• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

Makikou

I'd love to get into R3E more if the setup screen was actually useable, it would have saving/loading of setups, triple screen support et cetera.

It's just missing too many crucial features for me.

TJP

I'd love to get into R3E more if the setup screen was actually useable, it would have saving/loading of setups, triple screen support et cetera.

It's just missing too many crucial features for me.
R3E has been in a sorry state feature wise for quite some time however the missing features are slowly being added into R3E. Any criticisms you can think of, J-F probably mentioned in the ISR interview :) The guys at Sector 3 know only too well what R3E doesn't have compared to SimBin releases of yesteryear and the sims available today.

Saving and loading of setups are coming - they're being tested now, triple screen support is on the to-do list, 99 car grids with 54 visable are coming to longer tracks such as the Nurburgring and Spa, races based on lap numbers as well as timed events and variable fuel and tyre strategies are coming too. We even have menu music again ;) It's a slow trickle towards being feature rich and I have no doubts Sector 3 will provide a rich experience in the near future.

Regarding the larger grids: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/bigger-grids.4586/ I've run 99 GT3 cars (54 visable & AI cockpits loaded) at Nurburgring VLN course with the default high graphical preset and my own settings and R3E ran with two exceptions (likely hitching due to engine restraints) at 60fps or higher. Hitching may be present for some systems with weaker GPU's and certainly CPU's as R3E, like almost all sims, really likes CPU horsepower.

That all said, I've found using the high preset and then turning off FXAA, motion blur and turning off AI cockpit loading - a feature that costs between 10fps and 15fps and useful only in replays - means 99 car grids are very doable.

Thankfully ROBO C.H.I.C knows where it's at.

zk6eCKv.jpg

Note: the car never appears in the movie. Nor the girl.

Watevaman

My GTX570 died last week so I decided to buy a GTX960 to replace it. I haven't had a lot of time to try out my games in great depth but I did play R3E for about 45 minutes last night. With the 570, performance wasn't necessarily bad but it was just at the cusp of what I'd call smooth for racing games. Now, with the 960 it was like butter, even coupled with my old Phenom II processor. I tried a bunch of tracks at various times of day and I must say I don't trust anyone who thinks R3E isn't a good looking game. I was playing on Zandvoort National with the Calsonic R32 and coming around to what I think is turn 4 on that layout, the sunrise came into view and the AI locking brakes created a great cloud of smoke that covered the track. It was beautiful.

I personally can't wait for the Nord to be released (this week?) and maybe have multiclass sessions.

Oh, and maybe we can get Sebring in the future? That's still my favorite track to race with the ALMS mod in GTR2.

edit: I'm also looking forward to testing AC with the new card. It kept around 60fps on some reduced settings but dipped sometime. Hopefully I can run with v-sync and keep a steady 60 now.

Looks like Bernie's cronies have come for Automobilista directly after throwing haymakers at RaceDepartment and their hosted mods.

http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-store-page-on-steam.284/

Renato Simioni said:
The Steam store page for Automobilista has been taken down due to a copyright infringement claim which had been submitted to Valve.

As is known, Automobilista packages a variety of officially licensed cars & brands alongside fictionalized, originally created content. The claim in question does not make any specific reference to content present in Automobilista supposedly in infringement of the party´s copyright - until it does, our belief is that it has no merit.

We have already taken the appropriate measures to resolve the issue ASAP, but in accordance to Valve´s policy, the process may take a few days to be completed.

In the meantime time we will continue to progress with the development of Automobilista, and intend to release another Early Access update shortly. The game is available for purchase as part of our Membership packages from our forum store.

Please understand that until the matter is fully resolved, we may not be able to discuss it.

Stefano Casillo said:
By the way, let us say a few words about VR, which is an open and quite talked-about issue at the moment. As you know, Kunos Simulazioni has been supporting the Oculus Rift since the release of the very first kit, and the American company also chose Assetto Corsa for its events thanks to the immersion achieved by Assetto Corsa with its products, up to the DevKit 2. The third time around, the SDK provided by the company to support its device was radically changed, and we simply cannot update the code in Assetto Corsa every time this happens; we need to completely rewrite the dedicated rendering structure. That’s not easy or cheap, as you could probably imagine.

Although the retail version of Oculus Rift is finally available, at the moment our core team is focused on the submission and release of Assetto Corsa for consoles, which at the same time brings a huge update for the PC version with the 1.5 build thanks to the fact that part of the code is shared between the platforms. Since working on Oculus support requires us to allocate extra time and resources – because of its complexity it cannot be managed easily or in a few days – we will have to take a moment and consider when our current development schedule will allow us to do so, but realistically not before this summer. Our aim is to support VR – and not necessarily only the Oculus Rift – when we will be able to take the time and resources required.
We fully understand that people who have invested in the purchase of a VR device want to use it as much as possible, and we know that Assetto Corsa guaranteed a ton of fun with the Oculus SDK2 (that could only be better with the retail version), therefore we promise that we will take the time to evaluate the option of creating proper VR support in harmony with other tasks and priorities that we have already scheduled.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-v1-5-dev-diary-part-33/

Hm. Could that be a hint at PSVR?

I'm not sure I see any hints, but I'd be very surprised if they went through all the work to do a proper VR implementation and didn't include PSVR. I don't think their problems are platform specific. It's stuff like menus and UI, and underlying engine deficiencies. Typical retrofitting issues. Their DK2 support had absolutely none of this done. The VR driving was wicked, but it was incredibly barebones.

Onemic

Hey racing GAF. After being interested in Dirt Rally and a racing wheel because of VR and then being fucking blown away by rally vids Im going all in on getting a legit wheel for future racing games. Right now I'm probably gonna get Dirt Rally immediately and maybe Project Cars once my Vive comes in.

Now my current issue is getting a good racing wheel to really enhance the experience when I get my Vive later in May. Currently Im looking to get a Thurstmaster as they seem to have the best price/performance ratio, compatibility with various games, and swappable parts. Right now I'm set on:

TH8A Gear shift attachment
T3PA Pro pedal attachment
T300/T150 Racing Wheel

My question is whether the the T300 is worth the near double asking price of the T150. I read a bit of the posts earlier and it seems that the T300 has serious durability issues?(One post said it has a 30% failure rate) Any explanation on this is highly appreciated. Other Thrustmaster wheel recommendations are fine too.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey racing GAF. After being interested in Dirt Rally and a racing wheel because of VR and then being fucking blown away by rally vids Im going all in on getting a legit wheel for future racing games. Right now I'm probably gonna get Dirt Rally immediately and maybe Project Cars once my Vive comes in.

Now my current issue is getting a good racing wheel to really enhance the experience when I get my Vive later in May. Currently Im looking to get a Thurstmaster as they seem to have the best price/performance ratio, compatibility with various games, and swappable parts. Right now I'm set on:

T300/T150 Racing Wheel

My question is whether the the T300 is worth the near double asking price of the T150. I read a bit of the posts earlier and it seems that the T300 has serious durability issues?(One post said it has a 30% failure rate) Any explanation on this is highly appreciated. Other Thrustmaster wheel recommendations are fine too.

I would totally go with the T300 (or the TX if you want XB1 compatiblity instead of Playstation... Or if you just don't care about consoles).

The mechanics are much better. Thrustmaster is not the most reliable company for sure but they have good waranty and service to swap it out if needed.

Also I'm not sure that the T150 is necessarly much more reliable than the other ones... I think the sample size is just much smaller (almost nobody has a T150 compared to T300/TX/T500) so who knows.

Not only are the internal mechanics better with the higher end wheels but you also have the option of changing the rim in the future if you want. I use the 599 Alcantara leather rim and this thing is fucking incredible.

Onemic

I would totally go with the T300 (or the TX if you want XB1 compatiblity instead of Playstation... Or if you just don't care about consoles).

The mechanics are much better. Thrustmaster is not the most reliable company for sure but they have good waranty and service to swap it out if needed.

Also I'm not sure that the T150 is necessarly much more reliable than the other ones... I think the sample size is just much smaller (almost nobody has a T150 compared to T300/TX/T500) so who knows.

Not only are the internal mechanics better with the higher end wheels but you also have the option of changing the rim in the future if you want. I use the 599 Alcantara leather rim and this thing is fucking incredible.

T300 it is then, since PS4 support is also necessary for me as I may also get PSVR and will most definitely get the next Gran Turismo.

How long is the warranty and how good is their customer support for the T300?

Getting all those items combined would cost me $903

T300/T150 Racing Wheel

Hi there. Racing VR is best VR :)

You can buy all that stuff sure. However, if you had no interest in racing games before VR, and perhaps when the honeymoon is over your interest may wane, it's OK to be prudent now. You don't need $600 worth of equipment to have a good time. A T150 by itself might be 95% of what you're looking for.

Your questions answered though;

Yes, the T300 is worth the upgrade. No, I wouldn't worry too much about failure rates and such. That stuff is usually pretty fluid and never seems accurately representative.

Onemic

Hi there. Racing VR is best VR :)

You can buy all that stuff sure. However, if you had no interest in racing games before VR, and perhaps when the honeymoon is over your interest may wane, it's OK to be prudent now. You don't need $600 worth of equipment to have a good time. A T150 by itself might be 95% of what you're looking for.

Your questions answered though;

Yes, the T300 is worth the upgrade. No, I wouldn't worry too much about failure rates and such. That stuff is usually pretty fluid and never seems accurately representative.

I've always loved racing games, but I was a GT loyalist to the bone.(except when I got Forza 2/3 when I didnt have a PS3 yet) I remember when the thrustmaster T500 came out when GT4 released and I was dreaming about getting it even though it was wayyyy out of my price range since I was only in high school. I wrote off the first Dirt simply because it wasnt GT because to me that was the absolute pinnacle of a racing sim. I havent played a racing game/sim since GT4 though, so Dirt Rally and VR pretty much reinvigorated my love for the genre.

T300 it is then, since PS4 support is also necessary for me as I may also get PSVR and will most definitely get the next Gran Turismo.

I'd get a standard T300, no shifter and basic pedals without clutch. When you played DiRT and Assetto Corsa, you will know if this wheel racing is for you and then you can still upgrade to other Thrustmaster eco system parts. On the failure rate: 30% must be exaggerated, but listen to your fan and be aware that there are games that have more stressing FFB than others (DiRT is fine, pCARS' out-of-the-box FFB can be very harsh and stiff in cars with wide tyres and extreme downforce, be a little careful and you won't have problems...). Some people upgrade the internal fan, not sure if that really helps so much, but a fan is not very cost intensive. I used my TX probably more than 1000h since I bought it and didn't have problems so far (but I'm also fine with lower forces and don't like to stress it).

Also you meant GT5 not 4, right?

I've always loved racing games, but I was a GT loyalist to the bone.(except when I got Forza 2/3 when I didnt have a PS3 yet) I remember when the thrustmaster T500 came out when GT4 released and I was dreaming about getting it even though it was wayyyy out of my price range since I was only in high school. I wrote off the first Dirt simply because it wasnt GT because to me that was the absolute pinnacle of a racing sim. I havent played a racing game/sim since GT4 though, so Dirt Rally and VR pretty much reinvigorated my love for the genre.

Oh good. Carry on!

Onemic

I'd get a standard T300, no shifter and basic pedals without clutch. When you played DiRT and Assetto Corsa, you will know if this wheel racing is for you and then you can still upgrade to other Thrustmaster eco system parts. On the failure rate: 30% must be exaggerated, but listen to your fan and be aware that there are games that have more stressing FFB than others (DiRT is fine, pCARS' out-of-the-box FFB can be very harsh and stiff in cars with wide tyres and extreme downforce, be a little careful and you won't have problems...). Some people upgrade the internal fan, not sure if that really helps so much, but a fan is not very cost intensive. I used my TX probably more than 1000h since I bought it and didn't have problems so far (but I'm also fine with lower forces and don't like to stress it).

Assetto Corsa is good? How does it stack up to project Cars?

And yes I meant GT4. I didnt play the PS3 versions because everyone kept shitting on 5 and 6.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Just a heads-up, but Amazon is currently selling the T300 for $299US($100 discount). Great deal really that edges it closer to the asking price of the T150 anyway. As I mentioned above, having used a G29 and T150, the T300 is the one I ultimately stuck with and is easily my favorite of the bunch. Well worth it as it has perfect support for PC, PS3, and PS4 and just feels great to use overall.

You may want to look into a Wheelstandpro(or a similar stand) as well unless you have a good mounting option for your desk/play area(and a way to keep the pedals from sliding). I know this adds to the cost, but its something to keep in mind.

Oh and if you are really concerned about the failure rate, the latest drivers for the wheel add the option to activate the fan at all times(instead of auto-activation when heat reaches certain levels) very easily. Don't be too fearful of issues occurring though, its a popular wheel and lots of people haven't run into a problem.

terrible

Banned

Also you meant GT5 not 4, right?

If I ever find the thread that had the failure rates again I'll post it but yeah, these Thrustmaster wheels seem to fail on people a lot more than they should. The right paddle shifter in my TX was broken out if the box otherwise my TX and T300 have been fine but it's only a matter of time before they break I worry. Boy are they fun when working though. I took the gamble twice even though I knew of their issues so I still recommend them but people should be aware of everything.

Just look through here to see how many people have problems.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
If I ever find the thread that had the failure rates again I'll post it but yeah, these Thrustmaster wheels seem to fail on people a lot more than they should. The right paddle shifter in my TX was broken out if the box otherwise my TX and T300 have been fine but it's only a matter of time before they break I worry. Boy are they fun when working though. I took the gamble twice even though I knew of their issues so I still recommend them but people should be aware of everything.

Just look through here to see how many people have problems.

I will add that my T300 did fail a few weeks ago(I posted about it pages ago), but I still went back for another one given how much I still prefer it over the competition. Sucks, but fortunately mine died within the 30-day refund period for an easy swap.

Onemic

Just a heads-up, but Amazon is currently selling the T300 for $299US($100 discount). Great deal really that edges it closer to the asking price of the T150 anyway. As I mentioned above, having used a G29 and T150, the T300 is the one I ultimately stuck with and is easily my favorite of the bunch. Well worth it as it has perfect support for PC, PS3, and PS4 and just feels great to use overall.

You may want to look into a Wheelstandpro(or a similar stand) as well unless you have a good mounting option for your desk/play area(and a way to keep the pedals from sliding). I know this adds to the cost, but its something to keep in mind.

Oh and if you are really concerned about the failure rate, the latest drivers for the wheel add the option to activate the fan at all times(instead of auto-activation when heat reaches certain levels) very easily. Don't be too fearful of issues occurring though, its a popular wheel and lots of people haven't run into a problem.

It's 100% necessary to get a stand? I have carpet flooring and will get the T3PA pro.

I was able to find an equivalent deal on NCIX for 409CDN so I'm gonna go with that.

terrible

Banned
You'll need to rig something up to make sure the pedals don't move under heavy braking if you don't get a playseat/wheelstand type deal. That's the main thing. Mounting the wheel to a desk or table is totally fine, the clamp is really good.

Onemic

What's the difference between Assetto Corsa and Project: Cars, which would you pick over the other, and why?

You'll need to rig something up to make sure the pedals don't move under heavy braking if you don't get a playseat/wheelstand type deal. That's the main thing. Mounting the wheel to a desk or table is totally fine, the clamp is really good.

My PC is against a wall so I can probably whip up a crude solution to make sure it wont move. The $230 asking price is too high for me right now considering what I'm already spending.

T300 has been ordered. I'll probably get it sometime next week.

Megasoum

Banned
What's the difference between Assetto Corsa and Project: Cars, which would you pick over the other, and why?

My PC is against a wall so I can probably whip up a crude solution to make sure it wont move. The $230 asking price is too high for me right now considering what I'm already spending.

T300 has been ordered. I'll probably get it sometime next week.

Both are sims.

Personnaly I prefer the pCARS physics but they are both great in that aspect.

pCARS has a lot more content than base AC package but AC has potential for gettings mods which can add a lot of stuff over time. pCARS doesn't really have mods.

pCARS has an actual single player career where you can progress all the way from Karts to Formula 1 and Endurance Prototypes.

Personally I very much prefer pCARS but both games are great.

Onemic

I have heard that Project cars career mode already unlocks everything for you though, sorta making it redundant. Is this true? What makes it more like GT than Assetto Corsa

Megasoum

Banned
I have heard that Project cars career mode already unlocks everything for you though, sorta making it redundant. Is this true? What makes it more like GT than Assetto Corsa

It's not a car collecting game, it's a racing game.

The point of the career is to progress through your driver's career from the lower classes (karts for example) all the way up to the pinnacle of racing.

There's no money or upgrades or anything like that... It's not that kind of game.

Onemic

It's not a car collecting game, it's a racing game.

The point of the career is to progress through your driver's career from the lower classes (karts for example) all the way up to the pinnacle of racing.

There's no money or upgrades or anything like that... It's not that kind of game.

Oh, so you still start from lower classes and work your way up? You cant just go straight to the higher classes from the start?

Megasoum

Banned
Oh, so you still start from lower classes and work your way up? You cant just go straight to the higher classes from the start?

This is an image of the Career start screen. This might be from a pre-release version of the game, I'm not sure... It's an old screenshot...anyway

You go from left to right through the Tiers.

You can start wherever you want in this grid and go up from there.You also get a TON of invitational events during the career that lets you drive different cars. So, for example, you might be doing a GT3 season where all the main events will be with the same GT3 car but you will get a bunch of invitational events in between where you drive a bunch of different cars in different races.

Also this is the career... You can also do Single Week-end races or time trials where ever you want with any cars and any settings (day/night cycle, rain, thunderstorm, etc etc).

B0BD47AB4FD69D02E80884AE4D005B6A53A641A1

Onemic

This is an image of the Career start screen. This might be from a pre-release version of the game, I'm not sure... It's an old screenshot...anyway

You go from left to right through the Tiers.

You can start wherever you want in this grid and go up from there.You also get a TON of invitational events during the career that lets you drive different cars. So, for example, you might be doing a GT3 season where all the main events will be with the same GT3 car but you will get a bunch of invitational events in between where you drive a bunch of different cars in different races.

Also this is the career... You can also do Single Week-end races or time trials where ever you want with any cars and any settings (day/night cycle, rain, thunderstorm, etc etc).

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536262266607681250/B0BD47AB4FD69D02E80884AE4D005B6A53A641A1/[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I'll get Pcars then

TJP

Assetto Corsa is a modding platform with a great selection of Italian cars and mostly laser scanned tracks. There are tonnes of mods on Race Department and range from sublime to crap. At least the good folk at RD have a rating system so it's very easy to sort the great from the also-rans. The career mode is bare bones, the AI are WIP and there is no changeable weather. FFB and physics are often stated to be amongst the best in the PC sim racing genre.

pCARS is more of a 'traditional' racing game in that the single player is well fleshed out, the sim has changable time of day and weather and joins rFactor 2 as the only 'modern' sim to do so. FFB is good once fettled and the physics - always a topic that is highly subjective - sit between the rFactor 2' and Forza/GT. pCARS was made without modding support so there won't be a hell of a lot of add-on content outside the DLC.

In an ideal world you'd grab both however it appears you favour pCARS which is a solid choice.

TJP

Bsimracing has the news: http://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-v1-5-dev-diary-part-33/

Tyres:
Starting with tyres; the 1.5 build optimises the work started with the previous version and brings all the cars to the latest tyre model and tyre features. Tyres have now a more realistic load sensitivity, a variable grip curve after the peak, closer performance level between compounds, a brand-new surface and core heating model as well as more realistic heating operation range.

Pitstops:
One of the most awaited features for single player is finally here. Pitstop functionalities open Assetto Corsa to endurance racing thanks to the option of refuelling the car and changing tyres, using the compounds available for each single car. The pitstop menu also allows repair to the car body (that affects aerodynamics), suspensions or the engine, with the same functionalities available for multiplayer racing.

AI:
we have not stopped to keep tweaking and improving our artificial intelligence. Significant improvements have been made, more specifically the AI are now more skilled at navigating through traffic and handle racing situations, offering users who prefer single-player modes an increased level of challenge and more realistic racing environment.

Cars:
We are glad to confirm that the Mazda brand has joined Assetto Corsa and will be represented by some of its most iconic models: the first-generation Miata and the brutal and awesome 787B will be added to Assetto Corsa as free updates later this year. The 2015 MX-5, MX-5 2015 Cup and the RX-7 will be part of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Japanese Pack, available on Steam by May 18th. The most-wanted pack, including a number of vehicles requested by the community, will feature the new Mazda MX-5 road/cup car, the RX-7, the 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo, the Nissan GT-R 34, the Toyota Supra in three versions, and the Toyota AE-86 in two versions.

Random news:
The console version of Assetto Corsa will hit the shelves on June 3, and a new package including the Ferrari 488 GTB, FXX K, Praga R1 and Audi A1 S1 will also be available on Steam.

The production of the Spielberg A1 Ring circuit has already started, and our plan is to release the new laser-scanned circuit in time for the Formula 1 race weekend (July 3) to allow AC users to “taste” and enjoy the race even more.

On the physics side, we have scheduled a task related to brakes, possibly with the cooperation of a widely known brand, in order to simulate how temperatures affect the performance and efficiency of braking systems. 

We also have a new algorithm for AWD drivetrain that it giving promising results in the numerical simulation and that we plan to port to the AC engine soon. The new system will allow a more accurate simulation of AWD cars with unequal torque distribution.

TJP

Wouldn't surprise me if the dickhead running PRC had a hand in this; he probably reported it to the FOM ;)

I say this because he previously reported Reiza's crowdfunding campaign for a supposed violation of the ToS even though he never contributed a cent. I see he was crapping on about "How will crowdfunding refunds work if F1 finds out they took other peoples money to build a car that violated copyright laws?" on RD.

The guy is a nutter and was thankfully banned from RD for a while ;)

Edit: The opening line was slightly tongue in cheek. I think Reiza made a few skins way to close to the real teams and got into hot water.

Oooh, if Kunos have finally sorted their AI out, I'll really need to give their sim another go. Not played it for many many months, simply due to the AI. And endurance racing? Now I'm interested.

ShamePain

Banned
Looks like AC is gonna get a pretty fleshed out car list by the end of this year. The track list isn't too bad either. I'll be buying every DLC they offer when it hits consoles, hopefully it sells enough to grant further updates, doesn't really need a sequel.

Mascot

Pitstops:

The accompanying image suggests animated pit crews. Has this been confirmed? If so I'd be interested to see how these cope with car mods. Some sort of automatic tethering system between the fuel nozzle/tank inlet and pit crew hands/tyres? The varying fuel inlet positions on different cars was cited as one of the main reasons why animated pit stops were abandoned in pCARS 1, and this was on a known car list. Kudos to Kunos if they've got an elegant solution to this.

Dave_6

I'm very excited for the AC 1.5 update today! Also excited to get the Nordschleife for R3E if it's releasing today. Too bad they still don't offer a pack for the GT3 cars.

Wouldn't surprise me if the dickhead running PRC had a hand in this; he probably reported it to the FOM ;)

I say this because he previously reported Reiza's crowdfunding campaign for a supposed violation of the ToS even though he never contributed a cent. I see he was crapping on about "How will crowdfunding refunds work if F1 finds out they took other peoples money to build a car that violated copyright laws?" on RD.

The guy is a nutter and was thankfully banned from RD for a while ;)

Edit: The opening line was slightly tongue in cheek. I think Reiza made a few skins way to close to the real teams and got into hot water.

Renato dropped the mic on the PRC kid's head yesterday in the RD thread about this story. Loved it!

I'm very excited for the AC 1.5 update today! Also excited to get the Nordschleife for R3E if it's releasing today. Too bad they still don't offer a pack for the GT3 cars.

You can buy the ADAC GT Masters pack and then buy cheap GT3 liveries for those cars, they will count as GT3 cars then (I think! ...can't try to confirm it now as the servers are down).

Watevaman

Renato dropped the mic on the PRC kid's head yesterday in the RD thread about this story. Loved it!

You know, I tend to stay out of drama and stuff and it's gotten to the point where I don't even watch any sim videos on Youtube anymore because some people just want to shit on others, be it in the video itself or in the comments, but it's nice to see a dev come out and put a shithead in their place.

I just don't understand what it is about sim racing especially that causes such a divisive crowd. I can understand not enjoying one sim as much as the other, but know what? If I don't like one, I just don't play it! There's no need to go onto forums of the game you don't like and talk shit about it. I've had plenty of bad experiences with some of the latest sims, but it's like this: I don't get a bad meal at McDonalds, then go into all the other McDonalds and start yelling about how crappy they are and that people should eat at Burger King. I just stop going to McDonalds.

Onemic

Holy shit, I think I've fallen in love with rally. I've just been reading on the history of the sport and various onboard videos from the WRC. Everything from the locations, to the driving style to the cars that are more grounded in mass produced production cars than flat out specialty cars(At least in group A) interests the hell outta me. I remember I hated rally back when I was playing the hell outta GT2 as a kid simply because they were by far the most difficult type of racing to me since I'd always spin out(I didnt really understand the concept of braking back then) and due to the more boxy shape of the cars. Hopefully once Dirt Rally finishes downloading I can give the game a good spin.

Are there any good group B vids lying around? I hear this is the golden era of the sport because those things were stupid fast and spectators got dangerously close to the cars.

Makikou

Holy shit, I think I've fallen in love with rally. I've just been reading on the history of the sport and various onboard videos from the WRC. Everything from the locations, to the driving style to the cars that are more grounded in mass produced production cars than flat out specialty cars(At least in group A) interests the hell outta me. I remember I hated rally back when I was playing the hell outta GT2 as a kid simply because they were by far the most difficult type of racing to me since I'd always spin out(I didnt really understand the concept of braking back then) and due to the more boxy shape of the cars. Hopefully once Dirt Rally finishes downloading I can give the game a good spin.

Are there any good group B vids lying around? I hear this is the golden era of the sport because those things were stupid fast and spectators got dangerously close to the cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAbv07cJC9A

30 minutes of this i guess? :D

Also here's Chris Harris getting a ride onboard of a Delta S4, Stratos & 037.. Great stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXgWWNJVdYA

Top Bottom