• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
News channel says they deliberated over 21 hours.

Long enough to worry? Or More like long enough to go through the shitload of charges in a steady, deliberate process of saying "Guilty" a bunch?

There he is....just...ugh, I can't look at him
I'm guessing this. Of course they have to do their due diligence and discuss it at length. Maybe there was a holdout on some of the charges, who knows.

Seda

The court is about to convene according to FN. They're about to cut off communications to the press in the court room when they do. Could take at least 20 mins to get it.

Yup, no Texting or Tweeting allowed.

Also the sheer number of charges will drag this out a bit.

ElRenoRaven

Yup, no Texting or Tweeting allowed.

Also the sheer number of charges will drag this out a bit.

Yup. They have to read the verdicts for all the billion charges then they have to go over the jury to confirm it was unanimous.

What channel are y'all watching? I'm ok MSNBC and they just have commentators. Am I missing anything?

I'm a dirty conservative so I'm watching Fox News. Say what you want but they are damn good at covering breaking news.

Sanjuro

There he is....just...ugh, I can't look at him

1DIB4.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Hoping so. Just to make sure there's no hiccups when it comes to his eventual appeal. That nothing from the Jury could be overturned.

Fox has a guy outside, but they're back with Shepard and commentators

I really think this jury was aware of things and made it a point to dot their I's and cross their T's. That's one reason they went back in a couple times to get clarifications and stuff I'm figuring.

You have some courage to admit this on GAF

Oh I know. I'm weird though in that I'm conservative but very liberal on a couple things like health care for example. But yea for the most part I stay out of political discussions here for that very reason. lol

Previous

check out my new Swatch
What channel are y'all watching? I'm ok MSNBC and they just have commentators. Am I missing anything?

CNN, my cables down and there the only one that streams their full broadcasts live ove the internet.

Pretty sure CNN & MSNBC also have live non-commentated streams just waiting for someone to speak at the mic outside the courthouse for people asking for free streams. for those without cable subs to sign into.

Pollux

Oh I know. I'm weird though in that I'm conservative but very liberal on a couple things like health care for example. But yea for the most part I stay out of political discussions here for that very reason. lol

haha then you're the same as me. my political views are a complete clusterfuck and are all over the map. I just like a number of the anchors on MSNBC and that's what my parents watched when I was growing up so I'm just used to it I guess.

If guilty, what are the chances the people on the steps break out into applause? :jnc

Seda

@nytimes: NYT NEWS ALERT: Sandusky Is Found Guilty on 45 of 48 Counts in Child Sexual Abuse Case”

EDIT: Others say 46 of 48

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Doh, I went to go make something, figuring it would have been a little while. Missed it.

But Good. Wonder why he missed out on 3 of the 48 charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom