• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetta

Never liked that guy so John needs to go old school on him or put the scare on him. They should just call Elias and have him handle this, I miss Elias.

Nobility

Banned
This isn't a game anymore...

eSZNWVv.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh man, Samaritan is here.

*checks schedule* ANOTHER BREAK? What are you doing CBS?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No, I meant this episode. Since that was when they were discussing what benefit the machine would receive from killing that Congressman.

Just said at the right time to make me think you meant the next episode
its called "Beta"

Doorman

Man this was good. Shit got really heavy at the end there.

Still, coming off a two-week break and having another break before the next episode is just maddening. It still just comes off looking to me like CBS is trying so hard to kill the show's viewership without just cancelling it, unless there's some major event or something happening next Tuesday that I don't know about. I barely even realized that tonight's was new!

Tokubetsu

Absolutely heartbreaking episode. The look on Shaw and Reese's faces during that pivotal scene near the end. Like a two siblings you just told their dad might die and prepare for the worst. Even Shaw, subdued as always, you could still see going through some anguish.

trinest

It will be interesting to see how next episode
the machine will detect and help Harold, he will probably be the PoI of the episode, I wonder if its relationship with Harold will change?

Sonicbug

Our team needs to get the fuck outta Dodge. Root is the only one that could've maybe gotten an answer out of the machine about what it was thinking, and how convenient that she wasn't there!

Are they going to do a straight run up to the finale when it's back in two weeks? I hope there's no more breaks.

Sober

So they are going to leave us hangin' as to the fate of the congressman?

I am not sure if I buy what they are implying.
They didn't kill him? It was kinda obvious with the scene at the end where he calls the Senator.

e: \/\/\/\/\/ that makes more sense

SkyOdin

So they are going to leave us hangin' as to the fate of the congressman?

I am not sure if I buy what they are implying.

Wel, when the cops busted into the smoke-filled house Reese, Finch, and Shaw were holding the congressman in, one of the cops checked the guys pulse and (I believe) gave a thumbs-up sign. That seemed like confirmation he still had a pulse after our heroes left. While the chronology of the call between the congressman and senator in the museum is in question, I think Reese chose not to shoot the guy.

ZenaxPure

I'll be honest, never saw that one coming, Harold questioning his own creation? So excited to see where this goes. Too bad about all the fucking breaks though ughhhhhhh. Wish tv shows would stop doing this, bunch of other shows of various networks pull the same shit. I hate it.

I normally reserve this for Hannibal, but

comment_gcgjmowwuydtkj0u1j.gif

That was superb. Man, that ending. I was hoping Reese would do it. But yeah, Harold's pleas just tore his heart apart, maaaaaaan. AND SAMARITAN IS LIVE, OH MY FREAKING GOD.

Raw Shoot was adorable. I want more.

Where the hell was Lionel!?

Simmons/Joss namedrop.

Such a phenomenal episode. The congressman still went ahead with the Decima deal. They should have tried to tell him that Decima was planning on murdering a shitload of people.

Amazing episode. Oh my god.

Are they going to do a straight run up to the finale when it's back in two weeks? I hope there's no more breaks.

That's what it looks like. Three more episodes and the finale is schedule for May 13th. Would have to be a straight run with no more breaks.

Chariot

Welcome to Person of Interest, where every episode is a spectacular season final. Thats why we have to wait all the time. Cant just continue the week after the big climax.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh God, it's happening now.

The team only has 24 hours before Decima kills them. BTW, was anyone able to see what Samaritan had on Harold?

So I wonder what will happen with Finch. I imagine Decima will track Reese, Shaw, Fusco and Root as well. How many episodes do we have left in the season?

Lonestar

Welcome to Person of Interest, where every episode is a spectacular season final. Thats why we have to wait all the time. Cant just continue the week after the big climax.

Yeah, it's like 24 squared. 24 was "every episode is a cliffhanger", POI is "every episode is Season/Series finale worth."

Finch hit a point that he never has before. He might have had doubts over the years about making the machine, but it never got to this point.

It's also the first clear sign that The Machine might be a darker thing than they previously thought. Perhaps the start of the end plan was started last night (always thought the end of the show would be about Stopping/Turning off The Machine).

Thoughts on the next episode (after reading the episode premise and the guest casting):
Show titled Beta, where Grace is in the credits and the description reads as she's targeted by Decima, makes me think that Decima doesn't find Harold with this Beta test (we still don't know his real last name.) But it finds everything else he's touched (as seen by Nathan's picture at the end of last night). Decima see's a fiance (nevermind that she doesn't know he's alive), they know that they can threaten her to force him to reveal himself.

Being that this isn't the season finale, this can really go a few different ways, and alot of them aren't great. There's a chance that Grace see's Harold (which will be nice), there's a chance she dies, or he dies, or perhaps with True Blood ending, she becomes a larger character going forward. There's a chance that, with the darker change the Machine has shown (wanting them to kill someone), that he and Grace walk away into the shadows at the end of the season.

Cause, after last night, it's getting to the point that CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

Lonestar

also, a review with an interesting paragraph and picture lol

Think about it, did we need to meet that angry machinist union leader early on? Was Reese walking in on number-of-the-week Roger McCourt (guest star John Heard) and his sexy aide engaging in "policy positioning" on his desk pertinent to anything? Did learning that McCourt buys homeless people free lunches mean anything to the overall story? Did we need to see Root and Shaw ride off on a motorcycle, Shaw embracing Root tightly around her hourglass figure, the two of them clad in tight leather motorcycle gear... Shaw's back arched and shapely posterior pointing towards the blessed gods who gave it to her–

a3c3c996037344fec4bc4fa4d9ded129.jpg

Sorry, I got lost for a second.

Lonestar

Well, it tied for it's series low of 1.7, but it "tied" with Chicago Fire on the night (but with 5 or 6 million more viewers).

Lonestar

I've seen people pondering why the Machine gave the Congressman's number to Team Finch. If it really wanted him dead, wouldn't Root have been the better way? Was this a way to push Team Finch into becoming more of a sword than a shield? Or was this some sort of long con, exposing Team Finch to potential danger, as a distraction so She and her Columbia team can secretly do whatever it's planning on doing.

Serra

Great show. Can't wait for next week.

This is my first time reading this thread, its pretty funny to see all the praise and drool for Shaw, when I think her actress is the worst regular on the show by far. Fusco needs more airtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom