• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quaere

I'm glad this fucker is going to get put away forever.

But why should the people who had shit to do with this get punished?

I.e the players and new staff?

Not trying to start anything since I do get that it isn't that important but they literally had nothing to do with it.

The admins that were there need to go but the dudes who were just hired shouldn't get caught in the crossfire, IMO.

Still glad the tickle monster will get his...hopefully.
NCAA action will take time. The current players and staff at that time will be able to make other arrangements.

For the NCAA guys, again, the NCAA is actually looking into this and has notified PSU about with might be coming... I think the NCAA will wait until after the federal government is done, though.

Here is the NCAA notice.

I know defense attorneys get paid a shit ton of money for this stuff (one I know gets $25K just for going to trial) but man I couldn't live with myself.

ElRenoRaven

I know defense attorneys get paid a shit ton of money for this stuff (one I know gets $25K just for going to trial) but man I couldn't live with myself.

Same here. I could never be a defense lawyer for the same reason. I loved the way the crowd cheered when he said that essentially this was a life sentence.

Pollux

You would be surprised how easy it is...(working for a medical malpractice defense firm this summer...it's quite easy...just put "allegedly" before everything and don't contemplate the alternative)

I don't know why Amendola would even do this. Yes, under our justice system everyone is entitled to a defense, but once it's over and done, why make yourself look like even more of a prick by going out there and continuing to whine about Sandusky's innocence?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
yay, lets cheer for the prosecution team that managed to blunder this information for over a decade.

I really think they should reopen the case into the first district attorney who investigated Sandusky in 2005 who "mysteriously" went missing. Especially if Mark Madden's story of Sandusky being tied to a ring of rich pedophiles is true.

I don't know why Amendola would even do this. Yes, under our justice system everyone is entitled to a defense, but once it's over and done, why make yourself look like even more of a prick by going out there and continuing to whine about Sandusky's innocence?

Because he's a molesting freak like Sandusky. He got a 16 year old girl pregnant.

Who the fuck would ever want to be represented by Amendola after this? The guy is fucking radioactive. Even an innocent defendant would have any jury looking at him hard once they see this guy step up to defend him.

Pollux

Because he's getting paid to do that extra whining.

Shouldn't end here. No one will convince me there weren't people completely aware of his shit who need to be prosecuted as well.

Paterno knew, but didn't want to "know." The assistant coach was a coward. The charity that Sandusky was a member of are frauds and should have a lot guilt in this.

FyreWulff

Penn State needs to pretty much not have a football program anymore. Paterno's coverups pretty much erased their entire football legacy anyway.

Trigger

I really think they should reopen the case into the first district attorney who investigated Sandusky in 2005 who "mysteriously" went missing. Especially if Mark Madden's story of Sandusky being tied to a ring of rich pedophiles is true.

I'm sure we'll hear about it in a decade or so if they keep up their current pace.

I think the most truly disgusting person so far is his own damn wife. Pure victim blaming horseshit from someone who managed to never notice soiled underwear, boys crying or screaming? Whatever, lying sack of shit.

I think the most truly disgusting person so far is his own damn wife. Pure victim blaming horseshit from someone who managed to never notice soiled underwear, boys crying or screaming? Whatever, lying sack of shit.

She must have, at the very least, suspected something. Where to go from there? Blame the victim of course!

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I guess I view Amendola differently as an attorney.

I would not have been able to live up to my duties as an attorney had I been his position. And, I felt he was gracious in his defeat, and realistic about what happens next and his chances.

But that's more of a professional critique than anything else.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I agree. People hiding a pedophile so they can get some more football money. SMH
From some of the other articles that have been posted, I think they were less concerned with football money, and more concerned with protecting their personal investments wrapped up in Sandusky and the second mile.

She must have, at the very least, suspected something. Where to go from there? Blame the victim of course!

One victim said that he screamed for help while he was in their basement and she was at home. She knew but she covered things up just like every other person that could've helped.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
But most of the staff is already gone...

The former AD will probably get his soon too (or rather he should).

They kinda have cleaned house.

Why should that make any difference? The NCAA lowers the hammer on programs that give kids rent money! They should use the nuclear option on this kind of disgusting corruption.

Edit:
From some of the other articles that have been posted, I think they were less concerned with football money, and more concerned with protecting their personal investments wrapped up in Sandusky and the second mile.
Do you really think that the retirement home and golf course they were planning on building wasn't going to have Paterno himself advertising it?

One victim said that he screamed for help while he was in their basement and she was at home. She knew but she covered things up just like every other person that could've helped.

She should be serving a sentence too then. Everyone who had a hand in covering his tracks and making sure more kids were victimized deserves to be in prison too.

ElRenoRaven

That's one reason I tend to wonder about the rumors of the sex ring of rich donors. Why would she turn such a blind eye unless there was money and power to be had by turning a blind eye?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Why should that make any difference? The NCAA lowers the hammer on programs that give kids rent money! They should use the nuclear option on this kind of disgusting corruption.
Lack of Institutional Control. That and the civil lawsuits may destroy not only PSU football, but the University as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/216358551327748097

Why will it take 3 months to sentence this piece of shit?

Appeals. Court system takes FOREVER to finally sentence and say "no, your sentence stands. That's final."

zmoney said:
"...Sandusky trolled for victims..." :jnc

Remember when "trolled" meant more than the internet definition? Pepperidge Farms remembers...

In any case: Good. I hope there is no appeal or they get denied quickly. Dude needs to be locked away for good.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
That's one reason I tend to wonder about the rumors of the sex ring of rich donors. Why would she turn such a blind eye unless there was money and power to be had by turning a blind eye?

You know...that made me think about the many, many times I've been around Mrs. Sandusky. Maybe there was someone terribly hurt, scared and shocked into denial about her and the only way she could keep things together was to be the perfect mom/wife. Because, that's what I remember of her, she was like everyone's mom when we were over there.

On the other hand, Jerry was like everyone's dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom