• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt he will since they immediately revoked his bail.

Good, Good. I hadn't heard anything on the networks about it yet.

That could also be a formality, revoke the bail and then grant bond at the court's discretion. Going to jail tonight looks like, and hopefully he goes straight to prison.

Hopefully his family has some money for when they sue him later.

No smiley faces from the back of the car this time.

Good, Good. I hadn't heard anything on the networks about it yet.

That could also be a formality, revoke the bail and then grant bond at the court's discretion. Going to jail tonight looks like, and hopefully he goes straight to prison.

Hopefully his family has some money for when they sue him later.

No smiley faces from the back of the car this time.

I honestly just saw a little smirk as he drove off.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
More people need to be locked up.
People in Penn State administration turning a blind eye to this ridiculous abuse.

We need more justice.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Well...442 year max sentence if he gets it.

ElRenoRaven

More people need to be locked up.
People in Penn State administration turning a blind eye to this ridiculous abuse.

We need more justice.

Oh I'm with you. The SOB who saw him raping a kid in the showers should join him. Hell of Joe Pa was alive he damn well should have too.

He was found guilty of crimes against every child.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The whole thing with the thought of "what does the NCAA" do is tricky.

What can they do? They aren't involved in criminal matters. They only deal with academics and amatuer statis. It'll be interesting to see if they do something, just to see the precedent created, and how the future of the NCAA will be after that.

Pollux

60yr minimum. Game over.

g g no re

What can they do? They aren't involved in criminal matters. They only deal with academics and amatuer statis. It'll be interesting to see if they do something, just to see the precedent created, and how the future of the NCAA will be after that.

Like the NCAA gives a shit about precedent and consistency...?

"Defense attorney Karl Rominger, as he exits the courtroom: "It was a tough case. We didn't exactly have a lot of time to prepare."

Excuses excuses. Your fucking client was guilty as sin.

They should shut that program down. The money and power of it allowed this to go on. Fuck it. Fuck Penn State.

Sandusky's face as they were putting him in the police car was pretty fucking awesome.

If what happened at Penn State doesn't fall under "lack of institutional control," then the NCAA needs to come up with a new definition.

MThanded

There is no ethics clause at all?

ElRenoRaven

"Defense attorney Karl Rominger, as he exits the courtroom: "It was a tough case. We didn't exactly have a lot of time to prepare."

Excuses excuses. Your fucking client was guilty as sin.

Hell he knew he was. He made the remark the other day that if he was found innocent of all charges Sandusky would have a heart attack. So they knew he was guilty as sin.

I think the Sandusky conviction was a lock. Now that that's done with it is definitely time to turn the focus hard onto the institutional enabling that took place at Penn State. It sounds like Freeh has been doing some serious work, and I hope it all ends with all those responsible facing criminal charges, just just Sandusky.

Talamius

This is the very definition of lack of institutional control. What SMU did was NOTHING compared to this.

giga

Horrible ruling. Hopefully they reinstate Paterno and McQueary. Gonna go riot at beaver stadium. Fuck this shit.

ElRenoRaven

I think the Sandusky conviction was a lock. Now that that's done with it is definitely time to turn the focus hard onto the institutional enabling that took place at Penn State. It sounds like Freeh has been doing some serious work, and I hope it all ends with all those responsible facing criminal charges, just just Sandusky.

Without a doubt. I really hope that too. Just a small part of justice was served tonight. Justice won't be fully served till every person who let this happen pays. Sadly not all of them will.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
A person like that gets essentially solitary for the rest of his life right? There's no way he'd be allowed in general population.

MThanded

Horrible ruling. Hopefully they reinstate Paterno and McQueary. Gonna go riot at beaver stadium. Fuck this shit.
Hopefully no trigger happy mod reads this post. Only some people here get the sarcasm lol.

A person like that gets essentially solitary for the rest of his life right? There's no way he'd be allowed in general population.
Depends on the state/prison. Either solitary or some kind of special protective unit where they keep crooked cops and pederasts, basically anyone with a high likelihood of being targeted by other prisoners.

C Jones

Exactly. Penn State has to pay for protecting and enabling this nutjob. This doesn't end here.

Fox Mulder

Turning a blind eye all in the name of college football. Crazy stuff. How ridiculous.

yeah, fuck penn state. Corrupt as shit for the money football brings in while children are being abused like this. Shut the program down, the university will be paying out tons of money anyways.

Exactly. Penn State has to pay for protecting and enabling this nutjob. This doesn't end here.
If anything, hopefully the conviction will now really open the floodgates on investigating all the rest of it. There's no doubts any more about whether or not this really happened, the guy has been convicted dozens of times over, and the only question now is who else was responsible?

I hope his prison showers aren't solitary.
Sweet poetic justice considering how many innocent lives Sandusky wrecked in a communal shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom