• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

TJP

Huh? I have the PC version and it's great. I can run it at max settings and 80-100fps, the console version is only a third of that.
Just telling the forum what the reviews have said.

ux4VXAS.jpg

What GPU are you using? AMD seem to be on a roll with certain games at the moment (mostly console to PC ports).

Megasoum

Banned
Automobilista is coming out in Early Access on Steam next weekend but if you had Stock Car Game Extreme then AMS is already on your steam account! Well it showed up on mine this morning anyway lol.

TJP

header.jpg

Steam store link: http://store.steampowered.com//app/431600

Renato Simioni said:
Why Early Access?
“While Automobilista is already at a very advanced stage of development, there are still some final pieces of content to be added to complete what is a very extensive package. The new simulation features and community tools will in turn benefit from testing with the broader user base we intend to gather during Early Access, not only from new comers but also everyone that purchased Stock Car Extreme before January 6th who will be getting Automobilista free of charge.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We estimate Automobilista will have a relatively short Early Access stage, in between 30-60 days before full release.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“While the content base is largely complete, a couple of remaining new cars and tracks are still in development will be added to the base package during Early Access stage, along with further fine tuning of our large roster of cars and tracks.

New core simulation features and gameplay options are also in development and will be added over the course of Early Access.

Community-based features such as online leaderboards and the Steam-based matchmaker, along with new tools to enhance both online and single player competitions will be introduced and developed along Early Access stage.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The game is currently an advanced beta stage and 90% complete.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes - we will begin early access 20% off the full release pricing, and gradually reduce that discount as we approach the full release.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Since Automobilista is free to everyone who purchased our previous title Stock Car Extreme before January 6th 2016, it should provide us a broader testing base for the development of our new Steam-based Matchmaker and Leaderboard systems, in order to make sure that upon release Automobilista is firing on all cylinders!”

Zeth

AMS beta seems pretty cool already - the Super Trucks are bonkers. It's like learning to drive again. Sure will teach you a bit about suspension and weight transfer though. Is there anything specific I need to know about jumps? I just try to keep it straight but results have varied.

edit: Thanks BT

TJP

Build Feb 29th Changelog:

• Added Honda Civic to Copa Petrobras de Marcas
  • Added electronic aids as garage options for cars that have them (independent from gameplay aids)
  • Further fine tuning to default FFB, minimizng jerkiness from "parking lot" effects and added car-specific smoothing levels
  • Corrected alpha channel on tire textures of closed cockpit cars
  • Several UI fixes
  • fixed tyre material settings
  • Improved AIWs for Jacarepagua historic, Montreal Historic & Kansai
  • Fixed laps and position cockpit info position in F3
  • Fixed armco barrier sticking out through wall on oval layout
  • Fixed LF rim position & corrected tyre texture alpha channel of Metalmoro MR18

Megasoum

Banned
It has been for a while, hasn't it? I was playing it two days ago. Unless there's a difference between the beta and the full game.

Yeah there's a difference. I'm not a backer so never had access to the beta.

As an owner of GSCE I automatically get AMS for free.

The game was added to my Steam library late last week but it was not available for download yet. This changed this afternoon.

Branson

Yeah there's a difference. I'm not a backer so never had access to the beta.

As an owner of GSCE I automatically get AMS for free.

The game was added to my Steam library late last week but it was not available for download yet. This changed this afternoon.

Same. Excited to try it once its done downloading.

i just got a used g27. i mounted on my desk and after a day of use the cord got crushed already. i put the cord through the lil groove but it didn't help. is this a common issue? any way to avoid this?

As it was used, are you sure the cord wasn't marked like that already? That doesn't look like something that would normally appear after a single day.

Megasoum

Banned
Just did a quick test drive on most cars in AMS and holy shit they managed to improve an already incredible game.

The simple fact that the steering wheel lock is now set automatically is so good. It was a pain to set it for every cars in SCGE.

The attention to detail is so good too. Like if a car doesn't have a speed limiter in real life it won't have one in game. Or the fact that the equivalent to the early 2000 Formula 1 car (can't remember the ingame name) is set to auto upshift with manual downshift like it was back then.

Also, best sounds in the business.

So they plan on finishing Automobilista in the next 30 to 60 days, but they don't have a list of content, neither on steam nor the game-automobilista.com website.

Should I look up the Stock Car Extreme content list? But then I still wouldn't know what new stuff was or still is being added. Thanks to TJP's pic I know about the cars, but not about the tracks, configurations and conditions

Megasoum

Banned
OMFG AMS is so much fun.

I did a race week-end at Spielberg (one of my all time favorite track) in a Formula 3.

Saw constant improvement on my times during practice (that's always awesome when that happens).

Qualified first but with only 0.600 in front of the second place.

Spun out of the track during the second lap and dropped down to 6th place.

Fought my way back to second place (right behind the first place when I crossed the finish line).

Great battles the whole time. Shit ton of fun.

Shaneus

I love it too. I need to know how to tweak the camera/POV settings though. Given my TV is fairly high up on a stand, visibility feels really off... especially with the super truck thingy.

But the karts are fun as shit though!

Megasoum

Banned
I love it too. I need to know how to tweak the camera/POV settings though. Given my TV is fairly high up on a stand, visibility feels really off... especially with the super truck thingy.

But the karts are fun as shit though!

I still have to try the karts.

I noticed that the "look back" doesn't work on many cars (like it shows a closeup of the headrest). I couldn't see shit around me in the F3. It was fine for the front but no look back and the mirrors were kinda useless.

I've only participated in a handful of races so far, but I must say that AMS's AI is absolutely phenomenal. If only Kunos could find the time to implement such a quality system.

Shaneus

I've only participated in a handful of races so far, but I must say that AMS's AI is absolutely phenomenal. If only Kunos could find the time to implement such a quality system.
I haven't even gotten that far yet. Ideally I need to spend a full day to get the most out of it. But again, stupid non-ideal PC gaming setup is annoying. Maybe a trip to Ikea is in order, then it'll be a bit better!

I still have to try the karts.

I noticed that the "look back" doesn't work on many cars (like it shows a closeup of the headrest). I couldn't see shit around me in the F3. It was fine for the front but no look back and the mirrors were kinda useless.

That's the "self in rearview" setting in "display". Set it to off for a clear view. That used to be one of the ini settings you always had to change in the gmotor sims. Thankfully, with their license, Reiza has brought it to the gui.

Megasoum

Banned
That's the "self in rearview" setting in "display". Set it to off for a clear view. That used to be one of the ini settings you always had to change in the gmotor sims. Thankfully, with their license, Reiza has brought it to the gui.

Ohhhh wow good call, I remember now, totally forgot about that.

Ark

Four new cars coming to iRacing this week, and hopefully Imola will be released in a few more weeks.

I haven't been this excited in ages, finally time to crack the wheel & pedals out again :D

Patrick S.

Banned
Speaking of Wheels.

Having had the chance to upgrade to fanatec csw2 set for a reduced price, I have on offer to gaffer:

- for free - G27 (wheel + pedals + shifter)
or
- for 100€ - T500RS (Wheel + F1 Ferrari Wheel + Pedals + TH8A Shifter)

both used but still in good condition. Needs to be picked up near Zurich or pay all shipping costs.

I was the lucky guy who got the G27 that Lach so generously gave away and went through the trouble of sending all the way to Germany. Thanks again, man :)

I briefly played Assetto Corsa and pCars this morning before I had to leave for work. At first I was crashing all the time because the FFB was much stronger than I was anticipating, but I've already gotten a bit better at it, and at least my times are not worse than with the x360 controller anymore haha. I can now, most of the time, catch the Sauber C9 in AC sliding out everywhere at Spa, which is very cool. My next goal is to be able to make it through the first few corners at Imola with the X-Bow, which is where I got stuck in AC's career mode. I'm unable to make it through those corners with the controller, so let's see if I can do it with the wheel :)

Looking forward to playing more with this, but a bit scared of building a wheel stand or cockpit now because at the moment I have no comfortable way of playing this on my big screen in the living room.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what people agree on is the best DIY stand?

terrible

Banned
Is the general consensus that I'd be an idiot not to buy Automobilista while it's on sale on Steam?

I was the lucky guy who got the G27 that Lach so generously gave away and went through the trouble of sending all the way to Germany. Thanks again, man :)

I briefly played Assetto Corsa and pCars this morning before I had to leave for work. At first I was crashing all the time because the FFB was much stronger than I was anticipating, but I've already gotten a bit better at it, and at least my times are not worse than with the x360 controller anymore haha. I can now, most of the time, catch the Sauber C9 in AC sliding out everywhere at Spa, which is very cool. My next goal is to be able to make it through the first few corners at Imola with the X-Bow, which is where I got stuck in AC's career mode. I'm unable to make it through those corners with the controller, so let's see if I can do it with the wheel :)

Looking forward to playing more with this, but a bit scared of building a wheel stand or cockpit now because at the moment I have no comfortable way of playing this on my big screen in the living room.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to what people agree on is the best DIY stand?

Granted I'm not particularly good but that little X-Bow is tricky to push hard in AC, especially on Imola. You just really have to make sure your car is settled before turning in. You have to be smooth as hell. It's way easier to drive in Project CARS.

A very funny tree graphic review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVaUCGTh0Q

The tl;dr summation echoes the ISR review. If you want this game, buy on PS4 as the PC version is a sloppy, unoptimised console port. With very nice trees ;)

I'm addicted to this game (playing on PS4), it's perfect for some mindless driving while listening to some podcasts.

Reminds me of the first DiRT. The low scores Loeb Rally got sadden me greatly.

LostDonkey

Huh? I have the PC version and it's great. I can run it at max settings and 80-100fps, the console version is only a third of that.

Never had an issue with the PC port so far.

I echo this, 3570k+970 and I'm getting over 100fps no stutter. I'm running without vsync on a 120hz panel though so that could be why it's smooth.

Game is great fun.

Top Bottom