• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just realized, a while ago I thought that Amy Acker would turn into the personification of the machine and it turned out to be true. I wonder how long until they just merge the characters and she becomes a cyborg. lol

Tamanon

Banned
Oh shit, so Vigilance figured out how they worked and a way to get them where they wanted?

This just weird, but Sloppy Joes for a knockout is great.

Nobility

Banned
This is getting good.

Reminds me when Root got the drop on Reese and FInch, they know that a certain amount of danger will draw The Machine group to the rescue.

Nobility

Banned
Oh wow, The Machine believes that the program is truly shut down.

I guess this is the continuation of last year when we thought Finch and Reese would get the relevant numbers.

Two week wait...;_;

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This whole time, the machine sent "relavent" numbers to the government. The Mass Casualty events/terrorists.

Leaking the possibility of it's existance, scared the government enough to no longer use the numbers they received.

As a result, the Machine is now pushing all those numbers to Root (because it can just tell her to do things, rather than the slow way with the numbers)

PsychBat!

Banned
Cavieziel always has been like this though. I wouldn't read much into it.

Agreed. He's always been like that. But that's what makes me love him as actor. He was the primary reason of why I got in to the show in the first place. First movie I watched with him was Frequency, didn't know who the guy was at the time because remembering the names of actors wasn't a priority at the time when I was a kid.

I watched The Count of Monte Cristo (2002 version) in 2010 and I fucking loved it. Yeah yeah, I know it wasn't a great film by cinematic standards, but I fucking loved everything about the movie, from Jim Caviezel to the music to whole segment where he was in Château d'If for many years to Luis Guzman as Jacopo. It was just fantastic to me. And I know the book is far longer and more complex with more characters and intricate plans of revenge being in place. I get that.

Then I watched Outlander and being that I was already a Caviezel fan, I liked it as well. CG sucked and some of the characters are fucking dumb, but I managed to finish the film with a fine attitude. Again, not a great movie and I think it wouldn't have bombed as bad if it had been a wide release movie. It had Ron Perlman, guys.

I don't remember exactly how I found out about this series being made, but I think it was just me checking out Caviezel's wikipedia page in hopes that I would find out when he get more work and not be rejected because of his prior role of being Jesus. While initially disappointed that was he wasn't doing a movie on a near blockbuster scale, I was happy enough to see him have work. So I gave Person of Interest a shot solely because of Jim Caviezel. And now I love the show, and I'll gladly say that it's not just because of Jim anymore. Albeit I still am a fan.

RS4-

Fun ep, but what's going on with the machine at the end?

re: POI, when I saw billboards and adverts from far, I thought it was Jack and Ben reuniting from Lost again lol.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys notice how the senator said the same thing that the NSA director said when he was asked if they were collecting information on millions of Americans?

Good throwback! And crap every episode is a damn season ending. Imagine how the season is gonna end!

ZenaxPure

omg this show. Seriously my favorite thing on tv right now. I actually wasn't expecting much out of this episode and then bam it pulls out everything. I think this is my second favorite episode of the season.

Oh also the opening of the episode might be the best (or at least one of the best) in the series. Having everything seem so natural, introducing the POI as usual and then BAM!

Shit, that was so good. The only bad is ANOTHER TWO WEEK WAIT WHAT THE FUCK CBS

Anyways, loved the reunion. Loved how Shaw was immediately all hot for Richard Alpert and his smoky eyes. Loved the Sloppy Joes knockout.

And shiet, Vigilance got effective. And Collier's still breathing! I guess this means that Control won't keep up the search for Collier/Vigilance, given she shredded his documents and shut down the program. I wonder where she goes from here.

And what's Collier's next move? He blew the whistle, but the government denied it, and asides from the leaked documents, there's no hard proof the Machine exists since it was moved.

And Root's so baller. Getting the Relevants now? She's gonna be a busy girl.

Wiktor

As always a great episode. Those travel bags of Reese and Shaw :D

Also..could somebody please tell Collier the real risk is Samaritan, since the goverment has no control over the Machine? :)

Baskcm

the way this show is written is godly more people should watch it i loved the ending how the machine suddenly thought shit its on

Lyonaz

So we could totally get a Root spin-off right?! We could call it A.I. (for Analog Interface and Artificial Intelligence!)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This season has been ridiculously good, so many episodes that could easily pass off as season finales because they are that good.

It'll be hard to top this season.

Best show on tv easily, and best score on a tv show since Battlestar Galactica.

Hesemonni

Banned
There's something about Root. I loathed her in the beginning, but now every time she appears she brings a smile on my face...

StuBurns

Banned
Another very strong episode, straight slaying it with the goofy high school drama, unprecedented levels of hot with the spying in the hotel room sequence, great mythology advances, just awesome.

Apoc29

Collier must be a fan of the show...he recited Finch's description of the machine from the title sequence perfectly.

And yeah, Shaw was looking quite tasty coming out of that shower.

I don't even know what Root is doing anymore...she always seems so eager to do the machine's bidding. I love watching her work, but I wish I knew what her endgame was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom