• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn State football pedophilia thread (UPDATE: NCAA sanctions handed down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
People in here know my feeling on this but I'll just say it again. Death penalty...permanently.
I was thinking something Biblically flavoured: No football until every single faculty member who was associated with the program over this period and failed to act is dead. Would probably kill it for many decades, but methinks it'd get the point across with sufficient gravity (protect your bad apples and we'll burn the barrel).

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
To free a wrongly convicted innocent man according to this scumbag.

Once again, in Amendola's defense. He's still on the job. Like I said before, he's being very pragmatic. His duty is to his client and to represent his interests.

I'd like for him to write a book about the whole deal after its over.

Pollux

I was thinking something Biblically flavoured: No football until every single faculty member who was associated with the program over this period and failed to act is dead. Would probably kill it for many decades, but methinks it'd get the point across with sufficient gravity (protect your bad apples and we'll burn the barrel).

okwiththis.png

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Which is why I can't fathom why he just congratulated the prosecution. What a dolt.

Well, its strategy. You don't look good shit talking a team that just destroyed you 45 - 3. You also don't look goo shit talking the ref (Judges) either.

Well, its strategy. You don't look good shit talking a team that just destroyed you 45 - 3. You also don't look goo shit talking the ref (Judges) either.

Yeah, but if I were just wrongly convicted of raping children (which is clearly not the case here, but bear with me), I sure as hell wouldn't want my defense attorney congratulating the people who just put me in prison.

I'm not wishing rape on anyone. I'm merely touching on a very likely consequence of Sandusky's crimes and recent conviction.

Don't try to play coy, you know what you posted. That kind of attitude is what keeps rape so prevalent in prison and people not giving a shit.

Penn St put out a statement. Basically, we'll keep looking into this and a call fro victims to come forward for counseling and "compensation" in private.

PSU Statement

Kind of surreal looking at the other blog posts calling for new compliance staff and more training on that federal Clery Act law that they likely violated.

She should be serving a sentence too then. Everyone who had a hand in covering his tracks and making sure more kids were victimized deserves to be in prison too.

I couldn't agree more. But it looks like she'll get away and so will the other people that knew. I haven't heard anything about her being potentially charged with anything, which is amazing. There's just no way that she didn't know what was going on. Way too many adults knew about this and just turned a blind eye to it.

That's one reason I tend to wonder about the rumors of the sex ring of rich donors. Why would she turn such a blind eye unless there was money and power to be had by turning a blind eye?

There are some husbands and wives that'll stick by their spouse no matter what. I think that's one reason why she attacked them when she took the stand. Try to destroy their character and maybe the jury won't believe them even though she knew it was true.

ChiTownBuffalo

Yeah, but if I were just wrongly convicted of raping children (which is clearly not the case here, but bear with me), I sure as hell wouldn't want my defense attorney congratulating the people who just put me in prison.

Well, here's probably how it went down.

Joe: Jerry, you ARE going to get convicted. That's the way it is. Accept it.

Jerry: No, I'm innocent I've got to fight it.

Joe: No you are a kiddie rapist and you are going to die in jail. You know how I am even going to have any ground to stand on? Not to act a damn irrational, reactionary fool. I already don't have shit to work with. So you just sit there, shut up and don't do anything to kill your already shitty chances.

I couldn't agree more. But it looks like she'll get away and so will the other people that knew. I haven't heard anything about her being potentially charged with anything, which is amazing. There's just no way that she didn't know what was going on. Way too many adults knew about this and just turned a blind eye to it.

Yeah in an ideal situation anyone who had knowledge of what he was doing would be serving his sentence right along with him.

JoeBoy101

Penn St put out a statement. Basically, we'll keep looking into this and a call fro victims to come forward for counseling and "compensation" in private.

PSU Statement

Kind of surreal looking at the other blog posts calling for new compliance staff and more training on that federal Clery Act law that they likely violated.

I know they're probably honestly trying, but reading that whole statement just sounds like marketing code for, "Please, don't hit us!!!"

I'd have sympathy for them given the firestorm of shit they are going to have to trudge through, if this was not involving the sexual abuse of children. Or sexual abuse in general.

In this case, fuck 'em. Burn 'em and salt the earth. Metaphorically of course.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Well, here's probably how it went down.

Joe: Jerry, you ARE going to get convicted. That's the way it is. Accept it.

Jerry: No, I'm innocent I've got to fight it.

Joe: No you are a kiddie rapist and you are going to die in jail. You know how I am even going to have any ground to stand on? Not to act a damn irrational, reactionary fool. I already don't have shit to work with. So you just sit there, shut up and don't do anything to kill your already shitty chances.

Should have let him take the stand like he wanted and have him cross-examined.

ChiTownBuffalo

Yeah in an ideal situation anyone who had knowledge of what he was doing would be serving his sentence right along with him.

What about his kids? I know Matt, Jeff and a couple of the other kids.

ChiTownBuffalo

Should have let him take the stand like he wanted and have him cross-examined.

No, attorneys are supposed to act int he best interest of their clients.

That would have been horrible. Not that it could have gotten any worse for Jerry. But can you imagine:

"But I just love kids. I love being around them."

Nope.

ChiTownBuffalo

Aren't they victims too?

I don't want to get too into it, but some of them are really tight, some were not, and some were not stable as a result of their family situations before the Sanduskies adopted them.

Are some victims? Yeah. Would some have help cover it up? Uhm...yeah.

CorvoSol

What bugs me the most is how sincere he sounds about all of it. Like, it makes anybody who earnestly does care about the children who are in their care look suspect.

To be honest shutting down the fb program would almost destroy Penn State that's all they have going for them.

The University putting all its eggs into the basket of this football program created a shield of protection around a man destroying the innocence of young men for over a decade. That kind of corruption deserves to be torn up at the root.

I rather like this solution.

ChiTownBuffalo

My dad helped at a football camp for kids when I was a kid, and he was faculty. So, he goes to jail too?

Speaking of which, fucking awkward for him to call and ask me stuff when all this broke.

Once again, in Amendola's defense. He's still on the job. Like I said before, he's being very pragmatic. His duty is to his client and to represent his interests.

I'd like for him to write a book about the whole deal after its over.
I can't imagine he could, really, without betraying attorney/client confidentiality.

Forever

Banned
I don't want to get too into it, but some of them are really tight, some were not, and some were not stable as a result of their family situations before the Sanduskies adopted them.

Are some victims? Yeah. Would some have help cover it up? Uhm...yeah.

Are you suggesting that to blame those who protected Sandusky, we must also blame physically and psychologically abused children that were under his influence for a prolonged period of time?

I have no problem with Amendola doing his job, but fuck him for going on CNN and saying that the family alleges Matt Sandusky has mental health problems. If true that's nothing to just put out in public, especially when Matt didn't even testify.

ChiTownBuffalo

Are you suggesting that to blame those who protected Sandusky, we must also blame physically and psychologically abused children that were under his influence for a prolonged period of time?

I've been going over my childhood alot since this came to light. Every family has issues. And I would imagine maybe a family full of adopted kids has a different dynamic. I'm also an only child, so I would know even less. But hanging around, you know where loyalties may lie. Not all of the kids were at court.

But, for the most part, in my recollection, those kids were never in want and the Sanduskies fostered and adopted a lot of kids and gave them opportunities they may not have ever had.

I just turned the TV back on.

Keep on being Pennsyltucky residents of Centre County.

I haven't been following too much. Is there a reason people are calling the guy's lawyer a scumbag other than the fact that he defended him?

I haven't been following too much. Is there a reason people are calling the guy's lawyer a scumbag other than the fact that he defended him?

That's probably the only reason. Still, it's his job to give him the best possible defense, even if you can drive a freight train through the logic attempted to be employed by council. Even if he believes he's guilty (which his lawyer did).

Impregnated a teenager I believe.
o

ChiTownBuffalo

Are pedophile's put in with the general prison population or are they separated? Kind of a dumb question.

Separated.

That's probably the only reason. Still, it's his job to give him the best possible defense, even if you can drive a freight train through the logic attempted to be employed by council. Even if he believes he's guilty (which his lawyer did).

o

This was one of the articles posted earlier I believe:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sandusky_lawyer_impregnated_teenage_7jKwQMCeBlm9RSdr9zeutK#ixzz1dmdG1GT4

ChiTownBuffalo

The woman on MSNBC was saying that it depended on the state and that she didn't know how it was in PA.

He's too high profile. He would be separated because he is high risk.

Slayven

Man that was quick, haven't really been following but I thought they were just getting started.

I hope the look back into the missing DA, that was shady from jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom