• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Woah... I'm actually enjoying Naoto. She looks cool, but I never expected her to click. This could be a very interesting game if I go with her.

Yosuke's green gas mode is crazy by the way. Zoning him in that form is near impossible, and the new things that open up for him to do in that form really let you jack fools up.

He's a maniac like that.

Don't know if you've been using Mirage Slash. But if you do here's a nice combo I found that you can get from bursting after you hit them with it, or if you get a counter hit.

As they come down, 2B,2C j5BB2B, j5BB2B, 214D, then Garudyne if you have the meter for it.

Seems like a lot of people don't expect Yosuke to teleport from the air for a low hit, so if you can get counter hits with this it's basically a free combo.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lol at SUPARSTARX and Jebailey quotes in the Atlus mail.

Full combo is :

Throw > 5AA > 5B > 2A+B > (Held) B Coup Droit > 2B > C Bufula > (Held) 5B > (Held) B Coup Droit

So you can't hold down 5B without dropping the combo

Do any of the moves before 5B > 2A+B send the opponent airborne? That could be the difference if you're just practicing 5B > 2A+B

Onemic

Do any of the moves before 5B > 2A+B send the opponent airborne? That could be the difference if you're just practicing 5B > 2A+B

EDIT: ya the throw does. I've been trying to do just the 5AA>5B>2A+B though. I'll try it with the throw instead

EDIT2: Damn, I'm dumb. ya it was the throw that i needed, thanks.

mp4a.png

Grabbing this if it's still available (looked back a few pages, didn't see it).

I might have my (PS3) copy in hand by this evening. Fingers crossed. If not then I'll have to wait until tomorrow. :(

Will add as many PS3 fighters as soon as I get it though. Would appreciate beign added to the list. PSN/SEN id is TomcatTheLion

Solune

Solune: A+C+D is not.
So my work comp overheated just as I figured out MK is D. WHO USES SF NOTATION FOR A 4 BUTTON FIGHTER!? =p. I see your point, though I'm used to X-factoring...
Full combo is :

Throw > 5AA > 5B > 2A+B > (Held) B Coup Droit > 2B > C Bufula > (Held) 5B > (Held) B Coup Droit

You're doing challenge 24

You have to hit 5AA > 5B > (delay) Sweep

Shito

Full combo is :

This is a corner combo, and the 2A+B combos just fine after that for me. Like really easily, without the need to charge, so I don't know what's wrong for you. '__'
I prefer using 4B for this one, though.

The one I can't seem to combo (and which seems to be a very tight link) is the second sweep in...

Anti-air 5AA > 5B > 2B > 2D > 6B > 2A+B > C Bufula > 6B > 2A+B > B Coup Droit

I can "yellow combo" it, but never got it to work as a true combo. :/

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So my work comp overheated just as I figured out MK is D. WHO USES SF NOTATION FOR A 4 BUTTON FIGHTER!? =p. I see your point, though I'm used to X-factoring...
Um, P/K notation is what's used by stick modders to refer to physical button location on a 2 row 4 column button layout. Sure, it's usually 1P 2P 3P 4P 1K 2K 3K 4K, but I figured LP MP HP would be understood better.

vocab

Having a character crisis now. I'm feeling like all the work im putting into akahiko is not being rewarded, and I forget most of it the next day anyway. His tight jumping b links are so hard to do reliably. If I choose another character I'm gonna have to start from scratch =/

I love Atlus emails XD

Having a character crisis now. I'm feeling like all the work im putting into akahiko is not being rewarded, and I forget most of it the next day anyway. His tight jumping b links are so hard to do reliably. If I choose another character I'm gonna have to start from scratch =/

Well, it‘s pretty much week one, so it‘s not much of a loss if you change.

I would say that if you really like the character, stick with him/her even if it doesn't pay off right away. I remember when I first started BB, I went STRAIGHT to Rachel and I was literally a punching bag for 2 weeks and almost quit after a month. I still remember when I used to blow 4 wind stock in half a second.

If you don't like Akihiko, then by all means, switch over. Otherwise, stick around... it WILL pay off.

Your work computer overheats?

I would say that if you really like the character, stick with him/her even if it doesn't pay off right away. I remember when I first started BB, I went STRAIGHT to Rachel and I was literally a punching bag for 2 weeks and almost quit after a month. I still remember when I used to blow 4 wind stock in half a second.

If you don't like Akihiko, then by all means, switch over. Otherwise, stick around... it WILL pay off.

Yeah, I was the same with Tao and Mu...I never did actually get good with Tao but at least I could put up a fight by the end of CS (then I dropped her in EX but that‘s another story).

Solune

Um, P/K notation is what's used by stick modders to refer to physical button location on a 2 row 4 column button layout. Sure, it's usually 1P 2P 3P 4P 1K 2K 3K 4K, but I figured LP MP HP would be understood better.

Ah I see, pardon my ignorance. I usually refer to notation on a per game basis especially with button layouts and controller layouts differing. Although I should've recognized MK and just made a mistake.

Your work computer overheats?
Working in Canada is poverty

I'm just getting eaten up by Labrys. Guard point moves are just dumb...

Do you mean the Brutal Impact? She's invulnerable during the charge up but is very punishable after the strike.

Overall I think you did pretty good. Towards the end you were starting to mix up some high/lows/AOA's which I have a hard time blocking.

Also, you can DP after the first 5AA axe hits which I use to pressure a lot at close ranged.

Is there a lobby going on?
Invite me at Sarumanu.

Sorry about disbanding the room. We played a lot of matches so I needed to take a break.

Noi

Not joining the lobby just yet, Busaiko. Gonna hit the lab for a while and force myself to learn some BnBs, MAYBE get used to another character.

I should learn someone that isn't a zoner for once. Yu seems pretty straightforward...

Solune

No wonder you use Ragna and Mitsuru. You need to take all the top tiers you can get.

I swear I'd use someone other than Ragna but I always quit BB because I'm so ass at it before I get around to learning the game beyond doing combos.

Mitsuru on the other hand... She's my Cerulean/Devoted/Matriarch

Top Bottom