• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if I see Shaw and Lionel as a couple. At least it wouldn't be kinda out of the blue sky like Carter and John.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hard to figure out that ending. Greer acting like him and Samaritan aren't "the thing on the horizon"

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Greer has been talking about "what's to come" since like half of S2, wonder what he and his superiors have in mind.

Remember when Finch and John finally learn of Decima, Greer is talking to his superior. Meaning there's even someone more powerful than him.

I always get a bit hyped when I see "John Nolan" at the beginning of the episode hehe, because he's such a great actor.

Bear Mode>God Mode

Good episode. Only a few episodes left, we're in endgame territory now. I'm really wondering about that mass casualty event now.

How is Greer disabling the security cams and abusing the speakers? Who is the asset he's speaking of?

And hasn't it been a while since the POI was a perpetrator?

Sober

Bear Mode>God Mode

Good episode. Only a few episodes left, we're in endgame territory now. I'm really wondering about that mass casualty event now.

How is Greer disabling the security cams and abusing the speakers? Who is the asset he's speaking of?
Decima knows the capabilities of the Machine, so it would conceivably know the possible countermeasures. I'm sure they had figured out that somehow Root got assistance from the Machine, which is why they disabled it.

And hasn't it been a while since the POI was a perpetrator?
Writing an episode for a full-on perp is really hard because it would just be a series of "why didn't they just stop him?" or why the villain keeps pulling off Marwan-levels of escapes.

Root using Bear to track down Greer old-school was great. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways, Samantha!

Also, Lionel calling Shaw 'Sameen'. Lolz.

POI of the week was meh. I feel like we've done this story before, but it was weaved in beautifully with the Decima stuff.

John Nolan is a motherfuckin' BOSS.

God damn it, Reese. Just fucking tackle a guy outta nowhere fucking four stories out a window. The shit, son?

Lionel and the firetruck was adorable.

I hope next season Root is living with Finch in the brownstone, and it's like a hilarious buddy comedy. Amy Acker is the free-spirited psychopathic former hitwoman with delusions of grandeur and a heart of gold while Michael Emerson is the stuffy old scientist with a traumatic past in The Peculiar Pair! Also starring Bear.

"Harold the singularity is on the horizon!"

"Ms Groves, please get off the table. And put your clothes on."

Everyone has forgotten about Shaw's Bruce Lee flip in the elevator. That's because as badass as it was, 2 seconds Reese tackled a man out a fucking window down to the pavement. WHAT THE FUCK.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/person-of-interest-allegiance-review
And then Root - redubbed the "Cochlear Cuckoo" this week - got an offer from Greer that was very similar to the one Collier gave to Shaw last week. And I love how the ladies of the team are now being targeted, and sought after, by the two reigning "big bad" groups. All because they have thematic character links to the organizations; Shaw being able to relate to government betrayal and Root being so connected to The Machine. And because, as Greer put it, she "understands what's coming."

Lonestar

ihFZfuzHfzHs0.gif

It's a dark scene.

With a bit of editing:

ibsh4GbaTp5Ag3.gif

Wiktor

I wonder, was Reese's window fatality it the first time since Shaw joined the machine when she was genuinelly shocked? :D

Lonestar

She shouldn't be, she more or less pulled that stunt in her 1st episode. Though, I don't think it was from as high.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
decent episode, but what you can you expect after the last 2 amazing episodes?

I feared for Bear for a moment during that final scene.

Lonestar

Amy Acker is gonna appear on SHIELD in late April. Plays Coulson's love interest brought up in Avangers and earlier in the season.

ZenaxPure

All the gifs and none of when the dude swings the knife around wildly and then Reese just shoots him, I actually enjoyed it more then the window jump (though that was pretty good).

Also, this episode made me really excited for the finale, we're so close!!!!

Tamanon

Banned
I think Root also understands that killing him won't get rid of Samaritan. Machine probably already knows that he works for someone else.

I imagine we'll see Root pretend to join him to get closer to Samaritan though.

xenist

The UN building seems to be the least secure place in New York. You got people standing in the open outside lobbing grenades. Multiple teams having gunfights in the middle of the lobby at their leisure. People come in and out at will.

Apoc29

I seem to recall Shaw miraculously nailing a guy in the head with a projectile in her intro episode...seems to be her specialty.

Yeah the POI story was pretty boring; Reese kinda saved it with his acts of awesome.

Lol at Root implying Greer was gathering equipment because he's the "world's most ambitious gamer".

Reese killed it this episode. That was great.

Also something hit me mid-way through. When Marvel
hopefully
get the Fantastic Four rights back in a few months, Reese for Reed Richards and Fusco for Ben Grimm. Mainly Fusco for Grimm. It's perfect.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Bad news for you, man, the Fantastic Four are already casted for the sequel.

EDIT: I mean reboot.

Xenex

She didn't want to kill him though. What would be the point of that?

I thought that was the objective of her mission assigned by the "machine" as
he has all the components to run Samaritan and this was the last resort
, I just saw it as the writers going "oh...she can't kill him, that would be the end of the season".

I would also accept them getting really close, building it up, and then kissing and going "EUGH" and becoming super friends :D

But no, I totally ship them now and want a side story of Fusco trying to woo Shaw.

Didn't he have a girlfriend at one point? During the looooove episode.

What happened to her?

Also, 2000 posts!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I thought that was the objective of her mission assigned by the "machine" as
he has all the components to run Samaritan and this was the last resort
, I just saw it as the writers going "oh...she can't kill him, that would be the end of the season".

I'm pretty sure that Root said something like "I'm going to interrogate him".

Greer has a boss, even if he died, Samaritan would still be finished and the battle of Gods would begin.

Lonestar

Soon...

also, saw this on twitter, a rare piece of Caviezel advertising for POI:

BkJYRaBIcAAsPdG.jpg:large

:lol

I really wonder how much longer he wants to be on the show, sometimes. Seems like he's been on the backburner since Carter.

Soon...

I really wonder how much longer he wants to be on the show, sometimes. Seems like he's been on the backburner since Carter.

LOL.

Caviezel is so odd. Someone needs to just straight up ask him "You do like it here, right?"

This isn't some hugely elaborate troll, right?

Wiktor

Soon...

Cavieziel always has been like this though. I wouldn't read much into it.

Sober

Another Tuesday, it's POI night!

Most Likely To...

Vigilance launches a new attack and the team splits up: Finch and Fusco go to Washington to investigate, while Reese and Sam go to a high school reunion to protect their newest Number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom