• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Sophia

So there are multiple paths in this game... I had no idea if that would be the case. My friend who enjoys the Blazblue games told me that those games had those in the story mode, but since there weren't many dialogue choices, I didn't think there would be any diversion.

Every character (except Labrys and Elizabeth) has at least two endings, Normal and True, and many have more. As far as medals go, only the normal/true endings give you one on the select screen, but the "Completed" total reflects every ending.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, got disconnected Q. Probably a good sign to stop at 30~ matches lol

That was some valuable slab matchup experience though. I think I started getting the hang of it a little more near the end but your crossups and pressure still ruin me. Need to work on my orgis hitconfirming and blockstrings

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm, got disconnected Q. Probably a good sign to stop at 30~ matches lol

That was some valuable slab matchup experience though. I think I started getting the hang of it a little more near the end but your crossups and pressure still ruin me. Need to work on my orgis hitconfirming and blockstrings

Yeah I need to learn to block her better so it was good experience for me too :p

Anyone else on psn up for a game?

Onemic

Wow Qis, have you been playing this game in arcades? Its like you already know all of slabs mixups and combos. I don't know how slab is considered only B tier with that persona, it shuts down almost all offensive options. Almost every game lasted no more than 30 seconds

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wow Qis, have you been playing this game in arcades? Its like you already know all of slabs mixups and combos. I don't know how slab is considered only B tier with that persona, it shuts down almost all offensive options. Almost every game lasted no more than 30 seconds

No I just started yesterday

Gee, I thought I was going to be cool and play Akihiko instead of Yu like so many others. But it seems Akihiko is pretty popular, on the Level Up stream anyways. It's gotta be the cape.

Maybe my shit is fucked up, but I really haven't fought many Narukami's...

a good amount of Liz, Mitsuru, Aigis and Yukiko though.

I feel like I'm the only one playing him.

edit: am I crazy for wishing that Teddie's bat had an air version?

kewlmyc

Correct. Infact, once you've done that, select the character's story again and you'll get an option to
continue from the cliffhanger.

Silver Medal = Normal End. Gold Medal = True End. You should get an achievement for the true end too.

Also, as for Kanji's story mode.
I do recommend getting his gag ending. It's hilariously awesome. I was dying there from laughter.

Kanji's dream ending is the best thing in the game so far.

And the "normal endings" feel so cheap since all of them end with "to be continued".

Playing as Elizabeth, I'm terrified of Q's Shadow Labrys. I think I lost 20 times to you?

Some observations I got out of the matches:
SB Maragidyne cancelled into Diarahan seems to be safe if you cancel fast enough.
I have no idea when Asterios has autoguard.
You like to jump after Guillotine Axe. Half the time I pulled off a successful CH 2B with Elizabeth, but I don't have a good followup combo.
Your mixups are devious!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Playing as Elizabeth, I'm terrified of Q's Shadow Labrys. I think I lost 20 times to you?

Some observations I got out of the matches:
SB Maragidyne cancelled into Diarahan seems to be safe if you cancel fast enough.
I have no idea when Asterios has autoguard.
You like to jump after Guillotine Axe. Half the time I pulled off a successful CH 2B with Elizabeth, but I don't have a good followup combo.
Your mixups are devious!

He always has auto-guard. You have to do 410+ damage in a single hit to break him or hit me when he is doing something. Your 2b breaks him though.

Also "Rub Shooting White Dragon"

LOL

cjkeats

Took it online last night for the first time and did pretty decent for me not being usually good at fighters. Won 3 lost 4. Had to fight this guy as Akihiko twice who rushed me with that move where he goes back and forth to each side of you punching you. He brutally beat me the first time, but got him the second time we met and I figured out a way around his patterns.

Also fought two Naoto's and couldn't get near her with that damn gun. Lots of fun though, can't wait to really dive into it more the weekend.

He always has auto-guard. You have to do 410+ damage in a single hit to break him or hit me when he is doing something. Your 2b breaks him though.

Also "Rub Shooting White Dragon"

LOL

Hmm, I think the only other attack of Elizabeth's that can break 410 is Mabufudyne, she's mostly multi-hitting attacks.

Oh yeah Asterios has an attack where he rears back and slams his fists on the ground. I always got hit by that and saw a green exclamation mark. Does that attack hit low, or were you hitting with a low at the same time?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do you unlock more titles only in ranked matches?

I'm not even sure how you unlock those titles. I've done 20 ranked matches
winning only 3
and nothing has unlocked.

Took it online last night for the first time and did pretty decent for me not being usually good at fighters. Won 3 lost 4. Had to fight this guy as Akihiko twice who rushed me with that move where he goes back and forth to each side of you punching you. He brutally beat me the first time, but got him the second time we met and I figured out a way around his patterns.

That's just his auto combo, which is done by hitting light attack continuously. I haven't touched online yet in this game, it still confuses me so I'm afraid to jump online while still having no idea what to do. But it looks like a lot of guys in my position just don't give a shit and are doing it anyways.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm, I think the only other attack of Elizabeth's that can break 410 is Mabufudyne, she's mostly multi-hitting attacks.

Oh yeah Asterios has an attack where he rears back and slams his fists on the ground. I always got hit by that and saw a green exclamation mark. Does that attack hit low, or were you hitting with a low at the same time?

Yeah it's a low hit, he creates a shockwave. It's how she get's unblockbles. Yes it doesn't look like a low hit. Yes it's hilarious.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I haven't played P4 yet. Will this game spoil it for me?

If you go through story mode ya, besides that it kinda gives away who gets personas and what their personas are if you really care about all that. Game is fun though as a fighter so I wouldnt turn away just for story reasons. Then again one of the characters win poses ruins one of the funniest moments in the game

depths20XX

Played about 5 matches online last night as Kanji. Only fought against Elizabeth and Yosuke.

All the Lizs mashed autocombo it seemed. Good thing people are stupid right now and get hit by Kanjis IK Brofist. Got 3 people with it out of those 5 matches.

It's not that Q is a beast, he just has a lot of fighting game experience and unlike most people, applies all his ideas without hesitation. He's fun to fight because he likes abusing a certain type of pressure.

the roll? It has uses.

I just miss being able to slide into people in jojo's and marvel. Dashes don't have momentum in this game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's not that Q is a beast, he just has a lot of fighting game experience and unlike most people, applies all his ideas without hesitation. He's fun to fight because he likes abusing a certain type of pressure.

I just miss being able to slide into people in jojo's and marvel. Dashes don't have momentum in this game.

LOL That's exactly why I tend to stick to simple characters that have a bunch of little tricks. I learned how to play fighting games from two characters, Ky Kiske and Oro. Both are simple to use, both have a crap ton of little gimmicks and can play to their own rhythm and change it at will.

Anyone that played me in BB know this is true here as well. In CT I played Bang, he got changed away from that So I moved to Makoto, in CS2 she got changed away from that so I went to Mu-12.

Half of playing a fighter is finding a character that fits you. This is why it's important to try out every character. Specially if you haven't played that many fighters.

As for the dashing stuff, they don't call the games air-dashes for nothing. :p Mitsu has some abusive air pokes though so you shouldn't be too worried. It's understandable though after being used to basicly being able to full screen teleport from wave dashing fast as fuck.

LOL That's exactly why I tend to stick to simple characters that have a bunch of little tricks. I learned how to play fighting games from two characters, Ky Kiske and Oro. Both are simple to use, both have a crap ton of little gimmicks and can play to their own rhythm and change it at will.

Anyone that played me in BB know this is true here as well. In CT I playe Bang, he got changed away from that So I moved to Makoto, in CS2 she got changed away from that so I went to Mu-12.

Half of playing a fighter is finding a character that fits you.

As for the dashing stuff, they don't call the games air-dashes for nothing. :p Mitsu has some abusive air pokes though so you shouldn't be too worried. It's understandable though after being used to basicly being able to full screen teleport from wave dashing fast as fuck.

Shut up and play me later tonight. All I have so far is half of a bnb that uses 25% meter and one setup. I'm ready to be learned.

Yea, ggs man. You were punishing most of my attacks appropriately. Felt like I couldn't do anything most of the time, no matter where I was on screen.

I might pick someone else up until I learn Elizabeth proper. I am so salty right now.

That's because you tend to do the same thing in certain situations. Full screen away? That weird sentinel mouth laser or replenish health super. Opponent is jumping? Use that weird blue scarf thing. Using a blockstring? End with a throw. There was a time where your persona did a blue flame thing that comes from the floor across the screen and you ran closer to me with the projectile. You need to do things like that where you can mixup/hide your attacks.

It feels so weird that dashing stops when I let go. I'm used to runs having a longer minimum distance and momentum in Jojo's. Dio has one of the best dashes ever. AND the best teleport. I have to learn that box jumping like a madman doesn't mean I'm playing like an idiot like when I use Twelve or Jedah.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It feels so weird that dashing stops when I let go. I'm used to runs having a longer minimum distance and momentum in Jojo's. Dio has one of the best dashes ever. AND the best teleport. I have to learn that box jumping like a madman doesn't mean I'm playing like an idiot like when I use Twelve or Jedah.

I main Jedah for a reason hahaha.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
All the Lizs mashed autocombo it seemed.
Her autocombo sucks up meter for not much damage. Sure, she gets truckloads of meter to begin with, but I'd rather use it on other things.... like her IK which is so awesomely viable in certain matchups. Those hits can come from anything!

zlatko

Banned
Yosuke's green gas mode is crazy by the way. Zoning him in that form is near impossible, and the new things that open up for him to do in that form really let you jack fools up.

He's a maniac like that.

Top Bottom