needs to post the T76 replica video from Evo's track car of the year in the voting thread. It's so hot, it would give a dead man a hard-on.

Someone explain how any GT3 is more exciting than the Lola replica. With the 917 and 512, it would be even more amazing!

I think that whole EVO track car of the year video should be mandatory viewing for voters.

I also think there's a Brazilian contingent that wants to see another national tintop series (albeit defunct). Judging from their servers, there seems to be little South American interest beyond the V8s and CPdM.

I do think that GT3 being modified road cars certainly appeals to people who perhaps aren't RL race fans. They're also fast, but easy to drive as well. A combo that has a lot of mass appeal.

Zeth

New AC stuff is ace!

Load times seem much better, and it's super nice not having a separate launcher like it's 1998.

New AC stuff is ace!

Load times seem much better, and it's super nice not having a separate launcher like it's 1998.

Yeah the new cars are just amazing. The rt2r-rwd finally feels how I would expect. The Project Cars version feels bad to me. Also not a fan of the R3e version.

Also yes, game is just ultra smooth now. 100+fps Gsync.

Shaneus

I agree. I think from memory the track decision was largely arse too, but can't exactly remember. I just looked at some layouts online, tried to think about what I'd seen in games and picked the best. Got one of the least amount of votes... I think it was Brands Hatch.

Jesus christ, "violent" is right!
Actually, thinking about it... could it be that Porsche is a hard license to get so if there's a chance to get it, it should be lunged at?

trillbo

Wow, the GT40 in AC is fantastic. Have a go of it on the ring. Really liking the feel of the tyres & brakes in the new update, and the FFB feels great. It feels like it's easier/nicer to hold cars on the limit of grip.

Traction control off in the M4 is a riot.

TJP

Actually, thinking about it... could it be that Porsche is a hard license to get so if there's a chance to get it, it should be lunged at?
There is little to no chance Reiza will have a Porsche licence; a silloute 911 GT3 will be made or theyll ask RUF to use one of their models for a bit of extra credibility.

As we are all know, Porsche, like Ferrari and Lamborghini disappeared up their own arse a while ago in regards to licencing their vehicles in games/sims. Ironic too given the sheer amount of licenced tat these manufacturers pedal onto their fans from aftershave to smoking pipes and all manner of gaudy clothes which do far less to enhance brand recognition & up the douche factor.

Patrick S.

Banned
Wow, the GT40 in AC is fantastic. Have a go of it on the ring. Really liking the feel of the tyres & brakes in the new update, and the FFB feels great. It feels like it's easier/nicer to hold cars on the limit of grip.

Traction control off in the M4 is a riot.

I agree it drives nice, but somehow its instruments have graphic issues, they look really fuzzy and out of focus. Also, why do even official Kunos cars lack details like instrument and dashboard illumination? The blue lights in the RUF in pCARS look awesome, and yet again Kunos doesn't manage to add that simple detail to their paid DLC :/

My favorites so far are the Rt12r-RWD and the Glickenhaus.

Release notes on 1.3

Assetto Corsa version 1.3 introduces some great improvements to the core game engine and new features to the physics engine.
The game now supports native 64-bit code. The physics engine has been reworked and is now completely multithreaded. As a result, the driving precision is augmented, the accuracy has further improved and the physics solver has enough horsepower to completely resolve any difficult calculations at any speed, achieving butter-smooth Force Feedback and a complete elimination of signal noise and vibrations.

Assetto Corsa’s top-class physics engine has been constantly evolving and improving. The AC physics code already includes various industry-first features, such as advanced active aerodynamics, four-wheel drive simulation with active differentials, realistic driving assists systems, unique hybrid engines simulation and advanced tyre-wear features, such as blistering, graining and flat spots.

With version 1.3 we now present you a completely reworked tyre model that includes new features in connection with tyre-speed sensitivity, combined grip, slip angles and ratios, load sensitivity, rolling resistance and most importantly, separated heating for surface and core temperatures. As a result, driving in Assetto Corsa is now more realistic than ever. The driving experience is more natural while at the same time also more challenging at the limit. Real-life features such as driving carefully in the first two laps to heat the tyres or taking it easy to cool down overheated tyres after a spin, the handling of the car changing from turn to turn depending on your driving style or as a result of driver errors and choosing the correct tyre compound depending on the track and car combination and also your driving style will now become part of your daily driving experience in Assetto Corsa.

We did not stop at the tyres though. We have improved the ABS system and now depending on the car, Assetto Corsa supports different generations of ABS systems using 1 to 4 channels. We have enabled active differentials also for RWD cars, such as the brand new BMW M4, which is part of the Dream Pack 2 DLC. We also have improved the height sensitivity of front splitters and diffusers making their influence more complex from a setup engineering point of view and more demanding from the aspect of the driver, creating an overall more satisfactory experience for everyone.

Do not just drive by memory some binary data values that resemble cars on your screen. Drive cars that are “alive”, constantly changing their behaviour from turn to turn as a response to your personal driving style.

TJP

To be honest I would have liked the Mazda MX5 or one of the more less represented racing cups. I could care less for 90s prototypes. Sorry guys. :>
It's all good! I couldn't care less for the MX-5 as nice a road car as it is...I'd say most of us in this thread are interested in the 60's and 70's sports cars from Ferrari, Lola and Porsche ;)

Speaking of which, P&G 3.2 is coming: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/power-glory-update-3-2-coming-soon.111880/

Jamesways

There is little to no chance Reiza will have a Porsche licence; a silloute 911 GT3 will be made or theyll ask RUF to use one of their models for a bit of extra credibility.

As we are all know, Porsche, like Ferrari and Lamborghini disappeared up their own arse a while ago in regards to licencing their vehicles in games/sims. Ironic too given the sheer amount of licenced tat these manufacturers pedal onto their fans from aftershave to smoking pipes and all manner of gaudy clothes which do far less to enhance brand recognition & up the douche factor.

The worst part is the biggest line up of Porsches in a current game is frickin' Real Racing 3!

TJP

The worst part is the biggest line up of Porsches in a current game is frickin' Real Racing 3!
With the massive emissions fuck up by Volkswagen and the impending fines/lawsuits, it won't be too long before the VAG start pimping their brands to all and sundry for a bit of cash.

TJP

I've posted this in the rFactor 2 thread already, ISI have rF2 on sale at 40% off the normal price for new customers. Existing customers get a 10% discount when upgrading their standard licence to a 12 month online access account.

A Standard to Lifetime upgrade is available; this upgrade won't be available for very much longer (according to Tim Weatley) and costs more than the current lifetime licence with the 40% off code.

Shaneus

Crap, I didn't vote (not that it would've made any difference). Why the fuck would people vote for a single make over multiple makes?

Morons!

spuckthew

I've posted this in the rFactor 2 thread already, ISI have rF2 on sale at 40% off the normal price for new customers. Existing customers get a 10% discount when upgrading their standard licence to a 12 month online access account.

A Standard to Lifetime upgrade is available; this upgrade won't be available for very much longer (according to Tim Weatley) and costs more than the current lifetime licence with the 40% off code.

I remember buying the rFactor 2 beta years ago (unless I dreamt it or was something else). Did ISI not 'reward' those buyers with access to the full game?

Tbh I'm super sketchy on the whole thing and haven't followed rF2 developments for ages so I could be talking shit.

I'll just buy the one-year sub otherwise.

Top Bottom