• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pristine_Condition said:
Personally, I'm willing to throw myself all the way in the rage camp here.

Franco Harris is making excuses for a man who did the bare minimum to protect children from a monster. Excuses for a man who himself even admits he should have done more to save these kids from being raped.

Why? Because that guy sat on the sidelines while a bunch of players won a bunch of games for Penn State. Yeah...why shouldn't that preclude him from following basic standards of morality above the law, and compassion for rape victims.

Yeah...that's logical. :rolleyes

No, I was mocking you after this asinine claim:

Pristine_Condition said:
Franco Harris is a scumbag who thinks nobody should do anything more than the bare minimum to protect little boys from being ass raped by dirty old men.

Franco Harris needs to be kicked out of the Hall of Fame.

You're perpetually one screw from blowing a gasket, but even for you that's a little over the top. Keep your emotions and anger in check, it makes you look wacky.

Whelp, I don't see any teal in the stands. I do see some empty seats. Usually there are late arrivals, but for today I don't imagine that would be the case.

ElRenoRaven

SerArthurDayne said:
Whelp, I don't see any teal in the stands. I do see some empty seats. Usually there are late arrivals, but for today I don't imagine that would be the case.

Nope. But I do see several Joe knows football shirts. grrrr

SerArthurDayne said:
I thought the color for this situation was light blue/blue.

Kermit The Dog said:
No, I was mocking you after this asinine claim:

Pristine_Condition said:
Franco Harris is a scumbag who thinks nobody should do anything more than the bare minimum to protect little boys from being ass raped by dirty old men.

You're perpetually one screw from blowing a gasket, but even for you that's a little over the top. Keep your emotions and anger in check, it makes you look wacky.

I don't see why what I said was not a basic summation of what Harris said:

CBSSports.com said:
Harris also criticized state police commissioner Frank Noonan for saying Paterno had a "moral obligation" to contact police when told of the incident, according to the report.

"When I heard that, it blew my mind," Harris said. "Why would they bring the moral into the legal?
Now, everyone gets to interpret in their own way. That's what really bothers me: Joe did what was right for him to do. He forwarded the information to his superiors. That's the legal procedure at Penn State.

"If I had to choose today between the moral integrity and character of Joe Paterno and the politicians and commentators criticizing him, I would pick Joe Paterno, hands-down, no contest every time."

"I feel that the board made a bad decision in letting Joe Paterno go," Harris told the Tribune-Review's Kevin Gorman. "I'm very disappointed in their decision. I thought they showed no courage, not to back someone who really needed it at the time. They were saying the football program under Joe was at fault."

"They really wouldn't give a reason. They're linking the football program to the scandal and, possibly, the cover-up. That's very disturbing to me. I think there should be no more connection to the football program, only in the case that it happened at the football building with an ex-coach."

NESN.com said:
It sounds like Harris may not have read the part of the grand jury report, which states that even after his retirement Sandusky was allowed to continue "to use University facilities as per his retirement agreement. As a retired coach, Sandusky had unlimited access to the football facilities, including the locker rooms."

No shit.

The grand jury report also shows how Sandusky systematically used his former position, and the fact that he still had an office on PSU's campus, even after retirement, to lure young boys into his pedo web. He took a young boy to Bowl games, and told lured one with the promise that he could walk on and become a Penn State football player.

"If I had to choose today between the moral integrity and character of Joe Paterno and the politicians and commentators criticizing him, I would pick Joe Paterno, hands-down, no contest every time." -- Franco Harris

Harris is saying he'd choose the moral integrity and character of Joe Paterno, a man who himself admits he should have done more to protect kids from being raped, but didn't, shows that he's a scumbag.

If my stance against child rape and the enablers of child rape makes me "look wacky" to you, well, that's your prerogative.

You look sick as hell to me for thinking I'm "wacky," so I guess that makes us even.

Personally, I feel totally comfortable with that.

Alucrid

Banned
SerArthurDayne said:

Keep us updated bro.

Maxim726X

lawblob said:
If I see another "God bless you Joe Pa" sign I am going to vomit.

THE MAN WAS NEGLIGENT IN THE FACE OF MASS CHILD RAPE!!!

Seriously. I've never seen such a disconnect from reality... I guess going to that school really is like joining a cult.

Does anybody find it odd how little Sandusky is actually mentioned in the rhetoric that is going around? Speaking from a completely legal perspective it makes me wonder if outlets like ESPN try to talk around the issue in the (I assume unlikely) event that Sandusky is acquitted. I always found ESPN very heavy-handed in its use of the term "allegedly." Since Joe Paterno and his staff, however, are not officially convicted by the DA the amount of rhetoric surrounding them seems a lot less measured (or censored).

Does this ring true to anyone else?

Don't read into this statement that Joe Pa and company don't deserve a complete lambasting in the media, but it seems that in the past few days that the talking heads have been focusing on them to exclusion of continued denouncement of Sandusky.

Also while I think Penn State is culpable at some level, I'm much more interested in examining Second Mile and its leadership structure. It's one thing to negligently provide a haven for a sexual predator. It's another thing entirely for an organization that is solely tasked with helping children (even if Sandusky was in charge) to not have rules preventing this exact sort of thing...especially from internal threats. Every school in America has safeguards of this nature.

ElRenoRaven

Maxim726X said:
Seriously. I've never seen such a disconnect from reality... I guess going to that school really is like joining a cult.

Seems like college sports in general is like joining a cult. How many times have we seen where someone got stabbed or shot over an argument about college sports? I've lost count.

Affeinvasion said:
Does anybody find it odd how little Sandusky is actually mentioned in the rhetoric that is going around? Speaking from a completely legal perspective it makes me wonder if outlets like ESPN try to talk around the issue in the (I assume unlikely) event that Sandusky is acquitted. I always found ESPN very heavy-handed in its use of the term "allegedly." Since Joe Paterno and his staff, however, are not officially convicted by the DA the amount of rhetoric surrounding them seems a lot less measured (or censored).

Does this ring true to anyone else?

Don't read into this statement that Joe Pa and company don't deserve a complete lambasting in the media, but it seems that in the past few days that the talking heads have been focusing on them to exclusion of continued denouncement of Sandusky.

Also while I think Penn State is culpable at some level, I'm much more interested in examining Second Mile and its leadership structure. It's one thing to negligently provide a haven for a sexual predator. It's another thing entirely for an organization that is solely tasked with helping children (even if Sandusky was in charge) to not have rules preventing this exact sort of thing...especially from internal threats. Every school in America has safeguards of this nature.

I think it's a case of everyone knows without a doubt that piece of shit did it and deserves everything that will be coming to him. The reason the others are getting so much discussion is because they are the one's who enabled it to happen and covered up for it. Their involvement and culpability can be debated where as his can't.

At this point, I will never respect Penn State as an institution. Playing this game just shows that football is more important than the damage done by their own pride and negligence.

beast786

For the PSU community that were so upset about Joe Pa's firing. Which lead to riots, people screaming to media.

How come there is no anger shown to sandusky, his house, etc.

Its almost they are more pissed about joe Pa firing then what Sandusky did to the kids.

Why arent they outside his house, giving him threats like they are to McQ.

beast786 said:
For the PSU community that were so upset about Joe Pa's firing. Which lead to riots, people screaming to media.

Its almost they are more pissed about joe Pa firing then what Sandusky did to the kids.

I saw on the news someone threw a brick threw Sandusky's window.

beast786 said:

Because he might rape them. He's got a penis and he knows how to use it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Listened to a PSU student called to defend JoePa yesterday on talk radio. Little shit went on for five minutes, 'legend this' and 'tradition that'. Not once said the irritating little fuck, not ONCE mention the child abuse, the cover up, or anything at all about responsibility and hierarchy. Just fucking football coaching.

The host called him on it and hung up on his ass.

Seriously PSU students are making this thing so much worse. So much worse. It's showing the public that the problems with the institution are very, very deep.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
http://www.lostlettermen.com/westboro-baptist-church-to-protest-psu/

If we hadn’t already, we’ve now officially entered the Twilight Zone in the Penn State scandal involving allegations that former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky sexually assaulted young boys.
That’s because the infamous Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting in Happy Valley Saturday before Penn State takes on Nebraska, according to its website, “God Hates F***.”
It says on the site: “College in this country is nothing more than a giant party, with a few classes set to instruct in sin thrown in for good measure. What you have turned out of those classes are raping priests, raping coaches, raping marines, along with various other violent dangerous brutes that are poised to be tomorrows ‘heroes’ in this vile land. Wake up! You have angered your God beyond recovery. More and worse is coming! America is doomed!”
Located in Topeka, KS, Westboro Baptist Church is one of the most reviled organizations in America that is known for its extreme stance against homosexuality and controversial protests. In completely twisted logic, it protested the funeral of Christina Green, the 9-year-old victim in this past January’s Tucson shooting, claiming that she “was killed for your rebellion when God sent the shooter to deal with idolatrous America.”

OuterWorldVoice said:
Listened to a PSU student called to defend JoePa yesterday on talk radio. Little shit went on for five minutes, 'legend this' and 'tradition that'. Not once said the irritating little fuck, not ONCE mention the child abuse, the cover up, or anything at all about responsibility and hierarchy. Just fucking football coaching.

The host called him on it and hung up on his ass.

Seriously PSU students are making this thing so much worse. So much worse. It's showing the public that the problems with the institution are very, very deep.

Being from LA, and getting the rap that our sports fans aren't "die hard" enough, if this is what that means I take it as a complement. Pretty sure if Pete Carroll was accused of covering up kiddy rape during his hey day with USC, he wouldn't get this kind of defense from Trojan alum and fans. People must have nothing else going on in their lives but football in some of these college towns.

Cyan

Banned
SeanR1221 said:
"Hey Schulz. JoePa here. How's it going? Yeah, things are good over here, just finished practice, looking good on D this season I think. So hey. What happened with that Sandusky thing? Yeah, it's just he's still around kids all the time, and he still has an office here and everything, and you know, if McQueary made that whole thing up I'd really like to know."

"OMG insubordination/lawsuit! Why are you overstepping your bounds like this? Oh sweet Lord in heaven!"

SeanR1221

Cyan said:
"Hey Schulz. JoePa here. How's it going? Yeah, things are good over here, just finished practice, looking good on D this season I think. So hey. What happened with that Sandusky thing? Yeah, it's just he's still around kids all the time, and he still has an office here and everything, and you know, if McQueary made that whole thing up I'd really like to know."

"OMG insubordination/lawsuit! Why are you overstepping your bounds like this? Oh sweet Lord in heaven!"

:lol

All my close friends went to PSU and they would easily be in the Joe Pa riots.

It's crazy how devoted they are..

Judge who set unsecured bail for Sandusky is a second mile volunteer.

Did this picture get posted? I know it was talked about but seeing it like this grosses me out.
930818_6922.jpg

One other thing, PSU fans raised about 25 cents a piece for child abuse at the game. Good work!

ElRenoRaven

Spectral Glider said:
That fucking county is a joke and is almost giving all of PA a bad name.

Yup. That's not a fucking conflict of interest at all. *Rolls Eyes*

I swear can this system get any more fucking corrupt can it?

PsychoRaven said:
Yup. That's not a fucking conflict of interest at all. *Rolls Eyes*

I swear can this system get any more fucking corrupt can it?

Judges and politicians, the new organized crime. And what I don't understand is why, why Sandusky? What is the history on this scumbag that everybody wants to protect his filthy hide?

Spectral Glider said:
Judges and politicians, the new organized crime. And what I don't understand is why, why Sandusky? What is the history on this scumbag that everybody wants to protect his filthy hide?
Maybe they're protecting themselves, not just Sandusky

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Spectral Glider said:
That fucking county is a joke and is almost giving all of PA a bad name.

Dude, in betwwen Philly and The Pitt it's Alabama. Its called Pennsyltucky for a reason.

Anyone who's ever been to Centre County, Pennsylvania knows it's a screwy place, but I had no clue it was this messed up. Even without the Sandusky bullshit, it seems to be rife with corruption.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My mind is blown every time something new comes out about this case.

ChiTownBuffalo said:
Dude, in betwwen Philly and The Pitt it's Alabama. Its called Pennsyltucky for a reason.

Hey now don't drag Kentucky into this :(

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
ChiTownBuffalo said:
Let's not say things we may regret later...

bionic77

Spectral Glider said:
A lot of Judges in PA have been found to be doing all sorts of shady things in the last 4 years. Sadly doesn't surprise me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom