• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Via Reddit

Promo code PR-BF2013 now working on the iRacing checkout to get a years subs for $49

Do it! Just resubbed myself. Stoked to get back into it.

Where do you put the code in? Pushing the "Redeem Promo Code" button on the My Account page does nothing.

I think your first link is incorrect...

Not a bad idea, the latency of motion rigs is what makes products like Simvibe more appealing to me, so the focus on reducing latency here is promising. But I think this product will have a limited appeal due to the practicality of strapping something to your head. Lots of sim enthusiasts will be investing in VR headsets in the next few years, I found the Rift alone to be uncomfortable enough, but perhaps they can integrate it nicely into the helmet design.

Racing cars aren't supposed to be comfortable, so this could be great for driver testing/training, but maybe too much for a home setup.

They also might run into problems getting it safety approved... for instance if that thing screwed up and gave your head a jolt in the wrong direction as you were tensing your muscles for some heavy braking, it could result in some nasty neck injuries.

I think your first link is incorrect...

Not a bad idea, the latency of motion rigs is what makes products like Simvibe more appealing to me, so the focus on reducing latency here is promising. But I think this product will have a limited appeal due to the practicality of strapping something to your head. Lots of sim enthusiasts will be investing in VR headsets in the next few years, I found the Rift alone to be uncomfortable enough, but perhaps they can integrate it nicely into the helmet design.

Racing cars aren't supposed to be comfortable, so this could be great for driver testing/training, but maybe too much for a home setup.

They also might run into problems getting it safety approved... for instance if that thing screwed up and gave your head a jolt in the wrong direction as you were tensing your muscles for some heavy braking, it could result in some nasty neck injuries.

That was my first thought as well. I'm not sure it's the best idea to put your head in harm's way from a product you got on Kickstarter. OK, it's no automatic balls shaver, but it does set off the same think-this-through alarm.

Reiza Studios FB page: 'GSC2013 v1.10 wrapped. Final tests before official release...'

Nice. I was wondering where that was. They've had a lot of time to straighten things out. I'll be interested in seeing that change log.

TJP

That's so bizarre...
Indeed.

Official GSC Thread is the Audi R8 in the picture below...
blur-image.jpg

I could've sworn we had a GSC/FT/Reiza thread! My apologies. (had a look, couldn't find one :/)
Make it so.

TJP

GSC2013 v1.10 - Official Release: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/gsc2013-v1-10-official-release-thread.78015/

V1.10 Main Changelog:

General
- Added GSC Sync tool for a simplified auto-update proceduresfor future developments of the game;
- Corrected bug that could prompt "Fingerprint Mismatch";
- Corrected bug that prevented some 3rd party plugins from functioning properly;
- Corrected minor UI bugs;

Cars
- Corrected onboard cameras for various cars;
- Corrected Copersucar .gen bug which could cause online mismatches;
- Corrected skinning / naming / numbering bugs in various cars;

Tracks
- Fixed various animated flag issues;
- Tweaked AI for several kart layouts;
- Various Track Camera tweaks
- Increased car capacity to 34 at Cordoba and Taruma

Physics

StockV8
- Minor inertia and tyre adjustments.

F-Reiza
- Reduced engine speed heating to correct engine overheating too quickly;
- Significant tyre adjustments to both soft and medium compounds, both in terms of handling (basically giving the tires more front bite) and wear / heating (about 0.5s in laptimes between the two, with the mediums lasting roughly 20% more). Inertia values also adjusted;

F-Classic
- Minor inertia and tyre adjustments;
- Added a qualifying tyre compound, good for a single Senna-style qualifying lap only, roughly 1.5s faster than the regular race tires but it needs to be properly managed. Push too hard on the outlap and it will be off before you finish the flying lap.

F-Retro

F-3
- Reduced engine speed heating to correct engine overheating too quickly;

Camaro SS

Mini

Opala
- Minor inertia and tyre adjustments;
- Adjusted height and wheel graphical offsets to make the car´s height and attitude a little more accurate - does add some clipping of the front wheels to the fenders a high steer angles however. These don´t affect handling.

Karts
- Tyres substantially revamped for v1.00, handling and FFB much improved.

Audio
- Improved internal sounds for Formula Retro;
- Various adjustments to kart, Opala & StockV8 sounds.

Download links: http://192.210.144.210/downloads/GSC2013_v110_UPDATE.rar

Mirror site download: http://www.reizastudios.com/downloads/GSC2013_v110_UPDATE.rar

Shaneus

Jeezoice! Ha, love 'Binho. Good to see him to some official promo work for Reiza.
That's a bloody big rap as well... not just saying "it's a great sim" but getting in depth regarding *what* feels so great about it.

I wanna know how Reiza get it feeling so close without having driven any (or most?) of the real cars. The way their lead FFB guy made it sound, he just imagined how the cars should feel.

Still, great work on their part... you can feel the effort they've put into it.

TJP

That's a bloody big rap as well... not just saying "it's a great sim" but getting in depth regarding *what* feels so great about it.

I wanna know how Reiza get it feeling so close without having driven any (or most?) of the real cars. The way their lead FFB guy made it sound, he just imagined how the cars should feel.
Based on the Mini Challenge telemetry posted on VirtualR which shows the real car versus the GSC version practically mirroring each other, I'd say Reiza have honed their ways of making virtual cars mirror reality. I'm sure Reiza had several of the real GSC drivers confirm the physics were as close to reality as possible.

From: http://www.virtualr.net/game-stock-car-2012-telemetry-comparison

Niels Heusinkveld:
There may have been a headwind on the straight or perhaps we have a slight elevation inaccuracy, as the sim is too fast in 5th gear there. I could've let go of some throttle in the sim for an even better match.. But we're not a marketing department, so this is just a fast / smooth lap in the sim that turned out to match data very well rather than a sim lap trying to drive so it matches the data. If that makes sense!

TJP

Another aspect Reiza have fettled to great effect, the just introduced 'GSC Sync' to update GSC 2013. No more downloads at 8kbps!

I finally tried the demo for rFactor 2 and something just feels off. I can't get the G25 to feel right... any help? I used some settings i found on google, but the wheel is still too loose and the car overly sensitive.

I wanted to like this game more, but so far is kind of weak. Also, what's the deal with it? When is it going to be released?

OK, now iRacing is doing the half off the one year renewal, not just new subscribers.

Promo Code: PR-BF2013

Now through Monday (11/25 - 12/2) we have cut the price of a one-year renewal membership in half. That's right, you can renew your membership for just $49!

New this year - you can use this code as many times as you want! Renew for one, two, three or even 100 years!

Use promo code PR-BF2013 to take advantage of this offer. Act fast as this offer expires Monday December 2nd at 23:59 GMT. Valid on existing accounts only.

paskowitz

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers and wipe the wheel firmware.

TBH, there is no reason to be using W8.1... Unless you own a tablet or touch device.

Did you call Or email Fanatec?

Spookie

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers and wipe the wheel firmware.

TBH, there is no reason to be using W8.1... Unless you own a tablet or touch device.

Did you call Or email Fanatec?

I can't phone or email anyone from work. I'm using windows 8.1 because of that wonderful piece of shit: Battlefield 4. I'll give it one last try before boxing it up tonight.

Spookie

*kisses paskowitz*

I went back: shouted at EVERYTHING, reset EVERYTHING, unplugged EVERYTHING and re-installed EVERYTHING.

*windows connection sound*

9stp22od6.gif

I just spent the last 45 minutes driving, this is THE best wheel I've ever owned.

TJP

Why I love Reiza Studios and why the sim racing community should buy Game Stock Car 2013 to support a great indie dev team:

Over the next few months we plan to continue supporting GSC2013 with a constant flow of developments, including new cars, new tracks and new simulation features.

Without going into specific details just yet, this is what GSC2013 users can look foward to in the near future:

1- The updates will come in at a roughly regular pace - every month or so something new will be added to the sim, be it a new track, a new car, or a new feature, along with continuous improvements & eventual bug fixes;

2- All updates will be free - if you own GSC2013, the new content will be made available to you at no adittional charge. We are however looking into experimenting with more community interaction for those willing to participate and contribute with the funding of these developments;

3- As with the content currently available in the sim, there will be a mix of licensed and fictional content;

4- The main goal for these updates is to continue to enrich the simulation and the diversity of driving experiences available - no "more of the same", the new content will complement and enhance the existing stuff into an even more complete racing sim package;

5- The diversity is relative to our own content but also relative to other sims - these are not cars and tracks you are likely to find in every other racing game (they are not obscure either mind);

6- Also keeping to the "diversity" guideline, relative to base content the new content will be largely international (non-brazilian) - from past, present and future.

Stay tuned for more news in the near future, and feel free to discuss and give ideas as to what you would like to see in GSC2013 - we welcome the feedback :)

Source: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...rs-more-tracks-more-features-coming-up.78419/

Shaneus

Oh god, I bet one of the tracks they're talking about is Bathurst. In fact, given the similarity b/w the Brazilian Stock Car championship and Australian V8 Supercars, hopefully we'll see a decent bit of crossover.

TJP

Seriously, everyone who's ever visited this thread needs to pick this up. The pinnacle of this thread thus far.
Yes they do but it's really like flogging a dead horse here..if only GSC was V8 Supercars! Reiza would be flushed with cash and we'd likely have the Senna sim by now (wishful thinking I know). Perhaps when another high profile touring car sim ships will people then realise GSC 2013 is a bargain for such an awesome tin-top racing simulation.

Favouritism? I only got this...

r3Fqxk3.png

It's not Best Bang For Buck if others are getting 40% off ;)
Did you buy the original GSC, GSC 2012 and/or Formula Truck? I did so perhaps it's for customers such as myself...either way you can get the 40% discount from buying from the Race Department store: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/game-stock-car-2013-formula-truck-2013-bundle.1303/

Shaneus

Yes they do but it's really like flogging a dead horse here..if only GSC was V8 Supercars! Reiza would be flushed with cash and we'd likely have the Senna sim by now (wishful thinking I know). Perhaps when another high profile touring car sim ships will people then realise GSC 2013 is a bargain for such an awesome tin-top racing simulation.
GSC with V8 Supercars (and the official license and tracks), even with the same production quality (and by that I mean how it is now, compared to, say, the FM/GT series') would sell fucking bucketloads. Look how well that crappy Codies V8 Supercars game did a while back... all you need is the license and just slap that on top. Easy money (and visibility) for Reiza.

They need to get their gear together and release Senna though. That should make them a packet as well.

Did you buy the original GSC, GSC 2012 and/or Formula Truck? I did so perhaps it's for customers such as myself...either way you can get the 40% discount from buying from the Race Department store
actually, the 40% offer came through a couple of hours after my post. The 20% one was from a couple of days ago. Anyway, after a 10 hour download, I'm now a proud owner of GSC2013!

Top Bottom