• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Perfect Dark New Trailer Released | Xbox Showcase 2024

StueyDuck

I get it, the original PD was a straight up hardcore FPS game. Goldeneye 2. None of this Mirror's Edge stuff and the like.

But I think the franchise has the room to change and adapt. And maybe it should, because trying to be a straight up hardcore FPS in this market is a different beast than in the N64 days, which is the last time PD happened.

I'm not counting PD0 of course.

I really don't think we've seen enough of the game to draw these conclusions. You didn't even know aliens were in PD until some time into the game, nevermind the first trailer.
We don't speak of perfect dark zero 🤣

You are correct we don't know enough yet, but I still feel it's giving off a different game altogether. They need to show more I guess.

As I say it still looks like a good game. I just wish it wasn't perfect dark

Kurimao

epVej96.gif

mortal

Banned
That looked pretty great. Seems like the dev team managed to get through the hardship if those troubled development rumors were true.

Sephimoth

Looks fine (apart from DEI jaw), I just hope its not straying too far from what made the OG good

Hard to get a read on how it will play

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I thought it looked pretty good, but I love parkour style games and this looks to have strong elements of that. I'll be checking this out.

Robb

Gold Member
It’s cool to finally see it. Not really what I expected it to be though. Was hoping for something more playful with fun spy gadgets and gameplay mechanics.

I think it looks like a very decent perfect dark game. Got gadgets and futuristic looking city, sneaking about James bond like as well. Much better than I imagined

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not the game of the show but definitely the biggest surprise of the show.

Wasn't expecting them to show a mostly-gameplay trailer for this, scripted or not.

Antwix

Game looks really good. Thought the gunplay in particular looked great. And some mirror's edge parkouring? In.

Shifty1897

The gameplay was omega fake, what the fuck was that
I definitely saw some moments that were gameplay and thought... that's never been done before, how is that going to work?

But I wouldn't call it fake gameplay.

Last edited:

SaintALia

Doesn't look much like 'Perfect Dark', looked more like 'Darkened Mirror's Edge'.

You'd think for a Perfect Dark trailer, they'd try and highlight the weaponry and gadgets, but nope, they chose to focus on melee combat and traversal, things very much not synonymous with the franchise. But this is a reboot of sorts, so 'Bold move Cotton' etc etc.

pepodmc_

Game looks good enough.

But an absolute bastardisation of the IP. Absolutely nothing In this is perfect dark at all other than the name in the title.

Looks like they've just attached a random game to an ip because they were worried it wouldn't sell.

As been mentioned, calling this a deus ex sequel is more apt

There is also alot of cyberpunk style fake gameplay but most games do that with their vertical slice so I'm not gonna knock it for that

Edit: I see where the narrative is going with the game and Joanna. I just want it to be clear my gripes are with the game itself resembling nothing to what I consider perfect dark to be. It has nothing to do with the looks of the character
It looks a lot like a sequel of crisis 2 in aesthetics

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i could almost fit my dick between those double cheeks

but game looks good, good for the Perfect Dark IP

Brigandier

Looks decent , glad to see it's actually coming along now but Joanna looking very MS pronouns sweet baby Jesus.

Antwix

They should focus on the single player experience but I hope this has some nice casual multiplayer like the original (and 007) had.

xrnzaaas

Looks pretty interesting even though the lead is a bit too tranny looking. I haven't played the original so it doesn't have to live up to any expectations.

Top Bottom