• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB12

Just watched the finished the episode, great opening song and great ending.
This show
whewobama6wsmk.png

"You really think you're the one that's going to kill me?"

"Oh, no, my friend is going to kill you. I'm just going to watch."

Goddamn, this show. Always delivers.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That was amazing. Time went so fast with this episode in comparison to the last one. At least the recovery period is not all the way to January like I thought!

And that intro, man...

Wiktor

Jesus Christ. That's how you make a spectacular television. Such incredible episode.
Loved how it was structured as team following Reese's path of destruction. John was a beast this episode. Loved all the therapy scenes. Especially Reese's and most of all Fusco's.
Loved how Reese still tried to kill Quinn, but ran out of bullets and then Fusco beating Simmons and not killing him. And then finally Elias doing it.

Also...it was such a a beautifully directed episode. The opening and closing with a heart line. The visuals of John's hand and gun all covered in blood. etc.

Incredible, simply incredible episode.

Holy fuck.

This episode.

So goddamned good. Start to finish. Amazing. The Devil's Share is such an appropriate name for this episode.

First, the music. The opening set to 'Hurt' was so good. Perfect opening given the aftermath of the last one. Reese and Shaw on the warpath, everybody else suffering, done beautifully. The music that played when Reese took on the Feds was fantastic as well.

Reese going into full-on Batman mode before confronting Quinn was amazing. His scene with Quinn was pretty terrifying. Angel of death, man.

The flashbacks with the shrinks were excellent. Good measure of how far our heroes have come, and how far they have to go.

Fusco was so fucking good in this episode. His confrontation with Simmons was heart-wrenching. When he's talking about Carter, some serious feels. And him arresting him was such a fuck yeah moment.

Root working with the team so well was quite a pleasant surprise. I wonder where Harold and Root go from here.

That final scene with Elias and Simmons. Wow. I was not expecting that, but it really does feel like the perfect finale for this arc. I really like how the shadow of Carter hung around everyone (EVERYONE) this episode. It felt right.

Amazing episode. Best show on television.

iB1I5jReTFAUK.gif

This came out a lot more creepier than I expected...

So funny.

"Two guns? That's kind of lame"

"OK that was kinda hot"

LOL Shaw

Shaw + Root is the sexiest pairing on TV right now.

So hot.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So glad that Elias and Scarface are still around, which is crazy, because they were pretty nasty at times in season 1 (the Baby episode). The vocal pattern that Enrico shows off, is always interesting.

"We're something....hmm, older"

It'll be interesting (and a little sad) whenever they become more on the side of "villains" that are dealt with. With the long arc he's on, whatever end he might have will be something great. While Scarface will live on for all eternity, only appearing out of nowhere on surveillance camera's around the world, off to the side, in stolen police uniforms.

So glad that Elias and Scarface are still around, which is crazy, because they were pretty nasty at times in season 1 (the Baby episode). The vocal pattern that Enrico shows off, is always interesting.

"We're something....hmm, older"

It'll be interesting (and a little sad) whenever they become more on the side of "villains" that are dealt with. With the long arc he's on, whatever end he might have will be something great. While Scarface will live on for all eternity, only appearing out of nowhere on surveillance camera's around the world, off to the side, in stolen police uniforms.

It's crazy that Scarface is like the most enigmatic character on the show. We've got an insight into just about every character except him.

I have never really commented on the soundtrack before besides saying its amazing but my god
that is some classic Shirley Walker BTAS shit. every character(even the machine and Bear) organization and even situations have their own unique music motifs.
And with dozens of new variations every time.
thats always my favorite type of scoring.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Holy crap!

Fantastic story-arch and episode! So many badass moments to list; it's basically a roller coaster ride since I haven't had time to reflect back on the last 3 episodes and how the show's dynamic is going to work going forward. That ending, Elias, love it!

And the music, wowowow! Miami Showdown is sick!

ZenaxPure

That song is pretty awesome, been listening to it since I woke up. Honestly though the entire original soundtrack is great, I've been listening to songs from it a lot over the past month or so since I decided to rewatch the show from the start. Listening with a million ears is probably my favorite track in the show as a whole, the last minute in particular IS Person of Interest as far as I am concerned.

Waku

I'm sorry but that episode.... SOOOO GOOD.

GIFS.

badass14wu9c.gif
badass2n5u33.gif

badass4m7utq.gif
badass50humh.gif

That was a whole hour filled completly with badassery. Just amazing

WOW JUST WOW AGAIN SHOW !!!!!

Just when you think it can not get ANY better it just DID.

A FUCKING MAZING AGAIN !!! :D:D:D HOLY SHIT !

Music this ep specially FANTASTIC holy shit!

Dat intro
DAT INTRO IN KNOW !!!
Fuck... starting the show with Johnny Cash. That song always gets one.
To true
"Two guns? That's kind of lame"

"OK that was kinda hot"

LOL Shaw
SO HOT so awesome
Just thinking about this gets me :D:D:D
According to the POI wiki, the hotel song was: "Miami Showdown" by Digitalism
Thanks going to search for it right now
That hotel beat down song was so good.
To true amazing sound design and music this ep.
I'm sorry but that episode.... SOOOO GOOD.

GIFS.

badass14wu9c.gif
badass2n5u33.gif

badass4m7utq.gif
badass50humh.gif

That was a whole hour filled completly with badassery. Just amazing
MORE PLEASE! :D

NotTheGuyYouKill how is your hart doing today? :p

Music from the hotel scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OIuffXWtwg

Wiktor

Dat lighting work in this show
tumblr_mwxpa8KJNT1rojh56o1_400.gif

I aprecieated the return of solemn Reese, Cavieziel can be so effortlessly threatening. Glorious.

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
If there was ever another Nolan Batman, Jim could play the role and I wouldn't even be mad. Episode was TOO GOOD! Also, dat music.

I have never really commented on the soundtrack before besides saying its amazing but my god
that is some classic Shirley Walker BTAS shit. every character(even the machine and Bear) organization and even situations have their own unique music motifs.
And with dozens of new variations every time.
thats always my favorite type of scoring.

[brofist]

So true.

Dat Fusco breakdown in front of Simmons and then his victory walk into Police HQ

Love this Sh(a)w!!

;)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hadn't realized but we just broke the 1K post barrier 1 page ago! (damn you 100ppp users!)

What a satisfying episode. And dat final scene

Still, I'll miss Carter. She was the moral center of the show. I still think they could have killed Shaw, or Fusco and not Carter.

Meteorain

Just watched the new episode. So damn good.

Dying Terminator Hobo Jesus is amazing.

Fusco finally getting some positive airtime with that beat down.

Lastly, Elias is such a great badguy.

Ripclawe

Banned
my theory still holds Root is the Machine no moral compass attack dog to really get things done, remember she had her therapist scene a while back where she says she was arguing with the machine on if she should kill the therapist.

Everyone else on the team has their limits, Root is just out to protect the machine, everyone else be damned.

Kansoku

They're going to either kill Root or remove her access to the Machine. The way she is now is way overpowered.

Also, next bad guys are probably be the privacy guys, which probably means no Elias :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom