• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume she has an ear piece in her good ear, where The Machine talks to her, and I want to say she has limited input on things she wants to know. Seems like she's just a mouthpiece for The Machine.

Yeah, she still has one good ear. The beginning episode seems to show that too since she didn't hear the criminal she broke out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
1: She either did the shooting, or was involved in it, back when she was a for hire hacker.
2. Nice that she got a taste of being a regular old person again. Doesn't taste good without "God" in your ear, does it.

Doorman

So very glad to see Root get a little comeuppance after all of her bravado for the past while. Plus, knowing that Decima has that at their disposal means they'll be able to keep the playing field level with her going forward, too.

Nobility

Banned
This is escalating, I hope we reach a point where the Machine communicates directly with John.

This would match what I mentioned at the end of last season. Since Reese and Root communicated with the machine directly, it left an imprint on The Machine. The Machine is satisfied with its current relationship with Finch.

I think it can offer so much more to John...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This is escalating, I hope we reach a point where the Machine communicates directly with John.

This would match what I mentioned at the end of last season. Since Reese and Root communicated with the machine directly, it left an imprint on The Machine. The Machine is satisfied with its current relationship with Finch.

I think it can offer so much more to John...

Yeah, you can't imagine imagine how hyped I was back in S2 when the Machine talked to John. I hope it happens again.

Lonestar

Thing is, John wouldn't be as "fun" with that power. He really only cared about getting Finch back.

Nobility

Banned
This episode is in a class of its own. Like Relevance and Zero Day, this episode elevates POI unlike any episode before it.

I hope POI gets recognized during Emmy time (not likely). Amy Acker was fantastic tonight, a powerful performance that demonstrated her bond between human and machine.

Slack delivered, again.

I love this show with all my heart.

ZenaxPure

Don't even know what to say, just, what an amazing episode.

Actually I take that back, someone needs to comb through this episode and get a bunch of screencaps of the machine. There was a lot of shots in the episode that looked like they had cool info on them but weren't on the screen long enough to get a good look at. That's happened in a few episodes over this season, but none as much as this I feel like.

Tamanon

Banned
Weird thing. I could've swore I saw Greer's name listed there when the machine was calculating who would die if Samaritan came online.

Greer works for Decima, so that's a little strange, since they're the ones who are trying to get it online. I wonder if there's something about Samaritan that even they don't know.

Sober

Weird thing. I could've swore I saw Greer's name listed there when the machine was calculating who would die if Samaritan came online.

Greer works for Decima, so that's a little strange, since they're the ones who are trying to get it online. I wonder if there's something about Samaritan that even they don't know.
No, Greer is not on it.

Threat and Probability of Death:
Admin
Reese, John
Shaw, Sameen
Fusco, Lionel
Control
Hersh, Robert
Collier, Peter
Martinez, Maria

Mass Casualty Event at [40.71448 / -74.00598]

Sober

Man, I'm kind of confused about what's happening.

Amy Acker is amazing though. Love her since Angel.
Samaritan is likely very much more powerful than the Machine, but 1) it was never completed and 2) the hardware did not exist for it to run stably until now.

Decima has Samaritan and is probably chopping away at it, coding it to do it's bidding (remember, Claypool discovered what Samaritan could do but it was too late), which possibly involves killing a ton of people and destroying the Machine.

Good grief, this show is so awesome. It is better than it has any right to be. Is there any other show that lets you know it's going to be awesome approximately 30 seconds in?

Some things that I noticed in the episode:

At the beginning, after Root took over the title sequence, the machine showed "Tertiary Operations"

When Root was getting her implant, I think the machine referred to upgrading "firmware".

The little things in this show is what makes it special to me.On a related note, the music during Root's conversation with Finch in the library was amazing. I love the soundtrack in this show.

Oh... my word. That was excellent. Just firing on all damned cylinders. POI, you've done it again.

First off... Tommy! Too bad he didn't get a bigger part, but it was fun seeing Tommy from Arrow on the show. Plus, Root was pretty baller in that sequence. Man, what a fantastic episode for Amy Acker. I loved her having a crisis of conscience for the first time ever. It was a great moment between Root and Finch and Amy sold it perfectly. She really did look all confused and like she was starting to crack and break down at the type of person she really was.

Also really liked Finch extending the smallest of olive branches to her at the end. These two deeply care for each other, but in the strangest of ways.

Oh! Root and Shaw. Love it. Man, I just love their tension and "flirtatious" relationship with each other. And man, was Shaw badass when taking on Collier's goon squad.

John warning Root was also a great moment. It's nice to see the Machine's Prophet get cut down to size a few times.

The POI this week was really good too. Very likable.

And now Samaritan's getting online! SHIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Type that into google, got a Radio Shack on Broadway, NY.

Insert Radio Shack joke here.

So... the end of the world begins... at a Radio Shack. That sounds about right.

Lonestar

Yeah, the show introduced me to UNKLE, back in Season 1.

Only thing I don't like, is that Root and John really don't have much of a relationship. Pretty distant and spiteful. Still just a "Helper Monkey."

Her going on about "the 1st 4 people they will kill" was actually a bit scary. Like the thought that nothing could stop that from happening, if things continue going the way they are going.

Dilly

Banned
With all those fucking breaks I really need to rewatch everything in one go because I'm losing track of everything involved.

Only thing I don't like, is that Root and John really don't have much of a relationship. Pretty distant and spiteful. Still just a "Helper Monkey."

Her going on about "the 1st 4 people they will kill" was actually a bit scary. Like the thought that nothing could stop that from happening, if things continue going the way they are going.

Yeah, I wanna see more between Reese and Root.

Oooh, bottle episode. Have them trapped in hostile territory together as every single person in the world that wants to kill them shows up.

Tamanon

Banned

I think Root doesn't have much respect for John because he didn't want to keep admin access.

Tokubetsu

Amazing episode.
I love this damn show but I gotta admit I find Collier and Vigilance very cheesy.

If this were any other show I would probably agree with you but I'm pretty happy with their super militant take on spergy internet privacy people. Helps that the guy they have playing Collier is killing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom