• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

If anything, hopefully the conviction will now really open the floodgates on investigating all the rest of it. There's no doubts any more about whether or not this really happened, the guy has been convicted dozens of times over, and the only question now is who else was responsible?

I think it would but I think as a result of this Penn State is going to be quick to settle with the victims because that's the last thing they will want.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
While I hated to see his face, when he pulled up to the courthouse, it is nice that we all glimpsed the last free moments of "Jer"

Here's to you eating maggot-infested prison food until you die.

The whole thing with the thought of "what does the NCAA" do is tricky.

What can they do? They aren't involved in criminal matters. They only deal with academics and amatuer statis. It'll be interesting to see if they do something, just to see the precedent created, and how the future of the NCAA will be after that.
That's what I thought too. But it looks like the NCAA does have a catch-all ethics/institutional responsibility clause although there is clearly no precedent set for this. And indeed the NCAA has initiated the first step of an investigation with their Notice of Inquiry.

I do believe that notice stated that the NCAA will wait until the State is done and also the federal government since the feds are investigating. It is possible Penn St. violated federal law by failing to properly disclose crimes committed on campus as required by law.

Here is a direct link to the notice from the PSU website, although it seems to be a bit sluggish right now.

Edit: Haven't read it lately, but I guess it is more a "pre-inquiry" letter. NCAA technically has not issued a formal Notice of Inquiry I guess.

Swing the mighty death hammer on the entire program at Penn State. Having a serial child rapist in the forefront of the program is bad enough, but almost everyone near him and his higher ups keeping the hush-hush for the sake of fucking "FEWTBAWL" is absolutely despicable. Nothing less than nuking the entire program would be fair here.

Now he's trying to say he's going to appeal...pfft

Eh, par for the course. Like you said, pfft.

Penn State's football program has to die for at least 10 years.
I would love to see them banned from the NCAA, I think it's totally warranted given the gravity of the crimes, but that won't happen.

Haha, the MSNBC coverage of the Sandusky verdict has pre-empted LOCKUP: EXTENDED STAY. Perfect.

Mrbob

Now that the state did the right thing, the feds should be going after the bigger issue. Time to go after the second mile and the joe paterno cover up.

Puddles

Banned

Life is far from perfect at this stage. Something or things have came into [alleged vicimt 4]'s life that appear to have taken him over. It's powerful, a cloud of smoke that has engulfed him, for Jer it has been a dark cloud. [Alleged victim's name] seemed to fight it, coming over trying to do hockey, but couldn't pull it off. He seems to be losing these battles more and more. Inch by inch the cloud has choked him and taken over. It has smothered sensitivity and love, taken away his caring and enthusiasm. His enthusiasm has been replaced by sleep, his caring replaced by apathy (no concern). "Tell me another story, Jer" has been replaced by "I don't care!" This cloud has destroyed soccer and hockey, chocked smiles and laughter. There is fear that it has reached his insides, killing his feelings.

I wonder what that dark cloud could have been.

I'm glad this fucker is going to get put away forever.

But why should the people who had shit to do with this get punished?

I.e the players and new staff?

Not trying to start anything since I do get that it isn't that important but they literally had nothing to do with it.

The admins that were there need to go but the dudes who were just hired shouldn't get caught in the crossfire, IMO.

Still glad the tickle monster will get his...hopefully.

Lonestar

hahah, audible groans from the crowd.

This is the guy that had a child with a young adult/teenager?

ElRenoRaven

I would love to see them banned from the NCAA, I think it's totally warranted given the gravity of the crimes, but that won't happen.

I agree but I actually think they very well could. Allowing a university that is so institutionally corrupt to cover up for a serial child rapist would tarnish the NCAA a lot. Oh and of course we're going to appeal and the public had already convicted him. Fuck you Joe Amendola.

Swing the mighty death hammer on the entire program at Penn State. Having a serial child rapist in the forefront of the program is bad enough, but almost everyone near him and his higher ups keeping the hush-hush for the sake of fucking "FEWTBAWL" is absolutely despicable. Nothing less than nuking the entire program would be fair here.

Eh, par for the course. Like you said, pfft.

Oh of course, it's just so disturbing.

I agree, shut PSU Football down for good.

C Jones

If anything, hopefully the conviction will now really open the floodgates on investigating all the rest of it. There's no doubts any more about whether or not this really happened, the guy has been convicted dozens of times over, and the only question now is who else was responsible?

Sweet poetic justice considering how many innocent lives Sandusky wrecked in a communal shower.
Yup. And a couple of weeks ago it came out that there is reason to believe that Gary Schultz had a secret file of Sandusky allegations. Penn State thought they could police themselves and now it can't be denied that they were protecting a monster.

His legal team has some lame excuses, anyone watching this nonsense?

They'll keep him in protective custody. There's no way they ever release him into the general population.

Agreed. He'll be in PC for most of his time. Isn't that akin to solitary though? Like locked up a VAST majority of the day in a cell with no real movement?

And well deserved, too. I really wish Penn State Football would shut down for a bit and get its house cleaned out. Some corrupt pieces of shit are there if they're willing to overlook all those allegations for so fucking long.

UrokeJoe

I'm just so sick of the evil hypocrites in this world and they really need to be dealt with bluntly. I'm happy, justice I guess.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh of course, it's just so disturbing.

I agree, shut PSU Football down for good.

I can't disagree. It's a corrupt organization that REALLY needs to be catching more shit from the media. I mean Penn State is responsible for every child that was raped (fuck this "molesting" bullshit...it was rape, pure and simple) after they were aware of the allegations but swept it under the rug...

ElRenoRaven

Oh Jerry didn't testify cause his adopted son was going to and if he did that would have destroyed any chance to get an acquittal. That right there tells you he knows he's guilty and I love the crowd giving this guy shit cause he's trying to say Sandusky is an innocent man who was wrongly found guilty. Yet they had a good jury he says. What a dope.

Lonestar

Oh Jerry didn't testify cause his adopted son was going to and if he did that would have destroyed any chance to get an acquittal. That right there tells you he knows he's guilty and I love the crowd giving this guy shit cause he's trying to say Sandusky is an innocent man.

Think that was the general theory when the news first broke about the adopted son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom