• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

I don't even know what Root is doing anymore...she always seems so eager to do the machine's bidding. I love watching her work, but I wish I knew what her endgame was.

I mean she is basically at her end game already, right? Her ultimate goal was to free the machine from how Finch crippled it and then give her body over to it. Literally every waking moment of her day (as far as we can tell so far) is doing exactly what the machine tells her to do. I mean she's already gone the extra creepy mile of letting the machine talk through her body.

She says at one point early on her goal is to "transcend" reality and become a part of the machine which as of 2 weeks ago is about as close as we are going to get to that for a show that is still mostly grounded in reality (going any further would push us more into a sci-fi territory).

At this point she is more of a tool than an actual character with goals.

Another great episode. (Surprise, surprise!)

Just wondering, with the lady killed in the beginning, how many other times have they failed to save a POI?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I think they're trying to slowly forget that her character was written as a sociopath.

Though, sociopath's do try to emulate empathy when it serves their purpose.

Now this is how you combine procedural and serialized storytelling. PoI is one of the very few shows that gets the balance extremely well. Really amazing.

Nestor Carbonell really needs to stop applying eyeliner. The Dark Knight was 6 years ago, dammit!

Now this is how you combine procedural and serialized storytelling. PoI is one of the very few shows that gets the balance extremely well. Really amazing.

Nestor Carbonell really needs to stop applying eyeliner. The Dark Knight was 6 years ago, dammit!
He doesn't wear eyeliner. He just has thick eyelashes

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

He's been rocking that guyliner since way before the Dark Knight. He's been on that train since Lost, at least.

Baskcm

Just a heads up if ya have unblock us or something similar season 2 should be appearing soon on the UK version of netflix

torontoml

Yeah...shit's getting real...

That didn't post like you wanted I imagine.

Yeah...shit's getting real...

I'm not ready for where these final episodes are going. Oh my god.

I stumbled upon the press release for next week's episode a couple days ago, when I was looking to see if POI was new or not this week, or what the remaining broadcast schedule looked like. The plot synopsis is mega hype (spoilers, obvs):

Reese is going undercover as secret service to protect the congressman from last week's episode.

But the press release also included the cast list, and there's a recurring guest spot that... oh my god no. I don't even want to post it in spoiler tags. It's just...

Hold me, POI-GAF. I'm scared.

Leeness

I can't watch the promo that was linked but watched the 30 second ~extended~ promo and omg.

I can't. Please, I'm not ready for this episode.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm not ready for where these final episodes are going. Oh my god.

I stumbled upon the press release for next week's episode a couple days ago, when I was looking to see if POI was new or not this week, or what the remaining broadcast schedule looked like. The plot synopsis is mega hype (spoilers, obvs):

Reese is going undercover as secret service to protect the congressman from last week's episode.

But the press release also included the cast list, and there's a recurring guest spot that... oh my god no. I don't even want to post it in spoiler tags. It's just...

Hold me, POI-GAF. I'm scared.

Haven't seen the guest list for this weeks episode (besides a picture of who I assume is the POI.)

But I've seen it for the following episode (seems like another week break after this next episode, as the one I saw was for 4/29). And.... :|

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've powered through the second season during the last week.

That.

Was.

AWESOME.

S2 started much stronger than the first season and kept a briskier pace through its whole lenght while adding new characters to keep it fresh.

I was shocked by how well Shaw's introduction worked despite John and Harold being basically reduced to cameos, Kara's death (what a bitch) and Root's social hacking skills. Also, Bear.

The finale wasn't as shocking as S1's, which I easily rate among the best ever in TV history, but it tied the season with a powerful moment and added another layer of complexity (forcing an AI to kill itself over and over again, and that AI finally breaking free and pairing with new admins of her choice: ROOT) to a show that was already pretty wild and surprisingly complex behind its episodic façade.

I'm pumped for S3. I'll probably get on it in a couple of days (damned work) but I can't wait to get more of my precious Amy Acker and Sara Sahi doing horrible things while John is not kneecapping fools.

I've powered through the second season during the last week.

That.

Was.

AWESOME.

S2 started much stronger than the first season and kept a briskier pace through its whole lenght while adding new characters to keep it fresh.

I was shocked by how well Shaw's introduction worked despite John and Harold being basically reduced to cameos, Kara's death (what a bitch) and Root's social hacking skills. Also, Bear.

The finale wasn't as shocking as S1's, which I easily rate among the best ever in TV history, but it tied the season with a powerful moment and added another layer of complexity (forcing an AI to kill itself over and over again, and that AI finally breaking free and pairing with new admins of her choice: ROOT) to a show that was already pretty wild and surprisingly complex behind its episodic façade.

I'm pumped for S3. I'll probably get on it in a couple of days (damned work) but I can't wait to get more of my precious Amy Acker and Sara Sahi doing horrible things while John is not kneecapping fools.

tumblr_mlgx42zIrR1rdzuduo1_400.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'd also like to voice my appreciation for the showrunner's infatuation with crazy hot/hot, crazy brunettes.

PoI gives me some serious trepidations whenever Shoot are on screen.

Shoot. That's a thing.

Haven't seen the guest list for this weeks episode [...] But I've seen it for the following episode [...] And.... :|

I assume we're looking at the same thing then. I shouldn't have peeked but I peeked and... yup, the plot synopsis for Beta, the episode after next, describes word-for-word what I was scared was going to happen.

My heart can't take this.

I'VE SEEN NO PREVIEWS. Which I usually don't do. I wonder if my body can take it.

I'd also like to voice my appreciation for the showrunner's infatuation with crazy hot/hot, crazy brunettes.

PoI gives me some serious trepidations whenever Shoot are on screen.

Shoot. That's a thing.

God bless you, brother. This is now the best thing ever.

This time with music. WebM is awesome.

http://a.pomf.se/uakjtk.webm

Man, that scene is so awesome.

Clevinger

I was 10 episodes behind and have been catching up and I forgot how great this show can be. The aftermath of Carter, Harold's backstory with his father, Saul Rubinek's character, the pre-Reese helper monkey, all that Root. So much good stuff in these episodes.

I have one complaint, and that's Shaw. Her character is too similar to Reese, especially in the way they talk. She has the same god damn quiet monotone as him and it drives me nuts. It's pretty hilarious when they talk to each other and throw terse, monotonous quips at each other. It's like a monotone-off. And like Reese she has a tough face on most of the time, but hers just looks like duck face...

I was 10 episodes behind and have been catching up and I forgot how great this show can be. The aftermath of Carter, Harold's backstory with his father, Saul Rubinek's character, the pre-Reese Reese, all that Root. So much good stuff in these episodes.

I have one complaint, and that's Shaw. Her character is too similar to Reese, especially in the way they talk. She has the same god damn quiet monotone as him and it drives me nuts. It's pretty hilarious when they talk to each other and throw terse, monotonous quips at each other. It's like a monotone-off. And like Reese she has a tough face on most of the time, but hers just looks like duck face...

Yeah, but it's worth it for her interactions with Root.

John could never pull off the Shoot.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I might have hit a bit of a wall with PoI, not a complete wall mind-due..just a bit of a burn out watching the 2 last seasons back-to-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom