• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Dunlop

This thread reminds me of when Homer kept beating the Krusty Burglar.

this.

This topic was hilarious when the live action was happening, not so much anymore

He was a shitty rep who lost his contract and probably any career in the industry which is definitely deserved, he sounds like a dickhead in real life.

He didn't kill anyone. It should not get to the point where his family life is attacked.

this.

This topic was hilarious when the live action was happening, not so much anymore

He was a shitty rep who lost his contract and probably any career in the industry which is definitely deserved, he sounds like a dickhead in real life.

He didn't kill anyone. It should not get to the point where his family life is attacked.

again, the thread is still going because he has done subsequent shitty things and has been making ridiculously and potentially slanderous claims in a series of interviews he's given since.

the live action is, in other words, absolutely still happening.

Jintor

Reading the Forbes interview with Paul is a barrel of fun.

Paul, supposedly*, sells thousands of dollars of product and he gives himself the credit for that. Paul makes a series of bad decisions and gets hammered for it. Well that's not his fault, and he is the victim.

This gentleman has a long ways to travel. Many of us do, but overcoming his ego and failure to take responsibility for his actions when the result isn't positive are going to be a long tough road for him to travel.

Linky to interview: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danieln...m-control-to-ko-paul-christoforo-interviewed/

*= Since he has been proven to be a liar (Mayor of Boston), I am going to be skeptical of this claim by default.

What an amazing cockshit. He's spinning it, spinning it, spinning it. He's on a bloody merry-go-round of spin and he can't, won't, get off.

The best part about the MMA metaphor is, as someone pointed out in the comments, that whatever way you swing it you're still going around a bar picking fights with people for no fucking reason.

mik83kuu

Banned
this.

C'mon. You can do better than this.

this.

Losing your job through incompetency tends to impact your family, yes.

Ketch

Not even to the interview and the hosts have already gotten it screwed up.

He didn't get caught on a bad day, he has a history of these shitty emails... more then 1 customer.

And on top of that, the emails in question took place over the span of a week. It's not like he had 1 bad email and then was like shit my bad I shouldn't do that... he has consistently shown that he's ass to strangers.

Not even to the interview and the hosts have already gotten it screwed up.

He didn't get caught on a bad day, he has a history of these shitty emails... more then 1 customer.

And on top of that, the emails in question took place over the span of a week. It's not like he had 1 bad email and then was like shit my bad I shouldn't do that... he has constinently shown that he's ass to strangers.

Yeah, this is going to be a very frustrating interview for anyone who has actually been following it. Giving it 5 more minutes.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yeah does not sound promising so far, it's not like Engadget and other sites did a recap of the whole ordeal into one convenient article

Yeah, this is going to be a very frustrating interview for anyone who has actually been following it. Giving it 5 more minutes.

do they not know that he's already been given a number of softball interviews where he gave his hilarious side of the story? i still need to hear the sound of his voice though. i need to know how close my imagined version of his voice is.

Card Boy

Banned
However is talking to him, ask him about this one unhappy Australian customer?

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic.php?p=329174#329174

This thread just keeps on delivering lol. And its from September 27, so its definatly not faked. Fucken hell Paul thats another strike added to your name from the many you have already racked up.

and then his replies:

"OK so do it , then Your a nobody . Were a Major company Selling to 8 countries and all over the United states and Canada lol, Go ahead with your press by the way did you ship your defective controller back ? I have people in Australia Selling my controller retail who cares what you say call the news and the press alert channel 5 and Fox news this is gonna be a breaking story... Do you think your the first to bitch and complain and talk smack hahah Im not gonna call any police there is no need Love the free press your gonna give us though you know what they say any press is good press so join the handful of other losers and im looking forward to it hopefully it drives in a few more sales controversy always does. So if your all fired up and have nothing better to do with your life then knock your self out partner ride wallaby till and legs fall out and go walkabout. Like I said im not wasting another dollar until you ship your unit back to us your not keeping 2 Avengers follow policy and if your afraid to call a store in your own county that has avengers in stock then your a weirdo you have avengers there no customs no tax. Call Toys Down under www.toysdownunder.com and ill tell them give you a unit or go on your childish rampage. Thanks for the entertainment im not wasting anymore time with you. Ive had enough laughs and given you tons of solutions and your controller was shipped."
Then he found out I'd left some comments on youtube:
"LOL we have to approve those comments they dont show up you turd hahaha!!!
the only thing you did was **** up my feedback you punk , oh well the other guy is removing his I sent him a brand new avenger ! you can leave yours Ill call ebay tomorrow and handle it and show them the emails and your threats feedback will be removed stat thanks have a good one"

They are now reading the e-mails "dramatically" attempting to make it sound pro-Paul, which is going to be pretty funny when we get into the deeper e-mails.

Ketch

Somebody find the link in this thread to the other customer from a long ass time ago who also was cursed at by Paul in customer service emails pls... I'm looking now, just don't remember what page it was on.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit I wanna punch those interview idiots like all the time. Damn they are annoying.

Card Boy

Banned
For the new page. From September 27

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic.php?p=329174#329174

and then his replies:

"OK so do it , then Your a nobody . Were a Major company Selling to 8 countries and all over the United states and Canada lol, Go ahead with your press by the way did you ship your defective controller back ? I have people in Australia Selling my controller retail who cares what you say call the news and the press alert channel 5 and Fox news this is gonna be a breaking story... Do you think your the first to bitch and complain and talk smack hahah Im not gonna call any police there is no need Love the free press your gonna give us though you know what they say any press is good press so join the handful of other losers and im looking forward to it hopefully it drives in a few more sales controversy always does. So if your all fired up and have nothing better to do with your life then knock your self out partner ride wallaby till and legs fall out and go walkabout. Like I said im not wasting another dollar until you ship your unit back to us your not keeping 2 Avengers follow policy and if your afraid to call a store in your own county that has avengers in stock then your a weirdo you have avengers there no customs no tax. Call Toys Down under www.toysdownunder.com and ill tell them give you a unit or go on your childish rampage. Thanks for the entertainment im not wasting anymore time with you. Ive had enough laughs and given you tons of solutions and your controller was shipped."
Then he found out I'd left some comments on youtube:
"LOL we have to approve those comments they dont show up you turd hahaha!!!
the only thing you did was **** up my feedback you punk , oh well the other guy is removing his I sent him a brand new avenger ! you can leave yours Ill call ebay tomorrow and handle it and show them the emails and your threats feedback will be removed stat thanks have a good one"

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap they actually have absolutely no idea what happened, like, at all. Professional internet gaming press, ladies and gentlemen.

This is so embarassing.

edit: Holy crap. At least glance over what's the story behind your fucking interview. FFS this is beyond stupid.

Top Bottom