• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
harSon said:
MAYBE HE DIDN'T FOLLOW UP BECAUSE THEY CAME TO HIM. MAYBE THEY TOLD HIM THAT THERE WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING AND NOTHING OF THE SORT OCCURRED.

For the trillionth time, we don't know the facts of the case.
that would've been something he would've told the grand jury.

Salazar

Branduil said:
I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which someone misunderstands something else for a 10-year-old boy being sodomized in the shower that makes sense in anything resembling reality and I'm coming up pretty empty.

And he only investigated because he heard a sound pretty much entirely unmistakable by a functioning adult for anything but sex - not to mention the corroboration he got when he stood there and looked both of them in the eyes.

I don't believe he misrepresented that to Paterno. Yes, that is conjecture on my part, but I think he reported what he saw.

harSon

Banned
beast786 said:
So you are saying is that MCQueary made that whole big fat lie about Sandusky. So joe forgive him and kept him and rewarded him with promotion.

If this makes any sense to you than I am sorry. You dont just make up Raping children/fondling children. And if you do as a 28 year old. There is a big problem.

As per reprot " Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy".

Your only way is if McQ actually admitted he made it up and told joe that. Even at that its hard to believe joe will keep a man who will make such a lie in his program.

So your whole case is based on MCQ telling joe it was a misunderstanding.

And that WAS NO PART OF THE GJ testimony. Not by Joe,MC or anyone.

If you want to go off gut theories, gut feelings, assumptions, etc:

McQueary witnessed a boy being sodomized by a man, and did nothing to help that boy. He waited a day before telling Paterno. He knows FOR SURE (he saw the incident with his own two eyes, Paterno didn't) that Sandusky is raping that boy; and after hours, days, weeks and years pass without anything legal happening to Sandusky, he does nothing? Why is that? And why would you take everything someone like that says as gospel?

Branduil said:
I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which someone misunderstands something else for a 10-year-old boy being sodomized in the shower that makes sense in anything resembling reality and I'm coming up pretty empty.

Plus that's the kind of thing you'd usually mention in a grand jury report.

"Hey Coach Paterno, remember how I said I saw Sandusky with his dick in a little boys ass in the shower the other day? My bad, they were actually just playing lazer tag."

Trurl

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
So you honestly believe there is a possibility that in Joe's mind, he thought McQuery misunderstood what Sandusky and a 10 year old boy were doing together in a shower? So Joe was like "Well I guess that's that, everyone's okay! No pedophiles here!" And that's an argument for why he doesn't deserve criticism?
It's possible that his own powers of denial created that doubt--not that that is much of a defense.

Branduil

scorcho said:
that would've been something he would've told the grand jury.
YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS WHAT IF A TIME GREMLIN FROM OHIO STATE ERASED THAT PART OF THE REPORT BEFORE GOING BACK IN TIME TO MURDER THE REAL JERRY SANDUSKY AND ASSUME HIS FORM.

We can't just assume things based on unproven theories after all.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
harSon said:
McQueary witnessed a boy being sodomized by a man, and did nothing to help that boy. He waited a day before telling Paterno. He knows FOR SURE (he saw the incident with his own two eyes, Paterno didn't) that Sandusky is raping that boy; and after hours, days, weeks and years pass without anything legal happening to Sandusky, he does nothing? Why is that?
oh, that's easy. him and Joe decide that it's not worth the hassle to the school and the program to beat the drum any further.

Chumly

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Yes. Sandusky maintained an office on campus until last week. Paterno knew he anally raped a ten year old boy ten years prior. Do the math.
This just needs to be repeated over and over again. People defending Paterno need to have their heads checked.

harSon said:

McQueary witnessed a boy being sodomized by a man, and did nothing to help that boy. He waited a day before telling Paterno. He knows FOR SURE (he saw the incident with his own two eyes, Paterno didn't) that Sandusky is raping that boy; and after hours, days, weeks and years pass without anything legal happening to Sandusky, he does nothing? Why is that?

Because he's a piece of shit coward and didn't want to make any waves (just like Joe). Nobody is disputing that. Nobody is saying Paterno deserves 100% of the responsibility. But nobody is also making McQuery out to be some sort of martyr. Nobody is rioting or rallying for him. Players aren't threatening to sit out games for him. This is what is causing a bigger backlash for Paterno (in addition to the fact that he ultimately is one of the most powerful men on campus)

harSon said:

Let's see because they didn't want the media saying Sandisky is a child rapist connected to Penn State and Paterno? Wow that was a hard one

ElRenoRaven

harSon said:

MAYBE BECAUSE HE'S JUST AS BIG A FUCKING SCUMBAG. Nobody is defending any of the rest of these scumbags either. They all deserve to be at the minimum fired and personally I think in jail along with the piece of shit since they helped cover it all up.

beast786

Another Question .

Why did Sandusky retires in 1999 a year after 1998 sex offense case. Even though the charges were dropped.?

Why did Sandusky who was the master mind of defense and was actually believe to take of joe P head coach job, just retires and disappears from college Football coaching world. no rumors nothing. Just vanishes, but still hangs around the team. ?

How was he getting paid from his departure to now?

Salazar

harSon said:
And why would you take everything someone like that says as gospel?

Why then, in Joe's mind, would Sandusky be banned - after the shower rape - from bringing kids on campus ?

I'm just speculating that it would raise questions difficult to pair up with comforting answers.

harSon

Banned
So you're going to take the word of a man who's shown a tendency to do unspeakable things to preserve his own self interests?

Chumly

Salazar said:
Why then, in Joe's mind, would Sandusky be banned - after the shower rape - from bringing kids on campus ?

I'm just speculating that it would raise questions difficult to pair up with comforting answers.
Joe didn't want Sandusky raping kids on campus. He didn't care what happened at home.

beast786

harSon said:

McQueary witnessed a boy being sodomized by a man, and did nothing to help that boy. He waited a day before telling Paterno. He knows FOR SURE (he saw the incident with his own two eyes, Paterno didn't) that Sandusky is raping that boy; and after hours, days, weeks and years pass without anything legal happening to Sandusky, he does nothing? Why is that? And why would you take everything someone like that says as gospel?

What gospel. GJ reports says Joe P admits about MCQ telling him the information. No where in GJ reports does it say that MCQ went to Joe P and said he made all of it up.

Just from the facts that were presented. Joe P knew and sat on it. Just like MCQ sat on it and Curly,SCH who sat and are arrested.

Its obvious that sandusky is very influenced and powerful man. Just like Joe P.

Branduil

Ninja Scooter said:
Thanks to Paterno there are kids that WISH it was just assumptions they pulled out of their asses.
Everything makes sense if you assume there are actually two Joe Paternos, and they can never be in the same room at the same time without destroying reality.

Cyan

Banned
harSon said:
Paterno only fits the description if you're pulling assumptions out of your ass.
I see what you did there!

Oh wait, no I don't. So McQuery "did unspeakable things to preserve his own self-interest", but when it comes to Saint Joe OH SWEET LORD WHY ARE YOU MAKING THESE CRAZY ASSUMPTIONS????!!!!!

harSon said:
There's a lot of details missing between "You tell your district manager about the incident," and "You work with your assistant manager for another decade."

That's my point.
Honestly ... What scenarios are you thinking about that could make Paterno look better than he's currently being portrayed?

I can't think of one.

Zep

Banned
beast786 said:

If this story about the donors goes to another level...You'll probably have your reason he was so damn powerful. And the reason they tried to keep all this under wraps.

I still refuse to believe that Joe had zero knowledge about the 98 investigation. That he never questioned Sandusky's retirement in 99. I suppose it's possible that he didn't hear about the janitor sighting in 2000...but that's shaky. And then in 2002, he takes McQuery's story to Curley but then never confronts Sandusky about it? Never asks why he's still around campus? Never pulls Sandusky aside and says, "Hey Jerry, what was that all about?" A man that he was long time friends with and a former boss of? It just doesn't add up. Unless Joe has a really damn good story for all that, it's tough to swallow.

Chumly

beast786 said:
What gospel. GJ reports says Joe P admits about MCQ telling him the information. No where in GJ reports does it say that MCQ went to Joe P and said he made all of it up.

Just from the facts that were presented. Joe P knew and sat on it. Just like MCQ sat on it and Curly,SCH who sat and are arrested.

Clearly MCQ, Curly, SCH are all liers and our saint Joe Pa was taken advantage of by all these men. CLEARLY this is what happened.

Ninja Scooter said:
lol just listened to the radio show host absolutely destroy the shitty "journalist" chick from Penn State. Fantastic. Pretty much sums up how these idiots who are acting like JoePa is a victim should be dealt with. Normal discourse just doesn't seem to work.
Link please?

beast786

Zep said:
If this story about the donors goes to another level...You'll probably have your reason he was so damn powerful. And the reason they tried to keep all this under wraps.

1998 charges dropped. Child mom told not to talk to media by the COPS after the case was dismissed. The District attorney happens to be missing and never to be found. Everything all of a sudden went hush.

The janitor saws what happens. Tell many people. Yet again, everything went hush.

A GA coach sees a child rape, tells the God like Joe P, who tells the AD and again. Everything just died out and hush.

Man continues to rape kids in open areas all over the Penn state facility.

None of it makes sense. Unless he has some mad connections or have stuff on some very important people.

My assumption is that either he has God like control over the authorities and the PSU community or He has dirty on everyone else also.

exarkun

I don't understand how people can judge Pa and that red headed assistant so, so easily. Both might have lost their jobs and McQuery prolly his career seeing how deep this runs. AD and Board prolly was like keep this shit on the low, but when McQuery saw it he obviously had his own well being in mind when making his decisions. Its mainly Pa's fault for not fighting harder, but it is what it is. As a grown ass man who understands the responsibilities/realities of the real world, tell me, how do we judge? I'm not defending, its just harson asked why he didn't do anything else.

How could McQuery have fought back? Go to the police? They were sitting on information. Whistleblowers aren't treated kindly EVER, McQuery would get worse than Mike Leach treatment. O he will have a clear conscience? Yea thats awesome when you do shit of the rest of your life cause you got the boot.

I hate the fact that ESPN is telling me what it is to be a "man" and shoulda stopped this situation bullshit. Half of them are fucking douchebag scum and I'm supposed to buy into that? I live my life in a better manner than most, I donate, I volunteer. If I saw that happening I honestly would be like WTF at that moment and said What are you doing, stop. I woulda went to Joe Pa. And if I heard from him that it'll be taken care of or not to talk about it, the board will deal with it I dunno what I would have done. I just hate seeing the fake outrage on espn, because they are really milking this and its disgusting.

I was going to stop in and just say why are people arguing about this, but watching some of ESPN made me sick and I hate it when people make assumptions and then judge. Sorry for the rant.

Sanjuro

exarkun said:
I don't understand how people can judge Pa and that red headed assistant so, so easily. Both might have lost their jobs and McQuery prolly his career seeing how deep this runs. AD and Board prolly was like keep this shit on the low, but when McQuery saw it he obviously had his own well being in mind when making his decisions. Its mainly Pa's fault for not fighting harder, but it is what it is. As a grown ass man who understands the responsibilities/realities of the real world, tell me, how do we judge? I'm not defending, its just harson asked why he didn't do anything else.

How could McQuery have fought back? Go to the police? They were sitting on information. Whistleblowers aren't treated kindly EVER, McQuery would get worse than Mike Leach treatment. O he will have a clear conscience? Yea thats awesome when you do shit of the rest of your life cause you got the boot.

I hate the fact that ESPN is telling me what it is to be a "man" and shoulda stopped this situation bullshit. Half of them are fucking douchebag scum and I'm supposed to buy into that? I live my life in a better manner than most, I donate, I volunteer. If I saw that happening I honestly would be like WTF at that moment and said What are you doing, stop. I woulda went to Joe Pa. And if I heard from him that it'll be taken care of or not to talk about it, the board will deal with it I dunno what I would have done. I just hate seeing the fake outrage on espn, because they are really milking this and its disgusting.

I was going to stop in and just say why are people arguing about this, but watching some of ESPN made me sick and I hate it when people make assumptions and then judge. Sorry for the rant.
Clearly you like fantasy. Here is some fantasy.

HlBLX.jpg

CoffeeJanitor said:
Hot damn, that's a bit brutal.

How else can you deal with someone like that? She admits she knows Joe fucked up. She admits he didn't do enough about CHILD RAPE...yet he should at least get to coach one more game! WTF is wrong with these people?

exarkun

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

I just want to wait and see what happens. No use in arguing about anything, its all happened already. I mean if this sex-ring thing is true, alumni and others are implicated. *Shrugs* Dunno if thats fantasy, but if I could choose I would hope that it is. Because that would be truly sad.

Sanjuro

Ninja Scooter said:
How else can you deal with someone like that? She admits she knows Joe fucked up. She admits he didn't do enough about CHILD RAPE...yet he should at least get to coach one more game! WTF is wrong with these people?
JOE PATERNO SHOULD BE COACH UNTIL THE END OF TIMEEEEE

Hari Seldon

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

I hate this nasty philosophy that if you don't immediately jump on the haters bandwagon before any investigation has taken place you are somehow living in a fantasy land. Let the investigation and trial take its course, now that it is being run by the real police and the state DA.

I also am highly disturbed by the modern media culture that is like a positive feedback loop to see who can out-outrage the next person.

Sharp

Hari Seldon said:
I hate this nasty philosophy that if you don't immediately jump on the haters bandwagon before any investigation has taken place you are somehow living in a fantasy land. Let the investigation and trial take its course, now that it is being run by the real police and the state DA.

I also am highly disturbed by the modern media culture that is like a positive feedback loop to see who can out-outrage the next person.
Congrats on reading the Posnanski article!

Sanjuro

Hari Seldon said:

I hate the idea that the media is the villian here. They are the only reason anyone at Pedo State got off their fucking asses and did anything.

There is no investigation to excuse Paterno. He didn't do enough to help children that needed it. He needed to go. There might be evidence to come that shows it's not as bad as we think it might get, but he still failed to do ANYTHING.

exarkun

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I hate the idea that the media is the villian here. They are the only reason anyone at Pedo State got off their fucking asses and did anything.

There is no investigation to excuse Paterno. He didn't do enough to help children that needed it. He needed to go. There might be evidence to come that shows it's not as bad as we think it might get, but he still failed to do ANYTHING

this is true. but I thought the police were sitting on evidence? Or not?

Ninja Scooter said:
Not arguing with you at all. He should have maybe toned it down a bit, though, in order to embarrass her even more. Now he's probably just inspired her/her parents to support JoePa even more.

Sanjuro

exarkun said:
this is true. but I thought the police were sitting on evidence? Or not?
No idea. All I know is it took three days to get that scumbag out of the head coaching position. He sure as hell made it as ungraceful as possible and created a riot at the university.

The week should have started early Monday morning. Everyone involved, out. Here is an outside coach. We will help with this ongoing investigation in anyway possible.

Was watching the Ed Show and they mad a really sad point:

They don't even know the name of the 10 year-old that was abused. Just shows how little was done by all parties in the know. Really puts into perspective how few fucks they really gave about this victim of a horrific crime.

They don't even know his name. Not in any reports. Never inquired about. Nobody cared.

beast786

Dreams-Visions said:
Was watching the Ed Show and they mad a really sad point:

They don't even know the name of the 10 year-old that was abused. Just shows how little was done by all parties in the know. Really puts into perspective how few fucks they really gave about this victim of a horrific crime.

They don't even know his name. Not in any reports. Never inquired about. Nobody cared.

All that is fine. But how about ONE MORE GAME.

bionic77

I feel like at this point Penn State should just forfeit the rest of the season. For those people who say that the players shouldn't be punished who the fuck cares, it is just a game and it is going to be really weird to play any more games at this point. It is also going to distract from the real case.

Also, too much anger is being placed at Joe Paterno. I don't think anyone should be too upset over his firing or people questioning what he knew, but I feel like this stupid debate is distracting everyone from the real investigation with Sandusky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom