• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next episode is on March 18.

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

CBS. PLS. STAHP.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't get why this is happening. Is CBS trying to get rid of it for a new show they wanna try out but ultimately will fail?

I've wondered that too. I think CBS doesn't truly own the show (Warner Brothers does), and they feel more supportive of shows they own (NCIS, The Good Wife, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, etc), than it. If it was getting TBBT numbers, then they'd change their tune.

But it's in the "liveable but not outstanding" range of ratings over the course of it's life (though, it did alot better on an earlier, thursday night spot).

I've wondered that too. I think CBS doesn't truly own the show (Warner Brothers does), and they feel more supportive of shows they own (NCIS, The Good Wife, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, etc), than it. If it was getting TBBT numbers, then they'd change their tune.

But it's in the "liveable but not outstanding" range of ratings over the course of it's life (though, it did alot better on an earlier, thursday night spot).

It's the best show on TV, so I hope they take that into consideration.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I understand the break because of the Sochi Olympics, and the Christmas break. But all these other breaks don't make sense to me. Unless they want to stretch the season until May or June, I don't get it.

Sonicbug

I understand the break because of the Sochi Olympics, and the Christmas break. But all these other breaks don't make sense to me. Unless they want to stretch the season until May or June, I don't get it.

Is basketball coming up? March madness?

Yup. Basketball.

Edit: Doesn't explain next week at all though. Nevermind.

SyNapSe

That was probably the most interesting POI episode that wasn't a season ender/major event ep.

At first, I was like wtf, who is this guy. Then you see Shaw & Mr Reese. Then it all comes together. Then jump ahead to Root giving the guy a task.

ZenaxPure

Apparently, the Greenfield fellow that Root sent Casey to find has appeared in the show before. He was the ex-Vigilance member that Root busted from CIA captivity. After he was rescued, he called his foster brother from Colombia.

http://personofinterest.wikia.com/wiki/Jason_Greenfield

Yeah, that's why I used plural a few posts ago. My big mystery this season has been what is the point in that guy (mostly was he actually relevant to the main plot or not) and this last episode doesn't actually answer anything, but, does seem to confirm he wasn't just a one off character.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hey man, anywhere but my house is a random corner of the world as far as I am concerned.

Fair enough, inhabitant of a random corner in the world.

By the way, how did Finch instantly know that John was CIA? I don't think Finch was following every CIA agent, and I think that his surprise to see him there was because he already knew of him.

Pretty interesting question it opened.

And this episode was apparently to be aired in Feb 25 with that date at the ending. And March 18? Dammit, CBS. I won't let this show die because of you.

Error

Watched it again, loved it even more. I think my favorite part was Reese sparing Casey's life and Finch witnessing it all.

Fair enough, inhabitant of a random corner in the world.

By the way, how did Finch instantly know that John was CIA? I don't think Finch was following every CIA agent, and I think that his surprise to see him there was because he already knew of him.

Pretty interesting question it opened.

And this episode was apparently to be aired in Feb 25 with that date at the ending. And March 18? Dammit, CBS. I won't let this show die because of you.
Maybe Reese' number came up since he was supposed to be killed off.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait did Johns number come up at the end of the episode? I was saying maybe it came up prior to the events in this episode.

Oh no, it didn't, I mean, the only time that we've seen John's number has been because of Jessica's death.

Maybe a previous CIA job. You might be right.

Error

Maybe Reese' number came up since he was supposed to be killed off.

Finch probably got Jessica's (Reese's gf or whatever) number and already did some background check on her and saw a picture of Reese, and since Finch can hack anything he probably hacked into a CIA database and then realized who Reese was and what he did for a living. Remember the whole thing with Jessica happened around the time Reese got sent to Morocco, and that mission to Moroccos was mentioned in the episode.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Which is incredibly depressing.

I wonder how many repeat numbers John and Harold get that we just don't see (Leon excluded, of course).

I'm only happy that one number that was very similar to Jessica was finally free from her oppressive husband. That was an amazing episode.

Sober

Fun fact: all the New Rochelle parts in Many Happy Returns (the Reese flashback as well as Career investigating the Arndt murder) pretty much were written in the pilot script at one point.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I've been reading the summary of Matsya Nyaya, and it got me thinking:

Greer got a team ready to go to Ordos.

John and Kara go there too, and when they arrive, all but one Chinese are dead. The one who is left alive says: "They took The Machine". Kara puts the laptop in her backpack.

After the bombing of the site, Kara is in a hospital and Greer takes the laptop from her backpack.

So I wonder, did Greer's teams got there before John and Kara got there, or did he merely appeared after the fact?

Did another party take the machine, or was it an American Special Forces team?

Or is it just a continuity error?

derFeef

Shaw appearing was a bit much, otherwise a great episode.
Anyone else though Dillinger was the man on the phone from the last episode? Their voice seemed familiar.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well, they had to. I mean, isn't this one of their most watched shows?

Doorman

I really do think that the constant breaks have done damage to the show's ability to maintain a fanbase, especially with the way it's become increasingly serialized. I know it's totally anecdotal but my two older sisters started off as big fans of the show, kept me into it when I wavered early on, but once the breaks started becoming more of a regular thing, they missed an episode when they thought the show was on hiatus, and I think wound up falling away from it entirely when another new episode popped up out of nowhere and they realized they were behind. I think a show like this, if you can't just mentally slot it in and know it's appointment viewing, there's so much else out there to take the attention away that PoI has had a hard time getting any real traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom