• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

RaceManIak

Neo Member
New files from today's PCARS update (aka content of next DLC) :

Eifelwald_Full.bff (probably Nordschleife+GP)
Mercedes_AMG_GT3.bff
Pagani_Zonda_Revo.bff

Zeth

Ordered V3 Clubsport pedals - excited to try them out. My T3PA Pros started having an issue with the potentiometer assembly on one of the pedals - fixable but it's a good excuse for me.

Haven't heard a lot about the "damper kit", will have to see how they are as is first.

Oh yes
https://youtu.be/bmgY0blVDzs

Desert road, Black Cat County, with 3 configurations. March 31.

Jilt

Ordered V3 Clubsport pedals - excited to try them out. My T3PA Pros started having an issue with the potentiometer assembly on one of the pedals - fixable but it's a good excuse for me.

Haven't heard a lot about the "damper kit", will have to see how they are as is first.

Oh yes
https://youtu.be/bmgY0blVDzs

Desert road, Black Cat County, with 3 configurations. March 31.

Any ideas what kind of track that is?
Seems like a fantasy point to point track...?!

Nice pedals!! v3 are on my wish list ;-)

Can I interest anybody in any of these things? ;-)

While not all deals have been fully closed, Reiza are in "advanced negotiations" to deliver the following DLC packs:

• Imola/ITALY (historical & modern variants)
  • Oulton Park/UK
  • Cadwell Park/UK
  • Brands Hatch/UK
  • Hockenheim/GERMANY (historical & modern variants)
  • Hillclimb rally stage (Pikes Peak based) /US
  • Ultima GTR
  • Truck Racing - based on contents from Formula Truck 2013 (free for those who F-Truck 2013)
  • Aussie Racing Car
  • Divisão 3 (Historical Brazilian touring car series)
  • Group B Rally car

Can I interest anybody in any of these things? ;-) Pt. II

rFactor2:

dissa4p8z.gif

Toban Raceway Park / Howston Dissenter

Available now.

Dissenter?!! Perfect name for what is surely a wicked car.

rF2 PR:
Gjon at ISI said:
It’s time for a quick update on what’s going on at ISI. We are currently finishing up a new build, should be out next week. We will continue to develop rF2 into the foreseeable future. We have in the past and will continue in the future to take on other projects as well. This may slow specific rF2 development but it can also augment future features. Things we are working on now may be folded into rF at some later point.

We will continue to develop and release new content such as Toban Raceway available just this week. For me personally, this track has a sublime look and feel. Take any one of the really great cars out and I would vote it the best racing sim experience available today.

We also continue to provide unweavering support for our rFPro effort. This product continues to make significant inroads into the racing and automotive design industry. It’s amazing to see it develop over time. This is also true of our Event version of rF. Along with new partners, there isn’t a day that goes by that rF is not being used commercially somewhere in the world.

The world of rFactor represents a very diverse and vibrant userbase. I could not be more proud of the small handful of dedicated developers that continue to make this happen.
So it seems rF2's development speed goes from glacial to? Hmm, what comes after glacial? Continental drift?

Oh well, I've more circuits and cars than I can ever dream of and the two bugs I keep pestering ISI about are fixed in the next build.

Megasoum

Banned
rF2 PR:
So it seems rF2's development speed goes from glacial to? Hmm, what comes after glacial? Continental drift?

Oh well, I've more circuits and cars than I can ever dream of and the two bugs I keep pestering ISI about are fixed in the next build.

lol that damage control

Megasoum

Banned
I was having a great morning Megasoum and then I read this..

859413440.gif

Some of us are still trying to get over the loss of Bizarre Creations and no more PGR.

I actually plugged back my 360 tonight to play Midnight Club: LA that I bought in the sale last week.... Speaking of arcade racers, I looooove that game.

But now I just realized.... Fuck, I have a 360 plugged in... Might as well dig out my PGR4 disc!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
T150 or G29 if they were the same price? T150 currently £100 on Amazon and apparently the g29 will be the same price on sale this coming Monday.

I figured a belt driven wheel would be nicer to use, but would probably need to mode the pedals at minimum

Also don't have the budget for a wheel stand pro yet so will be clamping the wheel to my PC desk. What's a good way to secure the pedals? Is there. Simple bracket I can attach eg to the desk legs and then hard mount on that?

T150 or G29 if they were the same price? T150 currently £100 on Amazon and apparently the g29 will be the same price on sale this coming Monday.

I figured a belt driven wheel would be nicer to use, but would probably need to mode the pedals at minimum

Also don't have the budget for a wheel stand pro yet so will be clamping the wheel to my PC desk. What's a good way to secure the pedals? Is there. Simple bracket I can attach eg to the desk legs and then hard mount on that?

I'd take the G29 over the T150, but the smoothness and quietness of the T150 is appealing. I couldn't live with those pedals nor the 12bit base resolution however. I'm sure Google can turn up plenty of folks who have some real world experience with them though.

If your desk is up against a wall, you can bridge the gap between the back of the pedals and the wall with some books or something. For a while I had my pedals mounted to small piece of plywood that was long enough to touch the wall.

Zeth

Any ideas what kind of track that is?
Seems like a fantasy point to point track...?!

Nice pedals!! v3 are on my wish list ;-)

Track is a huge road loop with 3 sections/layouts from what I can tell. Maybe Kunos caught wind of Lake Louise's popularity, heh.

Trying to get to grips with the load cell break this weekend. It's quite different, that's for sure. But I'm fairly confident it's more precise than the usual pot breaks once it's calibrated to taste. I'm just a little nervous about the maintenance required, apparently I need to get my hands on some technical vaseline, which is proving difficult.

Maz

Quick question to all the experts out there, just got a transducer and I'm wondering if simvibe is worth the $85 if I'm only using 1 transducer or its just better to get a cheap hdmi audio extracted?

Megasoum

Banned
Is Empty Box a Gaffer? I can't remember who's who anymore between Gaffers and Youtubers....

Anyway... Started watching more of his videos. I don't always agree with his opinions but his races are entertaining to watch.

Megasoum

Banned
I had to format and re-install Windows recently and now pCARS feels....weird...

I can't remember if I had changed any settings before but right now, the actual FFB is fine (like bumps, counter steering and all that) but the wheel feels really stiff... Like there's a lot of spring to center. It takes too much strength just to turn it when I'm cornering.

Neo 007

Just finished 2 laps @ Nurburgring Assetto Corsa with the Mazda 787B.
Accuforce full forcefeedback settings with a bit of smoothing
Arms and hands are TOAST.....I'm done for a while.

Zafir

Not used the g29 but I can give an opinion of the t150 -

I can really recommend the T150 wheel. It feels and runs great. Works with most games too, though there is a few you have to do a bit of tweaking(like Dirt Rally, they haven't got an official config for it or something).

It doesn't seem to have a dead zone, and the force feedback does feel pretty great.

The main downside is the pedals really. They do the job but they aren't great. The logitech g29's seem much better.

I can't really complain at all for £45, though, was an absolute bargain. It's easily worth £100. Down the line I'll probably buy the Thrustmaster upgrades.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I've used both and despite the lack of a belt-driven gear set(which I did much prefer on the Thrustmaster), the G29 is a far superior wheel in terms of overall build and part quality. The real leather wheel on the G29 is very comfy and feels far superior to the hollow plastic and cheap rubber grip on the T150 for starters. In contrast, you will really feel the 'ratchet' clunk of the gear system in the G29, which won't be a large problem per say for many, but after experiencing the smooth feeling of belt-operated feedback in the Thrustmaster line, I could never really go back. Just smooth force effects in every corner fight that doesn't feel like some motor is clunking around inside the wheel unlike the G29.

That said, the T150 does have a few other advantages, such as the button layout and arrangement being far superior(I did not like the organization on the G29), minor detail really that some may not be bothered by. The pedals on the T150 are pretty cheap feeling as well, with almost no throw or progression, whereas the G29 is a much better kit.

If using on PC, the G29 currently has kind of terrible support outside of the most recent games(pCars and I assume Dirt Rally). Every other Codemaster game released 2014 and earlier just did not work, no matter how much time I spent tweaking files to fix. This issue will become less a problem going forward naturally but for now it was a buzzkill. On PS3/4 things were a bit better as GT6 just presumed it was a Driving Force GT wheel, and Driveclub worked(though I felt the Thrustmaster felt a lot better playing it).

Honestly, I got rid of both of these and switched to a Thrustmaster t300rs. Hands-down the best wheel of the three options, and I would handily recommend it above both. If you had to choose from the above two though? Tough call, but I had a better user experience with the T150 despite the G29 having far superior build quality. The T150 is a superb "starter" wheel at a wonderful pricepoint given its relative quality if unwilling to step-up to the t300rs instead.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Appreciate the comments. T300rs is twice the price so might be out of the running at least short term. But if I can squeeze to it I'll do that

Mascot

Appreciate the comments. T300rs is twice the price so might be out of the running at least short term. But if I can squeeze to it I'll do that

Don't skimp on something you'll get a lot of regular use out of. It will annoy you every time you use it.

Dave_6

iRacing question; I've only done maybe a handful of races since I first got a subscription last summer. I did 3 races over the weekend with the Global MX5 which got me the license requirement but my rating is still below a 3 (2.93 I think). Last night I did one more race which I figured would bump me over 3 but I got caught up in a minor first lap incident. Three cars tangled right in front of me and I just couldn't stop quick enough, barely enough damage to the front bumper and didn't affect the car handling. Rest of the race was clean and I finished 3rd but my rating didn't budge. So I have to complete a race without any contact of any kind to make my rating go up? I can't get promoted until it's over a 3.

Makikou

iRacing question; I've only done maybe a handful of races since I first got a subscription last summer. I did 3 races over the weekend with the Global MX5 which got me the license requirement but my rating is still below a 3 (2.93 I think). Last night I did one more race which I figured would bump me over 3 but I got caught up in a minor first lap incident. Three cars tangled right in front of me and I just couldn't stop quick enough, barely enough damage to the front bumper and didn't affect the car handling. Rest of the race was clean and I finished 3rd but my rating didn't budge. So I have to complete a race without any contact of any kind to make my rating go up? I can't get promoted until it's over a 3.

SR is calculated based on how many corners you have on a lap. More corners, more SR. This is why it's relatively hard to get SR on a track that is short vs. longer laps.

Dave_6

SR is calculated based on how many corners you have on a lap. More corners, more SR. This is why it's relatively hard to get SR on a track that is short vs. longer laps.

Ah okay, thanks. I tried looking for this information last night after I finished that race but said screw it and logged off. Guess I'll do another race tonight and see if it goes up.

Sometimes the math comes out to a no-change draw.

Safety Rating is also "live" for quali, and warmup too, so always try and keep it on the black stuff. You can do a time trial or two as well to bump your Safety Rating up if need be. The "rewards" aren't as great, but the risk is a lot lower.

Ah okay, thanks. I tried looking for this information last night after I finished that race but said screw it and logged off. Guess I'll do another race tonight and see if it goes up.

This guy Ed runs a great site that's sometimes is easier to get information your looking for. Some good undocumented tips and tricks too.

http://edracing.com/edr/Home.php

-----------

Here a forum post somebody put together a few years ago on Safety Rating. I thought it might be interesting to non-members to see how this works too, so I'm quoting it here.

Here's the quick and dirty run down of what you probably should know about the SR system:

• - To advance to a higher license, you will have to improve your Safety Rating. The Safety Rating is the only consideration for the license levels. When you have reached a higher license you can lose it again and get demoted if your Safety Rating sinks too much.
  • - Safety Rating is a measure of safety in sessions (Qualifying, Warmup, Race [official and unofficial] and Time Trials). It only takes into account the amount of incident you have for the the amount of corners you have driven through. For the Safety Rating, your qualifying or finishing position do not matter at all. When you drive safely, don't have any incidents and finish last you will be better off than having incidents and finishing first. At least as far as your Safety Rating is concerned.
  • - You have two SR ratings, one for Ovals and one for Road. The category a race falls into is determined by the class of the series ONLY. When the Star Mazda Series visits an Oval (in 2011-1 that would be Richmond Night for example) it still counts towards your Road SR. You can (and will) advance your road and oval licenses seperately. To achieve Oval C you don't need to achieve Road C at the same time. You could be a Pro in Oval but a Rookie in Road.
  • - Road and Oval SR are no longer linked. They were before the 2/2/2010 build but are no longer. You run oval, it stays in oval. You run road, it stays in road. (Thanks Stephen!)
  • - There are four levels of incidents: 0x (light contact with the wall OR light contact with another car), 1x (off track), 2x (hard contact with wall OR lost control) and 4x (hard/critical contact with another car).
  • - The relevant criterion for a 1x off track is the geometric center of the car. You get the 1x if it moves over an illegal track material. Usually anything within the white lines and (at least) the first line of curbing is legal. What is considered legal and illegal, especially several lines of curbing in the same spot, can differ between tracks so make sure to test which lines are considered ok in practice.
  • - You can "inherit" incident points. If you hit another car for a 0x and the other drivers goes off track (collecting a 2x) you will inherit his 2x and get 2x instead of the 0x. As long as the "0x Incident" message at the top of your screen is showing you can inherit points. That's for approximately four seconds.
  • - The Safety Rating is not a tool to penalize you. It is a tool to quantify (make measurable) the "safeness" of a driver. It counts incident points, nothing more. It does not assess blame. It only allows to see which driver has accrued which level of incident points. In the license system, the higher your SR, the higher the class and series you will be allowed to drive in.
  • - While your Safety Rating is calculated from the average of how many corners you go per incident (Corners per Incident, CPI), it is automatically translated into an easier-to-grasp number that is being displayed to you. This will be a number between 1.00 and 4.99.
  • - When you cross any x.00 SR-level, you will get an additional 0.40 boost. If you were 2.99 before a race and gained 0.02 by racing, it would put you at 3.01 after the race. However since you crossed the x.00 threshold, your new SR will be 3.41. This also works the other way around, when you go from 3.01 to 2.99, the 0.40 you were lent when going up will be detracted again and you will end up at 2.59.
  • - When you move up a license level, your SR Rating will generally drop by 1.00. If you were C-4.50 before being promoted to B, you will then be B-3.50.
  • - A higher license level will not hurt you. Any car that you want to drive requires just a minimum license. If you want to drive a D-class car like the Skippy, having an A-class license doesn't hinder you. Promoting to a license higher than the one you need can help you build up a buffer against getting demoted below the level you need to run your desired series however.
  • - You can not get demoted back to Rookie. D-Class is the lowest license level available once you exit the Rookie ranks.
  • - It's easier to gain SR in longer races. More corners means better CPI if you keep the number of incidents the same.
  • - Once you reach 4.99 in any license class, your SR will seemingly not advance anymore. Your CPI however still does. Should you advance a license level or have a few bad races you will still benefit from the invisible "buffer" above 4.99 you have accrued.
  • - When you reach an SR rating of 4.00 or over, you will be immediately promoted to the next higher level if you have met the Minimum Participation Requirements (4 races or 4 time trials in a car of at least the license level of your current license). This is called FastTrack.
  • - FastTrack also works the other way around. If your reach an SR rating of below 1.00, you will be immediately demoted to a lower license level.
  • - To race in a certain series you need to meet the minimum license requirement.
  • - If you have a SR of between 3.00 and 4.00 and met the MPR, you will be promoted at the end of a season. If you have an SR of below 2.00, you will be demoted at the end of a season. This is the regular promotion mechanism.
  • - The higher your license, the slower your SR progress will seem to be. The largest part of this is simply because you already have a high Corners per Incident average. The higher your average is, the harder it is to keep improving it. If you've written just D's in your exams, it'll be easier to improve by writing a C or better. When you've already been getting A's, it's a lot harder to improve on that. The translation of CPI into the SR value also flattens a bit the higher you move up (see the link to Mathieu's graphs at the bottom for details).
  • - This also means it's generally easier to lose SR at higher levels because your average is already relatively high. If you're still in Rookie, a race with with 6 incidents in 10 laps at Lime Rock will likely mean you'll improve your SR, because it means you achieved a higher CPI-average than you had before. If you're already in the A license level, 6 incidents in 10 laps at Lime Rock will mean you'll lose some SR, because it's worse than your prior average. You'll however still have a vastly higher SR than the aforementioned Rookie.
  • - Your CPI is calculated for a limited history of corners. The exact number of corners taken into consideration is not known to me, but the general assumption is that for a Pro license there are 2600 corners taken into consideration. For lower licenses the number is lower. This means that laps in which you had a lot of incidents will sooner or later drop completely out of your CPI calculation.
  • - If you finish with 0 incidents, you will always gain SR. This is because the mechanism of a "weighted moving average" is used to calculated your CPI value. Recent corners (with or without incidents) count more, those towards the end of your history from 10 or so races ago count less. So if you add only clean corners to the front of your history, every incident in your history will be pushed further towards the end and count less, which will make you gain SR even if you did not drop any incidents from your history.
  • - A very bad race with lots of incidents will be moderated through two mechanisms: One is the CPI history of a maximum of 2600 corners, so if you don't follow it up with races that are just as bad, your SR will correct itself soon enough. Two, the CPI is an average over an amount of corners. So your bad race will drop the average but will do so much less than if only the last three races were taken into account.
  • - You practically can't compare SR gains/losses between two drivers. You would need to know the exact CPI history of both drivers for instance. Without knowing the exact history, one driver will drop different corners from the SR calculation than the other.
  • - "Why is it harder to gain SR/easier to lose SR at higher license levels?" - The biggest part of this is that it's harder to maintain a high average than it is to maintain a low average. To maintain a CPI of 25, you only need a CPI of, well, 25. That's quite some incidents in a race you can accrue and still come out with a +/-0 to your SR at the end of a race. You also have a lot of room to improve (and thus a chance to improve by a bigger margin) at lower levels, while at the higher license levels you can not improve as much because you already need a low incident count just to keep your current CPI average.
  • - "I had a 0 inc race but my SR dropped" - There's two likely scenarios here: a) you had incidents in warmup. They count too and they matter for the end-of-race SR change but show in the warmup times table at the bottom of the results page, not the race results table. b) you had incidents in incomplete in-/out-laps. It has been observed that those at times will not show in the final results page. So be careful even after you have crossed the finish line!
  • - They're called "incidents" for a reason. It's not "accidents caused" but "incidents". I'm not a native speaker so you probably get the idea difference immediately but for me and everyone else: Going off track into the grass to avoid a pile up on the track is still an incident. This example also make clear how innocent the implications of an incident are. You can't tell if it was a "good" incident to avoid a bigger mess or a "bad" incident where you caused havoc by driving erratically into T1 and wiping out half the field. It's only an incident, nothing more at that point.
  • - When you run off track for what would normally be a 1x, it won't be an incident if you manage to reduce your speed to below 30mph/50kph before going off track. This can be especially handy when the track in front of you is blocked by spun/crashed cars.

Dave_6

This guy Ed runs a great site that's sometimes is easier to get information your looking for. Some good undocumented tips and tricks too.

http://edracing.com/edr/Home.php

-----------

Here a forum post somebody put together a few years ago on Safety Rating. I thought it might be interesting to non-members to see how this works too, so I'm quoting it here.

Thanks for this! Wealth of info here, bookmarked so I can look it over later!

Last night I fixed my rFactor 2 install after something I downloaded through Workshop toasted it. 100% stolen focus. I haven't figured out what it was yet, but I just wanted vanilla for the Dissenter and Toban anyway. I celebrated it by making a 16:10 video with poor cuts, and an off the podium finish.

EDIT: Now with 50% fewer bad cuts, and 100% more of Marv Albert's thoughts about my poor racecraft.

Maybe after I get my Rift, I'll commit to some proper videos. Recording the OC presents a bunch of new challenges, but actually solves a few for me. Namely I've got a room full of monitors, none of which are Youtube friendly 16:9. Putting graphics and voice overs on 16:10 is like putting lipstick on a pig.

TJP

I'm gonna get all the UK tracks if they have variants (R3E only has Brands Hatch Indy?!?? *eyes rolling*).
R3E has far more car and track licences than people realise - the problem is there are 11 people making the sim and all of their was spent creating the Nurburgring and its configurations.

rF2 PR:

I think Tim should be applauded for being honest; most PR people would have spun a load of BS with grandiose promises that fail to materalise.

The last months of 2015 were pretty damn good for rF2 and this year has been good too. I'd love ISI to nail down aspects of rF2 that should have been fixed ages ago e.g. rain on the windshields ala the infamous video from 2010!

The 3PA program will see a change to the way ISI create content too. Modding teams will be asked by ISI to create car and track mods. ISI have many licences and want to use modding teams if they are interested. I'd imagine only the better modding teams such as United Racing Design and Enduracers (who've just announced a partnership for 3D vehicle models)

It's clear that ISI is working on Rogue System and not rF2.

Sad news for us.
One guy works on that game and he isn't from ISI.

TJP

Last night I fixed my rFactor 2 install after something I downloaded through Workshop toasted it. 100% stolen focus. I haven't figured out what it was yet, but I just wanted vanilla for the Dissenter and Toban anyway.
I've just come back from a short Easter break to find rF2 now runs at 20fps with the latest content installed...nice. No idea why rF2 has shit the bed but it has.

Edit: unsubscribed from all the workshop content & deleted rF2. Downloaded rF2 'fresh' with just the ISI content subscribed and I updated to the latest Nvidia driver. With that, I'm back to rF2 running well above 60fps (FWIW 80-120fps) with max settings and a 25 car grid in dry conditions. I'm completely lost as to what the issue was causing the sim to run at 18-20fps as I've never had rF2 perform that bad ever, even when I was using a GTX 570 back in 2012.

R3E has far more car and track licences than people realise - the problem is there are 11 people making the sim and all of their was spent creating the Nurburgring and its configurations.
I know, I already owned about 60-70% of the tracks, bought a bunch of cars in the easter sale as well. Just regarding car "feel", it's probably my favorite racing game now.

I've just come back from a short Easter break to find rF2 now runs at 20fps with the latest content installed...nice. No idea why rF2 has shit the bed but it has.

Edit: unsubscribed from all the workshop content & deleted rF2. Downloaded rF2 'fresh' with just the ISI content subscribed and I updated to the latest Nvidia driver. With that, I'm back to rF2 running well above 60fps (FWIW 80-120fps) with max settings and a 25 car grid in dry conditions. I'm completely lost as to what the issue was causing the sim to run at 18-20fps as I've never had rF2 perform that bad ever, even when I was using a GTX 570 back in 2012.

Well done.

With the introduction of Workshop, I've been liberally breaking my own rule of keeping mods to a minimum. Like clockwork, something won't jive and next thing you know I'm reinstalling.

Next time I must remember to keep my controller config though because, Lawd, there's a lot mapping to be done in this sim! Clutch bite point is junk too (see vid). I can't remember exactly what I had done to it before... EDIT: I think I may have had a healthy "minimum" on it.

TJP

Well done.

With the introduction of Workshop, I've been liberally breaking my own rule of keeping mods to a minimum. Like clockwork, something won't jive and next thing you know I'm reinstalling.
I don't normally install many mods across all of my sims as most are a load of crap to be blunt; the exceptions prove the rule. I know that's harsh but it's my experience to this point.

I had the paid for URD mods, the Virtua_LM tracks, Ferrari 458 Challenge FVA rip, Enduracers 911 GT and a a modded UI installed - all apart from URD comes from the workshop. I'm still flummoxed as to how and why my rF2 install cacked itself with two new addtions but as it's back to working as ISI intended after a full re-install, I wonder no more.

The last months of 2015 were pretty damn good for rF2 and this year has been good too. I'd love ISI to nail down aspects of rF2 that should have been fixed ages ago e.g. rain on the windshields ala the infamous video from 2010!
I think I mentioned this before, but all I'm really waiting for now is for ISI to:

-Fix the full course yellow bug on Ovals (coming in next week's update)
-Make the rain look like the video you mentioned
-Have the AI try different tyre strategies.

I'm felt satisfied by rF2 well over a year ago though, so can't really complain.
I'm still flummoxed as to how and why my rF2 install cacked itself with two new addtions but as it's back to working as ISI intended after a full re-install, I wonder no more.
You've already fixed it, but did you try verifying the game files through Steam?
Last night I fixed my rFactor 2 install after something I downloaded through Workshop toasted it. 100% stolen focus.
Oh boy does that sound familiar. Many a time has a 'sneaky 2 hour gaming window' turned into '2 hours of tech support'. The last one being Just Cause 3 corrupting my drivers and causing (no pun intended) other games to run horribly.

TJP

I think I mentioned this before, but all I'm really waiting for now is for ISI to:

-Fix the full course yellow bug on Ovals (coming in next week's update)
-Make the rain look like the video you mentioned
-Have the AI try different tyre strategies.

I'm felt satisfied by rF2 well over a year ago though, so can't really complain.
I think for all the doom and gloom rF2 is looking okay for the long haul. rF2 is always going to look like a busted pie but the FFB and advanced physics are its selling points, along with the modding and that won't change for the worse anytime soon. It's still the most feature rich sim available today. There are lots of rumours around the internet about ISI being in trouble and the fractured relationship between rFPro and ISI - ISI have largely silenced those blogs and people in the recent days.

I want ISI to give me Suzuka and the GT500 car they promised when Noah was still building his ark.

You've already fixed it, but did you try verifying the game files through Steam?
I tried to fix rF2 through Steam without success; I did delete the player json file and that did sweet FA too. Only a complete re-install fixed the mess as no car or track combo could get about 20fps. No virus issues when I ran a scan so who knows what the issue was - might have been nothing more than a dodgy/broken update from ISI.

Oh boy does that sound familiar. Many a time has a 'sneaky 2 hour gaming window' turned into '2 hours of tech support'. The last one being Just Cause 3 corrupting my drivers and causing (no pun intended) other games to run horribly.
Ouch!

This is the first time in ages I've been lost at sea with an issue. One of the few downsides to PC gaming is that when an issue occurs, it's usually expensive or time consuming to fix & often both ;) Still not tempted to buy a PS4 yet ;)

Top Bottom