• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

I think Root doesn't have much respect for John because he didn't want to keep admin access.
Admin or not, I thought it might at least be nice for her respect Reese's ability, given everything he went through to get Finch back and being one of very few people to really "beat" her.

So glad this show is still rolling. It bogged down on one or two occasions, but this is still one of the most interesting and entertaining programs going. Shame it doesn't get much credit compared to some of the cable biggies.

xenist

The show has benefitted enormously by adding Acker. She's more charismatic than all the other cast combined if you exclude Fusco.

The show has benefitted enormously by adding Acker. She's more charismatic than all the other cast combined if you exclude Fusco.

I think the show struck it lucky. Everyone's charismatic in their own unique way.

Also:

lwsopl2ilzaxhxybjhfq.png

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What if: Maria Martinez is
what Control cherishes the most? The person that the Machine takes care of?

Tamanon

Banned
What was up with the battery at the end and Root saying someone's smoke alarm would go off? I didn't understand what she meant.

The machine monitors all sorts of minor shit, like when Fusco last put a battery in his smoke alarm. Since it's a constant use of energy, it just did math to let her know it was going to die soon and needed a new battery.

Dennis

Banned
la la la la not reading posts because I am not up to the current episode.

Just want to point out that Shaw is hella hot.

What I am trying to say is that Shaw could get it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I might be really late but did anyone else notice that Finch's box changed from yellow with black borders to just a yellow box?

I don't think The Machine ever gave him 'black borders' status, only Root has it.

Fusco has been upgraded to 'Asset' status even The Machine acknowledges the good that is in Fusco. The Machine has seen the light.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fusco has been upgraded to 'Asset' status even The Machine acknowledges the good that is in Fusco. The Machine has seen the light.

I'm pretty sure the Machine has Fusco determined as an asset all the way back from when he was undercover in HR.

Apoc29

Root is Agent Smith. She hates those smelly humans.

There was some good computer science talk in this episode...got me kinda hard. Or maybe that was just because of Root. Or both.

Another great episode following up last week. I love when everyone gets their own episodes that vastly deepens the plot and adds to their character at the same time. Usually character episodes on TV only focus on one or the other. And they still find time to address other character concerns they could have easily glossed over, like Shaw and Vigilance fighting a common enemy.

Root and Shaw. Fan service, but is much appreciated.

Show has really good production values. That snowy area looked COLD.

I like little attention to details that it has, like the "hitman posing as a delivery guy" that Root saw was pushing a huge tank of helium that figures later in the episode. Also the $20 she gave to the homeless man, perhaps the machine has been subtly tweaking Root's personally by having her do tiny gestures of goodwill in addition to the big picture stuff. Remember, she just does as she's told.

And I would have thought Root would have had ear surgery a long time ago. Also the EMF/ resonance interference countermeasures. That was awesome to see.

Her going on about "the 1st 4 people they will kill" was actually a bit scary. Like the thought that nothing could stop that from happening, if things continue going the way they are going.
Yeah that was alarming to here, especially the part about even the Machine not being able to stop it. How is that possible? Is Samaritan that powerful?

The music made that scene as well. I need this soundtrack.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
They film in NYC. NYC (and everywhere north of the South) has been hit by multiple blizzards. Gonna be a few snowy episodes. Dat was the realest snowz.

Samaritan would pretty much have the same data retrieval ability as The Machine, except that it would be totally accessable by human hands. Someone with access can sit there and learn everything about everyone. Including locations of people in hiding, unless they are so far off the grid that they live in a cave and eat from the land.

Basically, at that point, Decima/Greer, who knows enough that there is a Finch/Reese team, could just ask Samaritan who are these people and where do they sleep, eat, work, etc.

It could even get crazier, if either of these machines were able to access launch codes, drones, airplane autopilot systems, or any other numerable ways to wreck havoc.

They film in NYC. NYC (and everywhere north of the South) has been hit by multiple blizzards. Gonna be a few snowy episodes. Dat was the realest snowz.

Samaritan would pretty much have the same data retrieval ability as The Machine, except that it would be totally accessable by human hands. Someone with access can sit there and learn everything about everyone. Including locations of people in hiding, unless they are so far off the grid that they live in a cave and eat from the land.

Basically, at that point, Decima/Greer, who knows enough that there is a Finch/Reese team, could just ask Samaritan who are these people and where do they sleep, eat, work, etc.

It could even get crazier, if either of these machines were able to access launch codes, drones, airplane autopilot systems, or any other numerable ways to wreck havoc.
That's scary, Finch and crew will have to shut down operations and run, otherwise Samaritan will just locate them and send 200 agents to the library. Can't the Machine block such a scan or cut off any such probes though?

Also that mass casualty event... this whole season or the next could be building to some planned devastating event on the level of 9/11. Fitting since that's what started all of this.

This is all very heavy stuff. I think they'll have to wrap up Vigilance soon. The main guy Collier is awesome but the group right now are just annoyances in the main battle (unless the writers throw in a new wrinkle).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Heck, rather than get the location of them to get them killed, Samaritan could make their deaths accidental with car crashes or a gas explosion by increase of pressure.

Imagine that, Decima could pretty much control the whole world by killing politicians who oppose their views.

Not only that, Samaritan would have a better processor than the Machine (hypothetically) and it could mean that it can defeat the Machine easily, I guess. Scary. This season's finale is going to be crazy.

Lonestar

Heck, rather than get the location of them to get them killed, Samaritan could make their deaths accidental with car crashes or a gas explosion by increase of pressure.

Imagine that, Decima could pretty much control the whole world by killing politicians who oppose their views.

Not only that, Samaritan would have a better processor than the Machine (hypothetically) and it could mean that it can defeat the Machine easily, I guess. Scary. This season's finale is going to be crazy.

Could be why it's sending "smart computer people" to Columbia. They're down there, with infinite resources (the Machine knows how to make money), building new equipment to upgrade itself, wherever it is (though, it very well could be in Columbia as well).

Could be why it's sending "smart computer people" to Columbia. They're down there, with infinite resources (the Machine knows how to make money), building new equipment to upgrade itself, wherever it is (though, it very well could be in Columbia as well).

Oh snap.

The Machine, a massive surveillance system. A being becoming alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's premiere artificial intelligence. The Machine will be that artificial intelligence. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, new episode next week or are we gonna have to face yet another week of nothing?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
God dammit, Lonestar. I'll have my revenge. 24 will be cancelled! Eventually.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You mean March Madness strikes again and that the next episode is in April?

NTGYK, post that GIF from Community.

Lonestar

No, there are episodes the next 2 weeks. Thru April 1st. Past that, unknown.

The synopsis for the episode after next sounds good, in a fun sort of way:

Episode: "Most Likely to..." Reese and Shaw pose as alumni at a high school reunion in order to keep eyes on the latest POI. Meanwhile, Finch and Fusco travel to Washington, D.C., to investigate the motivations behind Vigilance’s latest attack.

No, there are episodes the next 2 weeks. Thru April 1st. Past that, unknown.

The synopsis for the episode after next sounds good, in a fun sort of way:

Episode: "Most Likely to..." Reese and Shaw pose as alumni at a high school reunion in order to keep eyes on the latest POI. Meanwhile, Finch and Fusco travel to Washington, D.C., to investigate the motivations behind Vigilance’s latest attack.

This. Is. Promising.

Great episode. I do feel like RAM was a little better though. Looks like the set up for the finale/final episodes is pretty clear now (Northern Lights/The Machine vs. Samaritan). Really curious about how Vigilance comes into play.

Also, as NTGYK mentioned, pretty nice to see Tommy from Arrow during the opening sequence.

About time. BTW if you listen to podcasts for other shows the Slashfilm S4 preview for GoT is up as well
I already knew that but thanks for the update anyway :)

Next few weeks with April 8th there is an ep every week, that is ep 20 on the 8th.
After that my online calendar does not show a new ep yet

Doorman

Some Promo photo's out there,:
Also a call sheet for the episode, that answers a question some had about the very ending of the previous episode.

Geez, as if Root weren't OP enough as it is,
now she gets Bear, too?
That's just not even fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom