• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
braves01 said:
Did you read the grand jury report? Did you read about the part about the janitor? Does that not seem traumatic? Witnesses to violence are victims, too.

It was all he could do to drag himself to his job as WR coach at the exact same location of the crime for the next eight years.

Amory

braves01 said:
Did you read the grand jury report? Did you read about the part about the janitor? Does that not seem traumatic? Witnesses to violence are victims, too.

If you see something like that happening, you call the fucking police. If you think you're going to have a heart attack because of it then order an ambulance while you're at it, but call the cops.

Edit: and not only that, but in the grand jury report it says that the janitor who supposedly was profoundly affected by what he saw was more concerned about keeping his job than helping the kid, so screw him too

venne

braves01 said:
I'd say the worst part is looking at yourself in the mirror everyday and seeing a guy that walked in on a young boy being raped and just turned around and walked the other way.

eznark

Banned
braves01 said:

I think we have Sandusky's defense.

"Yes, your honor, what happened to those children was terrible but think about me! I had to watch it all happen! I'm the real victim"

OuterWorldVoice said:
Serious question: Did you go to school at Penn? I just can't fathom why you're carrying all this water for a mess like this. You've expended more energy and effort than anyone in the thread and done nothing to actually support your horse in this race.

Don't mix up Penn and Penn State.

Penn is a prestigious Ivy-League school. Penn State is the football factory with the wild-eyed cult member fanbase in question.

Futureman said:
Hasn't it been determined that Sandusky was told not to bring children on campus anymore? I'm failing to see how THAT is not a coverup? He should have been behind bars there and then, but that did not happen. They still let him come on campus and use the facilities after it was known he was raping children. Cover. Up.

This is the part where he'll tell you that Paterno possibly didn't do enough.

Only possibly thoough ...

eznark said:
I think we have Sandusky's defense.

"Yes, your honor, what happened to those children was terrible but think about me! I had to watch it all happen! I'm the real victim"
Combine that with the Lolita defense, Twinkie defense, etc., and Sandusky's home free.

Dude Abides

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
It's not "strangely vague" at all. The grand jury was never tasked to investigate Paterno, so that's why it's not in the report. Nothing strange about that.

The grand jury was asked to investigate everything surrounding Sandusky. They are as limited or expansive as the prosecutor wants them to be. The fact that the precise details of what McQueary told Paterno or what Paterno told Curley, are lacking, suggests a prosecutor not interested in presenting what exactly Paterno was told.

Just going by Sandusky's reaction to when the ONE mother of one of the victims confronted him about it, I say I wouldn't be suprised if he offed himself before, during or after the trial.

venne

JumpingTheGun said:
Just going by Sandusky's reaction to when the ONE mother of one of the victims confronted him about it, I say I wouldn't be suprised if he offed himself before, during or after the trial.
Probably the best thing he could do at this point. The sooner the better imo.

Hari Seldon

JumpingTheGun said:

I would be surprised if he offed himself, these rapists are narcissistic scumbags.

Sanjuro

JumpingTheGun said:
I dunno...maybe.

Barrett2

wonderkins said:
See man raping young boy, run to tell your daddy. Not the police.

No guff, they're operating a cult out there.

It is pretty insane. You see an old man raping a little kid, and as a grown man your instinct is to run out of the room and call your dad, not the police. That's.... very bizarre.

CrankyJay

Banned
braves01 said:

I don't have to read a fucking grand jury report to know that witnessing an old man raping a child is wrong and that my first instinct would be to rip him off the child and pin him down while I call the cops. I don't give a fuck if he's about to have a heart attack. Fuck this post.

venne said:
I'd say the worst part is looking at yourself in the mirror everyday and seeing a guy that walked in on a young boy being raped and just turned around and walked the other way.
I can't imagine it. I try and try and can't. We don't have a long cultural legacy of punishing whistle lowers like China. So I don't understand how he or anyone could fail to do what is so clearly the right thing to do.

There are few moments that present an opportunity for absolute moral clarity. This was clearly one of them for many people involved here. Many men failed the test and many children have paid for it.

eznark

Banned
venne said:
Probably the best thing he could do at this point. The sooner the better imo.

Nah. I look forward to the "Sandusky found raped and brutally murdered and raped again in prison cell" stories.

braves01 said:
Being a witness to something like this would undoubtedly result in some degree of psychological trauma. In that sense, McQuery is a victim,
dm-T1MH.gif

Dreams-Visions said:
I can't imagine it. I try and try and can't. We don't have a long cultural legacy of punishing whistle lowers like China. So I don't understand how he or anyone could fail to do what is so clearly the right thing to do.

There are few moments that present an opportunity for absolute moral clarity. This was clearly one of them for many people involved here. Many men failed the test and many children have paid for it.
Seriously. In forming a personal ethics, what to do in this case is non-controversial. This is not vexatious. Like you stated, there's a clarity.

But for so many adults to fail the more vulnerable members of our society is greatly, hugely, disappointing.

JGS

Banned
I H8 Memes said:
It's pretty obvious that he was forced to either retire or be fired.
I'm not sure how that can be derived considering Paterno stayed on for 12 years after that announcement. Paterno was never going to leave the job.

However, I do think it's weird that he didn't coach again and hung around campus.

Kosmo

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:

Penn State football was his life from childhood through that day. I certainly don't understand it, but in some bizarre way I can see where his thought process was confused. In a way it was probably like growing up in a cult where followers don't report what normal society would consider illegal/deviant activity. Think of Warren Jeffs - women willingly turned over their 12 and 12 year old daughters to him.

Slizz

For the first time ever I am agreeing with Mark May. He is going in on McQueary right now....

ESPN College Football Live now.

Whooooo Mark May...... damnnnnn he still goinnnn

eznark

Banned
Just to be clear, and because people seem to be missing it, this is the 6-4 220 physically fit scumbag who ran and called daddy instead of stopping the violent rape of a 10 year old boy:

10239251-large.jpg

This guy was too chicken shit, too much of a coward and too dim-witted to know he should stop a 10 year old boy from literally getting fucked?!

This guy was so helpless and frightened by an old man that he had to call pappa to find out what to do next?

Indefensible.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Slizz said:
For the first time ever I am agreeing with Mark May. He is going in on McCreary right now....

ESPN College Football Live now.

Whooooo Mark May...... damnnnnn he still goinnnn
Came to post this, I usually cannot stand him but damn he is on a warpath. I love it.

CrankyJay said:
I don't have to read a fucking grand jury report to know that witnessing an old man raping a child is wrong and that my first instinct would be to rip him off the child and pin him down while I call the cops. I don't give a fuck if he's about to have a heart attack. Fuck this post.
Yes.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
Indefensible.
It's not. I keep dancing around the "I would have done this" scenario when he is brought up though. His actions aren't that of a coward, they are telling story of the type of atmosphere that was already ongoing at Penn State.

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
It's not. I keep dancing around the "I would have done this" scenario when he is brought up though. His actions aren't that of a coward, they are telling story of the type of atmosphere that was already ongoing at Penn State.

Nature v. nurture arguments mean nothing to me. I don't care if the guy was raised a coward or was turned into a coward. I care about what he is and how he behaves now.

He is a cowardly piece of shit who fled like a child when confronted with a situation that he could have changed for the better.

Bowser

Slizz said:
Well now he won't be allowed on the sidelines.... Can't imagine he'd be allowed in the box at this point.

Link? Also, someone please post a link of Mark May when it hits ESPN.com, I wanna see this.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Maybe so, but his first instinct was to run tell dad? And not call the cops?

I'm fucking floored bro. I really am.

I'm not sure what kind I person does that.

McQueary had such fealty to the JoePa cult, that the next day he goes and prostrates himself to the old man. Still no going to the police. No cramming Sandusky into dirt.

Nope. Next day, consult the grand and wonderful Joe.

Sanjuro

eznark said:
Nature v. nurture arguments mean nothing to me. I don't care if the guy was raised a coward or was turned into a coward. I care about what he is and how he behaves now.

He is a cowardly piece of shit who fled like a child when confronted with a situation that he could have changed for the better.
That's not my point. It's not about him simply running away, it's about the story surrounding his actions. I posed the question before, what if McQueary was presented that same scenario in a alley or with a lowly janitor?

- McQueary was promoted rapidly after that date.

- He was fine with the school changing his "anal rape" situation to "horseplay". Sandusky was able to maintain an office on campus until LAST WEEK.

- He is still holding onto his current position, will be coaching this weekend. The board did not fire him so it is unlikely you will hear ANY comments from him in a immediate future.

There is an absurd amount that will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

None of this is a good excuse. Absolutely none of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom