• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. This is one of the three that had knowledge of the investigation but chose to do nothing and not tell anyone else on the board, if I recall correctly.

Also, link looks right but doesn't work.

edit: removed my link since you fixed it.

According to Dom Tiberi, the sports anchor at WBNS-TV, this is the letter McQueery was sending out to recruits after the Ohio State scandal broke.

So bad. And it proves that by Penn State not reporting the Sandusky scandal, or it's subsequent Clery Act noncompliance to the NCAA (which would have kicked off an NCAA investigation, removing this recruiting bullet point from PSU's arsenal) Penn State did enjoy and use an undue competitive advantage in recruiting via the coverup.

The phrase "I'd like to remind you again" clearly shows this was a point that they hammered into recruits' minds.

It's PAINFULLY obvious that the NCAA needs to punish the program severely. Enough of this "outside the purview of the NCAA" bullshit, this here proves otherwise. Letters like these were sent with every higher up and the author of that letter fully knowing a pedophile was in their campus years ago violating children. They completely ignored it in favor of gaining an unfair advantage in the recruitment of students. Had word gotten out like it was supposed to years ago they would NOT have said what they said in that letter.

This absolutely has everything to do with the NCAA. If they don't take it upon themselves they might as well disband the fucking thing because they will never have the power to punish any other school for anything.

And regarding the FullMetalX shit, it gives us a pretty good idea of what kind of idiotic rationalizations Penn State/Paterno apologists are using. If anything, it's educational.

He was a junior, so year, permed.

Edit: Now I am questioning myself. I really have no idea if he was a junior or not.

Yes, he was a junior. I checked, cause lots of juniors being juniors of late.

Didn't matter, would have been a perm anyways.

Also, you can check his post count, not 300.

rCIZZLE

Well it's the middle of nowhere. You actually have to drive a few hours from the nearest airport.

There's no doubt that the college football program is a huge economic driver in that town. Hotels in town go for midtown Manhattan prices on game weeks.

I understand the outrage, but I do think that a death penalty punishes the wrong people - the townspeople and the students that were not the ones that directly enabled this monster.

There are punishments that can be more productive, such as pulling football revenue into a separate fund. Penn State was proactive in this regard with the bowl game money from last season, donating $1.1 million to the Center for the Protection of Children. Not to mention the $6.5 million they paid for the outside investigator (Freeh) to dig into how badly they fucked up.

Having a massive university in a very small city is enough of an economic driver for that area. If some businesses are hurt by the loss of a season then perhaps the university should step up and soften the blow for those people.

How exactly would the students be negatively effected by this?

YoungHav

Banned
studentpaterno.jpg

This should be photoshopped w/Fallout 3 VATS display.

Draxal

Not in this thread.

There appear to still be some on campus.

Go to BWI (the Penn State rivals board).

But yeah, things are going to be super comfortable in Happy Valley, as there is going to be a mini civil war between the cult and normal people.

Being collectively labelled as supporters of child rape should do wonders for their futures.
Yep. First question I would ask of someone with Penn State '12, '13, '14, or '15 on a résumé is "Why didn't you organize to have the statue removed?" It's a trick question, because I don't care, you're not getting hired.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Edit: better I just take myself out of this thread because I'm a child rape supporter

Yea, quit while you're ahead dude.

Jopa chose to ignore the sexual abuse of children. Any defense of his legacy *IS* directly or indirectly support of ALL his actions while he was at Penn State.

Tear it the fuck down.

Edit: better I just take myself out of this thread because I'm a child rape supporter since I attend a certain campus and haven't flown back and rallied up some troops to destroy the statue then burn down the campus

I'll put your edit back in just for the LOL

Schmitty said:
Then I guess under your reasoning all muslims are terrorists

All Muslims do not support the small minority that causes or supports terror. Likewise ... not all Penn State students support Parterno. I'm not demonizing all Penn State. I'm demonizing the students who choose to continue to support a man who enabled a child rapist for 13 years.

Jackpot

Banned
What I'd like you guys to realize is how devastating this event has been to the Penn State community. It is fucking horrible that all these prior upstanding individuals let this creature continue to wreak havoc on the childrens' lives. It is fucking horrible that something could have been done to prevent this if someone had opened their mouth.

It is now hard for a lot of people to swallow what happened (if you don't understand this then maybe you never had a role model).

Yes... poor you. Everyone goes on about the poor children who were raped, but no one's talking about how them being raped has affected you. Darn attention whores. You're the real victims in all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom