• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollux

Well read the sentence after that. Why didnt they report the incident? I'm sure they have a working mouth like paterno. I guess the "innocence" factor is really keeping the 10-15 year olds out of the discussion, but in reality they had as much power as paterno to put an end to this.

Oh I don't know, maybe fear, or the trauma that is caused because they were just raped by an authority figure they were brought up to revere and trust?

That might have had something to fucking do with it.

Well read the sentence after that. Why didnt they report the incident? I'm sure they have a working mouth like paterno. I guess the "innocence" factor is really keeping the 10-15 year olds out of the discussion, but in reality they had as much power as paterno to put an end to this.
Because they were children and terrified out of their minds?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Revenant

Your ignorance is showing. Read up about sexual abuse victims a little more.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Get the fuck out of here with that.

Oh I don't know, maybe fear, or the trauma that is caused because they were just raped by an authority figure they were brought up to revere and trust?

That might have had something to fucking do with it.

I'm sure Paterno had a similar fear of what might happen to his reputation.

Pollux

I'm sure Paterno had a similar fear of what might happen to his reputation.

Are you fucking kidding me. These kids were just RAPED and most likely threatened. One was literally told that if he said anything he would die.

Yea, let's compare these kids to Paterno. You have to be fucking trolling.

Because they were children and terrified out of their minds?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I don't know why you think 10-15 years is really that young. Look a 12 year old is not that Helpless, innocent unknowing being your thinking. In today's society that age children understand and comprehend.

I don't know why you think 10-15 years is really that young. Look a 12 year old is not that Helpless, innocent unknowing being your thinking. In today's society that age children understand and comprehend.

You better make your last post on GAF a good one.

Edit: damn that was fast.

Sibylus

Banned
Yes, it's perfectly acceptable to blame molestation victims for their fear of shaming, being ostracised by a fanatical cohort of community members, and retaliation from their abuser (which was explicitly threatened, as you should recall). Clearly this is as equally as distasteful as a football coach enabling a child rapist for concerns of trying to protect the prestige of himself and his institution.

No. What the fuck. These are only equivalent if you don't know a damned thing about abuse, about this case, or lack the barest shred of human empathy. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Cyan

Banned
I just hope that ban doesn't have an economic impact on the people in the surrounding area.

Mods probably should have thought about this more. :(

Bert409

Quit assuming every single person in Centre County is part of the Paterno Cult. There are lots of decent, intelligent people here that are just as sick of it(probably more so) as everyone else is.

Revenant

Reading posts like that help me fathom how the amount of delusion from some in the Penn state community could actually exist.

Ban deserved.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Saw him banned in another topic. Seemed like a regular poster by that post, I wondered what happened. Now I know...

beast786

I'm probably the minority here but honestly I don't think paternal deserves the scrutiny he is getting. He made a mistake. Let's be honest, if paterno did report this 10 years ago would there really be a difference in the outcome? I'm sure people would have still hated on paterno. Penn state would also be condemned lie it is now. I guess paterno was just delaying the inevitable. I guess he Would rather not be alive than to witness the scrutiny he is getting right now.

I think the children who were sexually assaulted are also to be blamed. Why not report the incident after it happened? What about the school officials?

Fact is that most people would like to keep quiet to prevent trouble and save their own image. It's psychology (the bystandard effect) and human nature. I highly doubt anyone of us would have the courage to report on Sandusky as well, as much as we like to think we would.

I have seen everything in GAF. And usually just turn my cheek. But you sir are one horrible , horrible ,ill minded individual. I have never had anyone ask for getting banned. But can a MOD please put a permanent FORK on this person.

Having a child myself. It is probably one of the most horrific thing that can happend to my child. I will no quesiton and doubt , would kill if I ever found out my baby is/was abused in that manner. There was a reason this piece of crap jumped on fatherless kids.

You sir are a slime and the lowest of all. This will probably get me banned. But, nevertheless

FUCK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Just saw his other post and the banned.

Quit assuming every single person in Centre County is part of the Paterno Cult. There are lots of decent, intelligent people here that are just as sick of it(probably more so) as everyone else is.

Few people are irrational enough to think every one in Centre county thinks like fullmetalx. That kind of thinking is analogous to those that think all Muslims are terrorists. However, there is a population in Centre county that does have that line of thinking, and it's probably more concentrated there than anywhere else.

Forever

Banned

I literally wish bodily harm upon you, wherever you are now trolling. Good riddance.

lttp but holy crap

The problem is that the rational people in State College need to speak up and drown out these moronic Paterno loyalists.

I don't doubt their existence; I doubt their courage.

According to Dom Tiberi, the sports anchor at WBNS-TV, this is the letter McQueery was sending out to recruits after the Ohio State scandal broke.

AyHGvtTCUAARb5M.png
\

So bad. And it proves that by Penn State not reporting the Sandusky scandal, or it's subsequent Clery Act noncompliance to the NCAA (which would have kicked off an NCAA investigation, removing this recruiting bullet point from PSU's arsenal) Penn State did enjoy and use an undue competitive advantage in recruiting via the coverup.

The phrase "I'd like to remind you again" clearly shows this was a point that they hammered into recruits' minds.

Schmitty

The problem is that the rational people in State College need to speak up and drown out these moronic Paterno loyalists.

I don't doubt their existence; I doubt their courage.

The irrational people make for good news. Don't use this crap argument

Tonight at 11: Penn Stater thinks football program should have sanctions

According to Dom Tiberi, the sports anchor at WBNS-TV, this is the letter McQueery was sending out to recruits after the Ohio State scandal broke.

So bad. And it proves that by Penn State not reporting the Sandusky scandal, or it's subsequent Clery Act noncompliance to the NCAA (which would have kicked off an NCAA investigation, removing this recruiting bullet point from PSU's arsenal) Penn State did enjoy and use an undue competitive advantage in recruiting via the coverup.

The phrase "I'd like to remind you again" clearly shows this was a point that they hammered into recruits' minds.

Agreed. Using a clean slate as a selling point for recruits when they clearly did not gives reasonable cause to believe they gained athletic benefit with the cover-up

Cyan

Banned
lol, so silly.

A large crowd of students demanding a full investigation or removal of the statue would also make the news.

Yep.

Even a few students with "take down the statue" signs would make the news.

Of course there are plenty of Penn Staters who are disgusted with Paterno yadda yadda, but they're either less organized or less vocal than the crazies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom