• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Jintor

How the fuck do these idiots get jobs in PR? You have one job, to be polite to everybody, and you fucking manage to screw that shit up?

Jesus fucking christ. What a moron.

yeah, the site doesn't work
41J5Nl%2BtREL.jpg

What am I look at. Has it been attacked by a facecrab, or is it 360 controller for The Predator?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
as much as i hate raging, maniacal douchebag bullies with a mafia complex, i think i hate people who ALL CAPS WEIGHTED POINTS IN THEIR ARGUMENT that little bit more.

big_z

I'm confused. I thought the Ocean Marketing thing was an outside thing, like hired by the controller add-on makers. That message makes it seem like he is in support of that Paul guy. I mean, if I was the company that made the product and a Douche caused a PR nightmare I'd distance myself from them as much as I can, not side with them.

This Paul guy was hired to create and run the controllers webpage, twitter, etc. He claims he has a company of 120 people working for him but it's actually just him.

LiK

How the fuck do these idiots get jobs in PR? You have one job, to be polite to everybody, and you fucking manage to screw that shit up?

Jesus fucking christ. What a moron.
The customer wasn't even that bad about it either which made it look even worse for the PR douche.

Your. You're. It's difficult to take either side seriously when they insist on writing like an eight year old.
Serious? This argument in itself is pretty childish.
so..let's see if i got this right.

a plastic shell costs 50 bucks?
There is obviously more to it than a shell.

And for the record, I have no stake in this thing. I don't even want one. Just some of the things that you guys complain about are too silly to ignore.

Chuckpebble

The controller guy is an unprofessional d-bag, but still, PA shouldn't have stooped to the "Let's publish this jerk's info" game, comes off a bit childish on them.

EDIT: Well, I guess it ain't that bad, is a company after all.

wrowa

I don't have any sympathy for the company, to be honest. That guy is doing this shit for months, I don't buy that they have been oblivious to his behaviour for a second. It seems more likely that they simply didn't care that their customer service is atrocious -- and if a company doesn't care about the way its costumers are being treated, I don't care for them either.

I hope they will fire him very soon. They should have done that months ago already.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No, it looked dumb. I do wish a company would make a high end controller, something with better sticks.

h3ro

i don't understand how this controller can be used for people with disabilities

Some people, secondary to injuries or deformities, can't reach certain buttons or don't have the range of motion to perform some actions required, this allows them to use an alternate method to press button.

Darryl

Banned
I thought this would hurt their brand, but this news isn't even staying exclusively in the gaming community anymore. It's #1 on reddit right now. They're probably going to sell tons of these to people who don't know better now.

Jintor

The controller guy is an unprofessional d-bag, but still, PA shouldn't have stooped to the "Let's publish this jerk's info" game, comes off a bit childish on them.

EDIT: Well, I guess it ain't that bad, is a company after all.

A) Gabe relishes his internet attack dog power, though he rarely uses it.

B) All that stuff is public contact information. It's not like he put his home address up there or anything.

Neverfade

I don't have any sympathy for the company, to be honest. That guy is doing this shit for months, I don't buy that they have been oblivious to his behaviour for a second. It seems more likely that they simply didn't care that their customer service is atrocious -- and if a company doesn't care about the way its costumers are being treated, I don't care for them either.

I hope they will fire him very soon. They should have done that months ago already.

Sorry, brah. The mayor of Boston already assured him that his job is secure.

AWWW shit on!

Maybe but hes also probably gotten AVENGERCONTROLLER.COM more hits today than the entire 2011 because of his shennanigans.

Well if his plan was to shut the company down by the end of the year and go out with a fuckton of hits on the website then I guess it was a good plan.

I never heard of the Avenger controller so I Googled it. First link was to Kotaku's story.

Top Bottom